• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

"Perfect" Kyurem - rebirth of the Original Dragon

Re: "Perfect" Kyurem

Do you really think he would tell you what is going to happen after 4 or 5 years?

He said they were done with Black and White, and you expect no Pokemon Grey, and then they tell you they're going to release Black and White 2, which is more BW than Grey.

What I mean, in simple words, is that you cannot use that to confirm that there won't be any Pokemon Grey.

Gen V is ending soon. They're not going to drag it out for another 4-5 years with yet another third version.

What I want to know, though, is why the dragon split into three instead of two. Did the Heroes have a little brother that didn't want them to fight? Also, do the Tao Trio have the Original Dragon's memories? Iris or Drayden (Can't remember which) said it split it's body in two.

What I want to know, though, is why the dragon split into three instead of two. Did the Heroes have a little brother that didn't want them to fight? Also, do the Tao Trio have the Original Dragon's memories? Iris or Drayden (Can't remember which) said it split it's body in two.

Iris and Drayden may be more knowledgeable about the myth than anyone else, but they weren't there to see it; their words aren't infallible.

-The Original Dragon's mind and energy are expunged from its body
-Said mind and energy split into two, resulting in Reshiram and Zekrom
-The leftover corpse takes on a zombie-like "life" of its own, and becomes Kyurem.

This is how I imagine it might have gone, but it's all just speculation on my part. I am mostly sure; however, that Kyurem is equivalent to a zombie of sorts. The deathly coldness, the empty eyes in its normal form, the savage man and Pokemon eating tendencies spoken of...

Do you really think he would tell you what is going to happen after 4 or 5 years?

He said they were done with Black and White, and you expect no Pokemon Grey, and then they tell you they're going to release Black and White 2, which is more BW than Grey.

What I mean, in simple words, is that you cannot use that to confirm that there won't be any Pokemon Grey.

Gen V is ending soon. They're not going to drag it out for another 4-5 years with yet another third version.

I sort of agree with you, because I also think that it is ending, but since we don't know anything for sure we can continue speculating.

Also in regards to Grey, I honestly don't think that Game Freak will even consider it. BW2 is pretty much our obligatory "third version", so to speak, for Gen V. It pretty much expands on BW like how a singular third version would.

BW2 is not the "third version" of BW1, in no way.

Third versions never had big differences from the pairs like BW2 do. I am not even comparing BW2 to Gold and Silver, it's just something new. BW1 were supposed to be a new beginning, and it's their chance to change things, like those patterns that everyone knew about.

Since we know that another dragon exists, and that dragon is not the mascot of BW2 (or isn't in the games), I guess we can expect other Gen V games, or the story of Gen VI games to be connected to Gen V.

Gen III and IV had 5 main games (with the remakes), and Gen V could simply have 5 games, but instead of the remakes, we get sequels, because we don't need Ruby and Sapphire.

Wait, what if the whole 'No RS remakes' deal is because we're getting a single Emerald remake instead? They can't be done with Hoenn. I don't care if we get RS2, just as long as they revisit it!

Well, BW2 is still in the same region, has the 3rd trio member as a mascot with a new Forme, and expands on the plot. Sounds like a 3rd version to me.

Kyurem couldn't be the corpse of the original, otherwise it wouldn't be a member of the trio.

Well, BW2 is still in the same region, has the 3rd trio member as a mascot with a new Forme, and expands on the plot. Sounds like a 3rd version to me.

Except the sequels are not "third versions." They're continuing the story of B/W; something no third version has ever done. And it's still too soon to tell if the sequels will only focus on Unova.

BW2 is not the "third version" of BW1, in no way.

Third versions never had big differences from the pairs like BW2 do. I am not even comparing BW2 to Gold and Silver, it's just something new. BW1 were supposed to be a new beginning, and it's their chance to change things, like those patterns that everyone knew about.

Since we know that another dragon exists, and that dragon is not the mascot of BW2 (or isn't in the games), I guess we can expect other Gen V games, or the story of Gen VI games to be connected to Gen V.

Gen III and IV had 5 main games (with the remakes), and Gen V could simply have 5 games, but instead of the remakes, we get sequels, because we don't need Ruby and Sapphire.

Would have helped if the quote actually got my username right.

What I was trying to say, was that BW2 was LIKE a third version. By all means I am aware that they're actually sequels, but what I was trying to say, was that they pretty much fill the gap for a third version. In general, the third version usually replaces the legendary duo with a single legendary. In BW2, we get a single legendary who only changes form in different games, but it is still just a single legendary. The third version also usually expands the Pokedex in some way, or otherwise includes more Pokemon available early on in the wild, which is something that BW2 has also done.

Of course, BW2 has also expanded much more by being sequels, however, they still pretty much fill the gap for what a third version would usually do. It may not be exactly like Crystal, Emerald or Platinum because BW2 are sequels, but I truly do believe that BW2 is in a sense the "third versions". And for that reason, I honestly don't believe we will ever see a Gray version because BW2 already fulfills the things that a regular third version would. And if we do get Gray, it would probably be the "third version" to BW2 and not BW.

If there is a 'Grey' version, I hope they wait until after whatever they're doing with Hoenn is done (if in fact they really are doing something), and that it's a playthrough of BW 1&2 using the same character. With the 3DS's larger capacity, it's not inconceivable. However, I don't think that they'll need to; BW2 should conclude the story. If there ever will be a way to get the Original One, it may come in later generations, or, due to the continuity issue that having Reshiram, Zekrom, Kyurem & 'Original' in the same team, it may not. If not, I would like to see a picture of what it once looked like, though...

Iris and Drayden may be more knowledgeable about the myth than anyone else, but they weren't there to see it; their words aren't infallible.

-The leftover corpse takes on a zombie-like "life" of its own, and becomes Kyurem.

This is how I imagine it might have gone, but it's all just speculation on my part. I am mostly sure; however, that Kyurem is equivalent to a zombie of sorts. The deathly coldness, the empty eyes in its normal form, the savage man and Pokemon eating tendencies spoken of...

This was the main theory, I had fully supported it until two formes as opposed to one godly forme were revealed. What people forget due to lack of knowledge about Taoism is that there is indeed a triad involved dealing three different set of energies: The Three Pure Ones of Taoism. Its explained that after the One split into the Two, the Two split further into the Three before splitting finally into the 10,000 things.

The movie info also states that Kyurem was born at the same time as Reshiram/Zekrom, and even though its not the games I'm inclined to believe it. That fits perfectly with the description above, as the two main energy sources leave behind a shell or negative energy which translates as a third source, but not at all the same as the One. (Taiji)

I also love using this example:

Nincada = Original Dragon
Ninjask = Reshiram/Zekrom
Shedinja = Kyurem

If Kyurem was the Original Dragon, then Black/White Kyurem are kinda redundant IMO because Reshiram/Zekrom themselves technically are already "alternate formes" of the Original Dragon. Wuji and Taiji in this case need to be kept separate.

Should a new Dragon be introduced, then it should be referred to as the Taiji Pokemon, or even Dao Pokemon.

Last edited:

This was the main theory, I had fully supported it until two formes as opposed to one godly forme were revealed. What people forget due to lack of knowledge about Taoism is that there is indeed a triad involved dealing three different set of energies: The Three Pure Ones of Taoism. Its explained that after the One split into the Two, the Two split further into the Three before splitting finally into the 10,000 things.

The movie info also states that Kyurem was born at the same time as Reshiram/Zekrom, and even though its not the games I'm inclined to believe it. That fits perfectly with the description above, as the two main energy sources leave behind a shell or negative energy which translates as a third source, but not at all the same as the One. (Taiji)

I also love using this example:

Nincada = Original Dragon
Ninjask = Reshiram/Zekrom
Shedinja = Kyurem

If Kyurem was the Original Dragon, then Black/White Kyurem are kinda redundant IMO because Reshiram/Zekrom themselves technically are already "alternate formes" of the Original Dragon. Wuji and Taiji in this case need to be kept separate.

Should a new Dragon be introduced, then it should be referred to as the Taiji Pokemon, or even Dao Pokemon.

If that was the case then I'd think my idea here that the original dragon actually constitutes Black Kyurem and White Kyurem makes more sense since there was One (Original Dragon) which split into Two (Black and White Kyurem, along with the Black and White dimensions) which gave birth to Three (Reshiram, Zekrom, and Kyurem). This technically allows for the account that all dragons were born at the same time if you count the two dimensions. The time discrepancy described in my theory would be quite short, perhaps milliseconds, as both Reshiram and Zekrom needed to be purged to go with the brothers.

Obviously a working theory that was based on very little information other than in-game confirmation that Black and White are alternate dimensions, but I'm interested to see how much of this lines up.

Of course, wouldn't your proposition of "leaving behind a shell" technically still go in line with the idea that Kyurem is the "corpse" that resulted from the energies being purged?

Last edited:

The original dragon would in theory be to the Tao trio as Arceus was to Creation trio. What makes you think it needs to have its own game? Since it is truly a thing of legend, it is only appropriate that it should be an event Pokémon rather than a version mascot. Speculating about seeing it in B2W2 in that capacity seems more reasonable to me than anything that would involve a fifth Unova game. B2W2 replacing a third version was a pleasant surprise for everyone, whereas releasing a third version despite that would be extremely excessive; few fans would support such a move. As for treating Generation VI essentially as a sequel to B2W2, that would entail giving Unova a trilogy at the expense of a separate story. Actually, it would be even worse as Generation VI will probably have more than two versions related to the same story.

I expect the Unova story to be largely wrapped up in B2W2. If the original dragon's story remains unresolved (which I hope won't happen), I can only see it being addressed in a future generation (not the next one) in which a return to Unova won't be deemed repetitive. Game Freak do have long-term plans for the series, but I don't see why the original dragon shouldn't simply receive the Arceus treatment.

Last edited:

Remember though, the legend of the brothers specifically says the Original Dragon split into TWO dragons, not 3. Plus, if they were all truly 1 dragon before, wouldn't Kyurem's formes look more evenly distributed with features from Reshiram and Zekrom, rather than the "fused" appearance they have? The formes don't look like they are trying to return to a more powerful, previous forme, they look like they are trying become the other two dragons. If the OD were to exist, we would have gotten it this gen like Arceus was the last Pokemon of gen 4. They wouldn't just throw it in next gen because it is too important to gen 5's story. Still, what I don't get is why everyone is sure the OD legend is true, yet there are still debates on whether or not Arceus created Pokemon and the Pokemon world. Both are equally huge and important legends, so why is the OD's legend more believable than Arceus's?

Remember though, the legend of the brothers specifically says the Original Dragon split into TWO dragons, not 3. Plus, if they were all truly 1 dragon before, wouldn't Kyurem's formes look more evenly distributed with features from Reshiram and Zekrom, rather than the "fused" appearance they have? The formes don't look like they are trying to return to a more powerful, previous forme, they look like they are trying become the other two dragons. If the OD were to exist, we would have gotten it this gen like Arceus was the last Pokemon of gen 4. They wouldn't just throw it in next gen because it is too important to gen 5's story. Still, what I don't get is why everyone is sure the OD legend is true, yet there are still debates on whether or not Arceus created Pokemon and the Pokemon world. Both are equally huge and important legends, so why is the OD's legend more believable than Arceus's?

Arceus is catchable and Mew was the first pokemon. But I agree to a extent

Remember though, the legend of the brothers specifically says the Original Dragon split into TWO dragons, not 3.
Remember that Giratina is nowhere to be mentioned or referenced with myths regarding Arceus and its creation of the Time/Space duo and the Lake Trio, yet finds itself related to the group, with its relation being explained in Platinum?

We know that two dragons split off from the Original Dragon to follow the two brothers. However, we also know that a "meteor" impact resulted in the Giant Chasm. Where did this meteor come from? Why did it contain a dragon that can fuse with Reshiram and Zekrom? It's possible a third dragon was purged but was never mentioned in the story of the twin heroes for two reasons: 1) the third dragon did not pertain to the story of the twin brothers and 2) no one knew of a third split that, upon purging, looked like a meteor.

Plus, if they were all truly 1 dragon before, wouldn't Kyurem's formes look more evenly distributed with features from Reshiram and Zekrom, rather than the "fused" appearance they have? The formes don't look like they are trying to return to a more powerful, previous forme, they look like they are trying become the other two dragons

If the three are fragments of the Original dragon, why would they not look mismatched when the right combination hadn't been put together?

If the OD were to exist, we would have gotten it this gen like Arceus was the last Pokemon of gen 4. They wouldn't just throw it in next gen because it is too important to gen 5's story. Still, what I don't get is why everyone is sure the OD legend is true, yet there are still debates on whether or not Arceus created Pokemon and the Pokemon world. Both are equally huge and important legends, so why is the OD's legend more believable than Arceus's?

Something quite unprecedented happened this generation, and that's the existence of sequels. Let's look at the facts shall we:
1) Past third-version games have already placed trade restrictions on certain Pokémon, namely the Rotom and Giratina Formes (and Notch-Eared Pichu in HgSs)

2) The Original Dragon was heavily referenced in BW

3) Game Freak is painfully aware of our ability to spoil any of their hidden surprises and events (and now, we know where in the data to look for formes as well!)

4) New Pokémon are unable to be traded to games they don't formerly exist in

5) BW were planned as sequels
The first point illustrates that regardless of whether they will or will not incorporate time travel, there will be restrictions in trading. The last four points indicates Game Freak's foresight. Given that these games are planned as sequels, they can do one thing that we would never be able to deduce from the data of BW--introduce a new Pokémon. Of course, simply introducing one that's unrelated makes no sense, but the new Pokémon need not be unrelated, as the Original Dragon had been referenced since BW. With already-existing trade restrictions on the Kyurem formes, the same story can be made about the Original Dragon and its inability to be traded.

Another possibility exists though. The data for whether an alternate form exists with either a designation of 0 (no form) or 1 (alternate forms)--however this does not indicate how many forms will exist. It could be entirely possible that the Original Dragon is Kyurem. If Kyurem is conceptualized as Wuji (can be translated as ultimate nothingness or that which has no Pole) which could reference a state in which Reshiram and Zekrom are not inside its body, but when both combine within it, it combines two polar opposites, becoming Taiji (Supreme Polarity)

Either way, whatever your take on the situation, Game Freak is perfectly capable of placing it in this generation.

tl;dr version: You're saying we would have gotten it this generation if it existed (despite Regigigas coming one generation later...) but this generation is not yet over, and saying we won't get it seems like a premature conclusion.

So, at some point, could Black Kyurem and White Kyurem merge together to form the original dragon? Of course, this would involve the theory that the parallel in-game universes of Black and White could be bridged somehow.

Well if I were to state my theories, well I have several ideas on the possibilities of what it is.

It is very possible that the energy and mind of the original dragon split out of the body, supposedly Kyurem, resulting in it falling to the earth, crashing into the ground, damaging itself and creating a giant chasm, and the life Kyurem shows is the result of a purely instinctual will that remains even without its mind, or something of that sort.

If this were the case maybe Kyurem's not the one trying to re-fuse, being a mindless beast in said theory, maybe Reshiram and Zekrom are each trying to claim the original body for themselves, thus the fusions, of course in all likely hood the fusion is being caused by someone else or Kyurem, but it's a idea.

But then of course there is the idea that Kyurem is in fact NOT part of the original dragon, however Kyurem is clearly related to Reshiram and Zekrom, so perhaps there were originally not one but two great dragons.

Here is this alternate idea, note that I mainly believe that Kyurem is part of the original dragon, but this is just a thought. The idea that there were originally two mighty dragon pokemon, the original dragon who represented balance of yin and yang, and its opposite, Kyurem who represented absence of yin and yang, and had the ability to absorb energy into itself to use(thus how it can obtain its alternate forms).

The two dragons fought a great duel, during a time before the two brothers were fighting, the original dragon managed to defeat Kyurem, sending it hurtling towards the earth, like a meteor, Kyurem crashed into the ground, creating a huge chasm and severely weakening it.

If this theory were true maybe we will see a "Perfect Kyurem" but it may be its body restored as opposed to the original dragon.

However that theory is likely not true and probably just my imagination running wild, as for obtaining the original dragon itself, I would not put it above Nintendo to include a new pokemon that cannot be traded back to the first two versions of black and white, they have done it with forms, how much more of a stretch is it to do it with pokemon? They could say that the trading to black and white is a time machine and that they can't allow you to mess with the timeline by sending the original dragon back, or something like that.

Of course maybe we won't be getting the original dragon and obtaining it may be as much of a pipe dream as say obtaining the ancient Magikarp that as supposedly a lot stronger than the current one.

Sorry for any spelling and grammar errors the spell checker did not pick up in my post.

Last edited:

Look at it this way, and remember what each dragon and forme looks like and what they represent. Reshiram is Yang, Zekrom is Yin, and Kyurem is without either, which is Wuji. Kyurem's formes both still represent Wuji, but with influences of Yin and Yang, which is why the formes resemble Reshiram and Zekrom, yet remain Dragon/Ice type and are still Kyurem. The Original Dragon can't be Kyurem because it is without Wuji, which Kyurem and its formes represent.

Now, the OD is Taiji, which is Yin and Yang together. That calls for it to be Reshiram and Zekrom only. But how would they introduce it? It could be an alternate forme because who would get it? Reshiram or Zekrom? I doubt they'd give the same formes to two separate Pokemon, and it wouldn't make sense to give one a forme but not the other. All that leaves is that it would have to be a totally new Pokemon, but there are issues with that as well.

It was suggested that the OD could just be added and make B2/W2 incompatible with B/W. But, we know of Kyurem's placeholder data as well as Freeze Shock and Ice Burn being in B/W, so I doubt they would do that. Plus, though they are not in Diamond and Pearl, new formes from Platinum and HG/SS could still be used to battle D/P, the older games would just use the original sprite in place of the newer ones, but stat and ability changes remained intact. Also, Genesect has yet to be revealed, evem though B2/W2 come out next month. Why would they hide the OD from B/W, but Genesect and the other event Pokemon were included, despite Genesect still not being official yet? I find hard to believe they were so concerned about hackers finding its data that they would leave it out, seeing as how the hackers would still need to buy the games first.

Regigigas and the Hoenn Regis were not important to the story, so adding it later wasn't a big deal. But since the Taoism theme is so involved with the Dragons and the story and Unova, it wouldn't make sense to just throw it in next Gen in a new region with a new theme. That's why I don't think we will ever see the OD in-game, it just doesn't seem like it will happen.

Of course, wouldn't your proposition of "leaving behind a shell" technically still go in line with the idea that Kyurem is the "corpse" that resulted from the energies being purged?

To address this part first, kind of. This is why I like using the Shedinja example a lot. Shedinja is like the "body that was discarded" but it isn't the same bug as Nincada nor the one that it naturally evolves into, Ninjask. The Tao trio of course don't go through an evolution, but its the closest example.

Like Shedinja, Kyurem is like a reanimated shell, but seems to still be its own thing.

If that was the case then I'd think my idea here that the original dragon actually constitutes Black Kyurem and White Kyurem makes more sense since there was One (Original Dragon) which split into Two (Black and White Kyurem, along with the Black and White dimensions) which gave birth to Three (Reshiram, Zekrom, and Kyurem). This technically allows for the account that all dragons were born at the same time if you count the two dimensions. The time discrepancy described in my theory would be quite short, perhaps milliseconds, as both Reshiram and Zekrom needed to be purged to go with the brothers.

Obviously a working theory that was based on very little information other than in-game confirmation that Black and White are alternate dimensions, but I'm interested to see how much of this lines up.

Indeed that does also fit with the three pure ones origin myth, and I find the alternate timeline theory plausible. Hopefully they might expand on it a bit more in BW2 with the guy that mentions his time machine that connects the past with the future.

Though, in order for Black Kyurem and White Kyurem to reform into the Original Dragon, that means that actual re-fusion will have to take place with Kyurem and the other Dragons. There is an actual simple way of doing that though, by having Reshiram/Zekrom reduced back into the Light/Dark Stones, Kyurem holding those items and transforming would be about the same as a fusion.

That's why I don't think we will ever see the OD in-game, it just doesn't seem like it will happen.

Maybe they actually do want to keep the Original Dragon a big secret, hence why it's sprite was not programmed into BW. People used that exact same argument against Kyurem not receiving a new forme, and it got two of them.

Like with HG/SS Pichu they have introduced new formes or things that were not present before in the data. Same could happen with the Original_D.

Last edited:

@El_;

It's not an alternate time-line, but an alternate dimension. Either way, its not so much a theory that an alternate dimension exists so much as it is explicitly stated in Opelucid City.
Look at it this way, and remember what each dragon and forme looks like and what they represent. Reshiram is Yang, Zekrom is Yin, and Kyurem is without either, which is Wuji. Kyurem's formes both still represent Wuji, but with influences of Yin and Yang, which is why the formes resemble Reshiram and Zekrom, yet remain Dragon/Ice type and are still Kyurem. The Original Dragon can't be Kyurem because it is without Wuji, which Kyurem and its formes represent.

Without wuji? So basically you're saying "Without nothingness"--a double negative there, so the wording is weird. Obviously, that's why the Kyurem forms with Reshiram and Zekrom are still Dragon/Ice, because it is still "without polarity". However, the theory that Kyurem takes both in, essentially giving it supreme polarity would suggest that Kyurem doesn't represent wuji on its own, but its four forms represent Taiji, Yin, Yang, and Wuji.

@El_; alluded to their possible relation earlier. One gave rise to Two, and Two gave rise to Three. The One is Kyurem's original form. The Two it gave rise to are its Black and White form, and the Three is the "Wuji" form of Kyurem, along with Reshiram and Zekrom. There's really no contradiction here other than you simply not taking into consideration the idea of what would happen if Kyurem were to strike a perfect balance between Yin and Yang (rather than just being more heavily influenced by one or the other) by absorbing both entities and does not begin to explain what Kyurem's relation is in all this.

Now, the OD is Taiji, which is Yin and Yang together. That calls for it to be Reshiram and Zekrom only. But how would they introduce it? It could be an alternate forme because who would get it? Reshiram or Zekrom? I doubt they'd give the same formes to two separate Pokemon, and it wouldn't make sense to give one a forme but not the other. All that leaves is that it would have to be a totally new Pokemon, but there are issues with that as well.

And as shown multiple times, Kyurem can be incorporated into this. Being essentially the nothingness left by purging Reshiram and Zekrom, one can argue just as well that this nothingness needs to be filled by the two energies for the Original Dragon to return. And herein lies the problem with your proposition--you don't know how they could introduce it. However, the Kyurem based theories have given an explanation that favours neither Reshiram or Zekrom.

It was suggested that the OD could just be added and make B2/W2 incompatible with B/W.
No it wasn't. No one suggested making B2/W2 incompatible, simply that OD couldn't be traded or be present during communications.

But, we know of Kyurem's placeholder data as well as Freeze Shock and Ice Burn being in B/W, so I doubt they would do that.
All this suggests is provisions for Black Kyurem and White Kyurem in BW. Of course, if the are forms of Kyurem, then there is already provisions for the Original Dragon to exist in battle.

Plus, though they are not in Diamond and Pearl, new formes from Platinum and HG/SS could still be used to battle D/P, the older games would just use the original sprite in place of the newer ones, but stat and ability changes remained intact.

Communication through trading made Giratina, Rotom, and Shaymin change back no matter what when entering the Union Room. Your idea here is basically restricting what they've done in the past. Game Freak has gone through great lengths to allow RBY and GSC to communicate despite the 3 year time gap when they could have simply left it as a game mechanic rather than explaining it in-story. You're telling me, you're unable to conceive the idea that there will be a special mechanic specifically for communicating with BW that would not only prevent trade of the Kyurem forms, but simply force the forms to change back when communicating with BW? We aren't talking about forcing a Pokemon to forget a move for the sake of communication (which, by the way, they already did in GSC), simply automatically changing back--something they've done for the Union room in Platinum. You're honestly going to tell me, you can't see them expanding a mechanic like that if needed?

Also, Genesect has yet to be revealed, evem though B2/W2 come out next month. Why would they hide the OD from B/W, but Genesect and the other event Pokemon were included, despite Genesect still not being official yet? I find hard to believe they were so concerned about hackers finding its data that they would leave it out, seeing as how the hackers would still need to buy the games first.
Because the Original Dragon is preceded by two other forms of Kyurem? The difference between it and Genesect is that no matter when Genesect is given, it would not have hinted toward a sequel nor does it affect any relevant plot. All it does is seem to characterize N and Ghetsis more based on the scientist's dialogue.

If there was data in place for the Original Dragon in BW, they would be unable to make it so that it is related to the two Kyurem forms as being speculated. If the speculation that it is related to the Kyurem forms is true, then there is your answer for why the Original Dragon could not be placed in BW.

Regigigas and the Hoenn Regis were not important to the story, so adding it later wasn't a big deal. But since the Taoism theme is so involved with the Dragons and the story and Unova, it wouldn't make sense to just throw it in next Gen in a new region with a new theme. That's why I don't think we will ever see the OD in-game, it just doesn't seem like it will happen.
Quite a strange flow of logic here. Regigigas and the Regis were not important to the story, so adding it later isn't a big deal. However, the Twin Dragons, Reshiram, and the Original Dragon are heavily referenced in Unova's mythology, which directly influenced the events of Black and White--yet your conclusion is that it will never appear? It has more grounds to exist now than Regigigas ever (or does) have.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom