• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gen 5)

which ranger games can you get a manaphy egg from, or is it just the original pokemon ranger game?

I believe it was all of them, but the event ended quite some time ago if I am correct. If you have the mission itself already downloaded, though, it should be possible to complete it at any time.

Re: Simple Questions and Simple Answers

So, I'd like to try finishing Emerald (which I started a long time ago but put down for awhile because I got more interested in other games), but I'm stuck. I'm at Sootopolis City, but the gym is closed. What do I do next? I simply can't figure it out. I remember someone telling me something about going after the Weather Trio awhile back, but I can't remember what that was exactly.

Are Groudon/Kyogre raging yet? If so you have to go awaken Rayquaza. If they aren't then yes, you must go awaken Groudon/Kyogre first so that way they'll go off to fight, leaving Maxie/Archie confuzzled and at that point you awaken Rayquaza.

Are Groudon/Kyogre raging yet? If so you have to go awaken Rayquaza. If they aren't then yes, you must go awaken Groudon/Kyogre first so that way they'll go off to fight, leaving Maxie/Archie confuzzled and at that point you awaken Rayquaza.

No, they're not doing that yet. How do I find and awaken them?

I have a question about Black City/White Forest. I understand that the number of residents and the growth is dependent upon how long it took you to complete the game, but I don't understand how. Say for example, if it took you a long time to complete the game (my White took me over a year because I was distracted with other games) does that mean you have the maximum number of residents? Or do you have none?

I also know that you shouldn't mess with your DS's internal clock/date system because that messes with the growth of either Black City or White Forest. I accidentally did that to my Black game and had too much on it to transfer off so I got White in order to bring more people in. This time around, I didn't touch my DS clock. I even left it an hour behind due to Daylight Savings. But when I got to White Forest, there's no one there. Just the mayor's house and two people. I'm not even sure if those two people count because they don't say much other than it's peaceful living in White Forest. I don't understand what went wrong. Why don't I have anyone in my White Forest?

Thanks for anyone clearing this up. I hope I made my issue clear enough. :p

P.S. If anyone can tell me how to get people in my White Forest, I don't mind transferring them to my Black temporarily and starting over since I don't have many Pokemon that I want to keep.

The longer it takes for you to complete the game, the less people inhabit Black City/White Forest. Meaning, the sooner you reach either location, the more inhabitants there will be. Via Entralink, you can visit the location exclusive to the version opposite your own and kidnap invite characters into the location in your game to increase the occupancy. Hope this helped. :)

Black City - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia

White Forest - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia
Thanks for that! So I guess what it means is I have to finish my White game super fast. Also, something that I don't quite understand is, what did the article about White Forest mean when it said that residents drop items. How do they drop them (like do I have to talk to them?) And do I need the item finder? Or can you see the little pokeball symbolizing an item on the ground?

One last question that I don't think the articles explained. If I transfer people from my White Forest to my Black City, how can I populate my White Forest again? Do I have to 'transfer' the residents back and forth?

Thanks for that! So I guess what it means is I have to finish my White game super fast. Also, something that I don't quite understand is, what did the article about White Forest mean when it said that residents drop items. How do they drop them (like do I have to talk to them?) And do I need the item finder? Or can you see the little pokeball symbolizing an item on the ground?

One last question that I don't think the articles explained. If I transfer people from my White Forest to my Black City, how can I populate my White Forest again? Do I have to 'transfer' the residents back and forth?

Yes, most of the dropped items will be visible. Some of them might be hidden behind a building or a tree, though.

You can transfer them back and forth, or if you have a friend with Black or White, you can transfer residents from their cartridge.

No, they're not doing that yet. How do I find and awaken them?

Have you been to Team Magma's Hideout yet (in Mt. Chimney)?
if not:
To awaken Groudon (skip ahead to about 3:32 and go from there)
(also you need the magma emblem to open team magma's hideout. you get the magma emblem by talking to the old woman at the peak of mt. pyre after you fight some team aqua grunts that are also at the top of mt. pyre.You can see this exactly though if you watch part 54 if you need help)

He doesn't get to the part about awakening Kyogre til ~part 74/75 though (he does a lot of exploring beforehand) so I'd just skim through the videos if you are in a rush.

Yep, I've done both Magma and Aqua's hideouts. I'll look at that video though.

Re: Older Games: Simple Questions Thread

I would like some help in Platinum. I beat Mars, and today is Friday, and I am at the Valley Wind-works. Drifloon isn't here. So may I please have help? Yes, my DS knows it is Friday, also.

I'm having some issues with my Game Sync on Black. I haven't used the Dream world in a while, but it still gives me the message that "Game sync has run out of battery. It will take 1 day to recharge". I haven't messed with the clock at all, the only thing I've done is change out the games in the DSi. Should I just try again tomorrow, or is there something I can do?

Sometimes it can derp out like that, the only thing I think you can do is try again tomorrow. =/

I'm having some issues with my Game Sync on Black. I haven't used the Dream world in a while, but it still gives me the message that "Game sync has run out of battery. It will take 1 day to recharge". I haven't messed with the clock at all, the only thing I've done is change out the games in the DSi. Should I just try again tomorrow, or is there something I can do?

Have you changed the game it was originally synced to? That could cause the problem. Other than that though, I don't think not using it for a while and not changing DS's should mess with anything.

Edit: I myself have tried it in the past (not going on DW for about a month or two), yet it was perfectly fine. One day it just acted up randomly, so it might just be a glitch/bug.

cool, thanks. Should I try again when the clock rolls over, or wait the full 24 hrs? I haven't synced up a different game or changed anything on the game linked to the dream world

I would like some help in Platinum. I beat Mars, and today is Friday, and I am at the Valley Wind-works. Drifloon isn't here. So may I please have help? Yes, my DS knows it is Friday, also.

Did you let the clock roll over to 12:01 Friday morning? Or did you just set it to Friday manually?

Did you let the clock roll over to 12:01 Friday morning? Or did you just set it to Friday manually?

I let it roll over.... Do I need to beat the Elite Four?

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom