• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview BW079: Sekka Gym Battle! Ice Battlefield!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: BW079: 7th Gym Battle.

Same as before, if you put in the 1st post, please don't copy/paste, I'd rather you insert the quote and remove the extraneous non-summary parts.

Please AND THANK YOU.

Summary:

"""Get the 7th badge at Sekka Gym!! Ash was confronted with Hachiku's strength while training with him. But, he must collect all 8 badges

Ash graps the key to victory!? His two Pokemon are these!

Pic of Ash with a fist raised: We'll win together!!

The Pokemon Ash choose are heating up this cold gym。They'll(Ash's Pokes) show their power tempered by their long journey!!

Pokabu attains/obtains a new power!?
ーーWhy did Pokabu have a rope tied around him when Ash met him?
The acts of Pokabu's former trainer come to light!

Training with Tsunbear, Wariburu awakens..!?
-After training with Tsunbear, did Warubiru attain a strong/courageous heart!?
-Wishing to beat that Tsunbear! Becoming cowardly after losing his Sunglasses, Warubiru battles at full power!(these two are the bottom picture captions)

Warubiru develops feelings of rivalry with Hachiku's Tsunbear. Not just training their bodies, as without a strong heart it's hopeless, the challenge lies in a huge wall(this last bit is suspect >.<)

Finally, I'm tired but I'll summarize a few points said about Hachiku's Pokemon:

Check out Hachiku's 3 Pokemon!(literally says this, just as the other part says Ash's pokemon used are 2.)

Furigeo - Knows Rapid Spin. Uses his disk-like body as a weapon. Speedily attacks from mid-air.

ICe Cream Cone - Knows Icicle Spear. Gives you the chills from just looking at it!  Floating about, evading, a troublesome Pokemon.

Tsunbear - Knows Icicle Crash. Not just powerful but intense as well. Sharpened the power of his techniques training with Hachiku. Are there any openings in his defense !?"""

Seems like Ash only uses two Pokemon, those being Pokabu/Chaobuu(if he didn't evolve in the prior ep for whatever reason, it definitely would happen here) and Warubiru.
HOWEVER, it seems like Warubiru and Tsunbear are rivals and Tsunbear is his 'Ace' Pokemon/Final Poke, so I don't see it fitting for Pokabu to evolve here, as it'd rob Warubiru of his glory.

So likely either Chaobuu or Waurbiru take out 2 Pokemon, and the other takes out one. Also likely, Waribiru goes second as he is definitely facing Tsunbear, which again, is likely to be Hachiku's 'Ace".

Ah, and it wouldn't hurt you people to hit the thank you button, Japanese is my third language, it does not come easy to me.....

anyone who can tell which animator that does the gym battle?

but he'' be doing the Hachiku intro episode. Doesn't make sense for him to do two in a row. (?)
Could be a case of it being him and Natsume working on the same episode again. That first picture of Ash shivering looks like his art style to me. I guess I could be wrong though, as it's admittedly pretty difficult to tell this time around.

Last edited:

Wait so it this a 2 v 2, 3 v 3, or a 2 v 3? If it's the latter then that's actually pretty interesting. If it's only a 2 v 2 I'll be slightly disappointed.

This should be a 3-on-3 battle because all three of Brycen's pokemon (Beartic, Cryogonal, and Vanillish) are seen on the scan. Maybe Ash is using only two pokemon here because that's all he needs to win here?

Tepig is expected. Krokorok is an unexpected yet pleasant surprise (about time that this pokemon is seen again). Snivy seems to be present simply for training Tepig for the battle. If this is a 3-on-3 battle, I am setting my standards low and expect either Pikachu or Oshawott. I would be happy if the third pokemon is either Boldore or Scraggy; both pokemon have moves super effective against Ice-types. I would just be happy if they were fall guys. Just make them appear, writers.

There's something about why Tepig was tied? I wonder what it is.

There's something about why Tepig was tied? I wonder what it is.

The quoter used the Serebii number system, and got mixed up here. That is for BW077 by our count. Wrong episode.

Yes for Krokorok, and WHY IS TEPIG NOT EVOLVING? Stupid spoilers, I think the poster PHAILED finally, because it's not happening in April, but May or even June at this rate!!

*Que @Gliscor'd; shuddering at supposed subliminal Johto echoes*

Here, the Internet, have some actual scans from the magazine:

page20.png

page021.png

Can't see which Pokemon is Crygonal fighting in the low left scan on the right side! ???
It isn't Krokorok and not Pokabu! It seems Green! It should be Scraggy, cause Snivy was used as well after the Don Battle tournament !?
Didn't expext Krokorok to shine! Maybe even evolve!

EDIT: It's the green arena! (Stupid) but it's an electric type move that surprises Ash so it could OSHAWOTT! be number 3!

Last edited:

Potential Waruvile evolution? It now almost seems weird to have a gym battle without it. :p

OR a new move other than Rock Smash, may be? But we can use an evolution in the one after that ;)

OR both. I'm not putting anything past the writers at this point. Waruvile evolving and learning Outrage, Earthquake and Superpower, I'm calling it. XD

All Boldore's moves are super effective, so it would make sense if it were Boldore

Not to Ash.

I too hope for Scraggy gym debut. Guessing no Leavanny as Krokork has taken the dumbass disadvantage position for this gym.

Probably Pignite since it hasn't been used in a gym since Castelia where it was mushed to pieces

Potential Waruvile evolution? It now almost seems weird to have a gym battle without it. :p

isn't he a waruvile in all the movie 15 merchandise though?

I think we'll see Boldore (toy set I saw), Krokorok, and Tepig, who'll evolve into Pignite probably if he hasn't already. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom