• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review S15 EP11: Stopping the Rage of Legends! Part 1

garrison-san

someone in the dark
Reaction score
BW059 - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia

Driftveil gym leader Clay promises Ash a battle if he and his friends are able to bring him back a Revival Herb from Milos Island. Whilst there, they discover that a disturbance upon the island has caused the Revival Herb plant to stop growing, in addition to making all of the local Grass-type pokemon sick. When legendary pokemon Tornadus and Thundurus of the "Kami trio" appear and begin wreaking havoc upon the island, Ash and friends' only hope may lie with the third member, Landorus.

Was a bit disappointed at the fact that the trio didn't keep their original voices at first, but then their dub voices turned out pretty good.

Anyway, good dub. I thought the art was really, really nice in this ep. Iris looked pretty with her hair blowing in the wind during the ship ride. Liked how physical the fight between Ash, his friends, and the duo felt.

Poor Stunfisk......

It was really awe-inspiring at how violent and destructive Thundurus and Tornadus were. I liked the part when everyone was using their own pokemon to try to stop the fighting. Although I kinda scoffed when Cilan thought he could use Pansage to even put a dent in Tornadus! I mean it's a Flying-type, so none of Pansage's moves would be effective, and on top of that it's a freaking Legendary Pokemon! Why would he even think he could even distract Tornadus?

I loved the Stunfisk/Pikachu teamwork there. Did it remind anyone else of Pikachu/Swellow combination? For some reason it did to me.

This only makes me ponder how powerful the anime actually thinks pokemon are. Receiving a full hit from a legend, and it's super effective...Snivy should've been OHKO'd. Then again, the old series used to make me think about this, too. I don't dwell on it, though, since I know it's one of those things the anime is not consistent on.

Overall pretty good episode, but the only problem is that TPCi only kept 3 pieces of music. The title card music, the B/W opening theme directly after & the piece that ends the episode.

Overall pretty good episode, but the only problem is that TPCi only kept 3 pieces of music. The title card music, the B/W opening theme directly after & the piece that ends the episode.

Only 3 out of 13 pieces (23%)? That's probably the lowest amount of music that the dub has kept so far this season.

Last edited:

That's probably the lowest amount of music that the dub has kept so far this season.
I'm tired of this music replacing. The dub has everything else great, the scripts & voice acting, and now only the music is the problem. It seems like we'll never get a good Pokemon dub.

Due to the often heated back-and-forths that occur within this thread between certain individuals, this thread is now going to be closed. It has worn out its welcome for discussion on BGM kept and despite in-threads warnings, official warnings and infractions, it is clear that those are ineffective.

From now on users may:

- Post how much music was kept within a dub episode in that particular episode's review thread (this includes past review threads).
- Discuss any of the music in that particular episode in the review thread, whether it be dub BGM or not, or a piece that was replaced.

Discussing TCPI's general practices on replacing BGM will not be allowed in review threads. There will however shortly be a new thread created in The Pokémon League concerning the act of replacing music.

If anyone has any questions, comments or concerns, do not hesitate to contact me.

http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f555/should-dubbing-companies-pokémon-anime-replace-bgm-songs-131292/

Due to the often heated back-and-forths that occur within this thread between certain individuals, this thread is now going to be closed. It has worn out its welcome for discussion on BGM kept and despite in-threads warnings, official warnings and infractions, it is clear that those are ineffective.

From now on users may:

- Post how much music was kept within a dub episode in that particular episode's review thread (this includes past review threads).
- Discuss any of the music in that particular episode in the review thread, whether it be dub BGM or not, or a piece that was replaced.

Discussing TCPI's general practices on replacing BGM will not be allowed in review threads. There will however shortly be a new thread created in The Pokémon League concerning the act of replacing music.

If anyone has any questions, comments or concerns, do not hesitate to contact me.

http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f555/should-dubbing-companies-pokémon-anime-replace-bgm-songs-131292/
I did nothing wrong, all I did was state how much music was kept, and answered BladeLight's question with an opinion. Nothing wrong there.

I did nothing wrong, all I did was state how much music was kept, and answered BladeLight's question with an opinion. Nothing wrong there.

"I'm tired of this music replacing" and "It seems like we'll never get a good Pokemon dub." is discussing TCPI's general practices on replacing BGM and not specifically referring to the music replaced in this episode.

The reason why comments on the general practice of replacing BGM not being allowed in review threads is simply because its incredibly repetitive and isn't actually talking about the episode itself. We have a separate thread for it so that people don't have to endure the same comments over and over when trying to see how much music was kept.

Last edited:

"I'm tired of this music replacing" and "It seems like we'll never get a good Pokemon dub." is discussing TCPI's general practices on replacing BGM and not specifically referring to the music replaced in this episode.

The reason why comments on the general practice of replacing BGM not being allowed in review threads is simply because its incredibly repetitive and isn't actually talking about the episode itself. We have a separate thread for it so that people don't have to endure the same comments over and over when trying to see how much music was kept.
We'll just agree to disagree then because I don't see it as that.

I wish I had a gif of Clay's boss walk

Okay, I don't understand something. Team Rocket's plan to nab the Kami trio rested solely on the fact that Ash and his friends were going to 1) go to Milos Island, and 2) wake up Landorus to stop Thundurus and Tornadus from... fighting for whatever reason they're fighting.

...what if Clay had battled Ash without demanding Revival Herbs, Ash had won his gym battle, and they had all left Driftveil without having ever heard of Milos Island? Would Team Rocket have just sat around waiting for someone else to wake Landorus up or what? ._. Because apparently Landorus required a Shrine Maiden (cue Iris, being the only chick) to wake him up.

Maybe I just wasn't paying enough attention because I was bored with the dull background music and repetitive attack animation.

I wish I had a gif of Clay's boss walk

Okay, I don't understand something. Team Rocket's plan to nab the Kami trio rested solely on the fact that Ash and his friends were going to 1) go to Milos Island, and 2) wake up Landorus to stop Thundurus and Tornadus from... fighting for whatever reason they're fighting.

...what if Clay had battled Ash without demanding Revival Herbs, Ash had won his gym battle, and they had all left Driftveil without having ever heard of Milos Island? Would Team Rocket have just sat around waiting for someone else to wake Landorus up or what? ._. Because apparently Landorus required a Shrine Maiden (cue Iris, being the only chick) to wake him up.

Maybe I just wasn't paying enough attention because I was bored with the dull background music and repetitive attack animation.

Best Wishes Team Rocket, folks.

What an episode! seriously this is easily one of the best episodes of pokemon that i have seen in years, and omg the music! it was breathetaking

anyone knows the piece that played during the 5 minute mark when everyone was looking at the history of the milo islands legends, it was such an emotional soundtrack and tcpi did a great job with it, i honestly thought it wasn't even dub created it was that good.

10/10 the animation the soundtrack the voice actors the plot

absolutely amazing

Thanks for ruining the intense atmosphere of the episode, dub. Bland dub music and equally bland voice acting (especially Lewis' boring voice, yecch!) just really ruined the dub for me.

I think the voice acting was worse than the music for this one, though. In the Japanese version, everyone sounded a lot more worried when they were fleeing from Tornelos and much more intense when fighting the duo. It really helped give off the despairing feeling that this two-parter gives off. TCPi's version is just weak in comparison, as it sounds like everyone's screaming in a microphone 24/7. I know the dub voice actors can act better than this; what's holding them back?

Thanks for ruining the intense atmosphere of the episode, dub. Bland dub music and equally bland voice acting (especially Lewis' boring voice, yecch!) just really ruined the dub for me.

I think the voice acting was worse than the music for this one, though. In the Japanese version, everyone sounded a lot more worried when they were fleeing from Tornelos and much more intense when fighting the duo. It really helped give off the despairing feeling that this two-parter gives off. TCPi's version is just weak in comparison, as it sounds like everyone's screaming in a microphone 24/7. I know the dub voice actors can act better than this; what's holding them back?

I think you might have been watching battle frontier instead

OK, maybe I raised my hopes a bit too high but I had initially expected to see a more intense and exciting episode, a plot less predictable and normal as it actually turned out to be. Yes, it was a decent episode but it didn't really keep me on the edge of my seat either, and that's what you actually expect when you read the title "Rage Of Legends". I for one couldn't help but think that it was a rehash of the rather bland battle between Cresselia and Darkrai, at least it felt a little bit like it.
Why, for example, have Tornadus and Thundurus always been rivals? What was the reason for their fight? It was a pity that we didn't get to hear anything about it!

Somebody already mentioned that the Anime was once again not consistent when it comes to the strength of the twerps' Pokemon, but I think that's not even all. When Lewis related the legend of Milos Island and especially when he tried to contact Landorus to ask for rain, I expected Cilan to immediately bring up his well-known "That's not scientific. We need to find a reasonable explanation for that" -talk.

I wouldn't say so. On the contrary, I think Lewis' partly emotionless, cool voice fitted him quite well and reminded me of Riley who was a great character (And if you ask me, this mini arc and the story on Iron Island are comparable in some way.)

Again, it wasn't a bad episode but I would have wanted the writers to put a little more effort into it after all the suspense they built up. But let's wait and see what part two next week will have in store for us.

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom