• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mistaken Evolutions

Caprizant

Getting Into Knives
Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. They/Them
Sorry if there's already a thread on this.

Have you ever seen a recently revealed Pokémon that you assumed was an evolution of another?

I know I wasn't alone in thinking Alomomola was a Luvdisc evolution.
I also thought Drapion was a Gligar evolution when it was first revealed, for whatever reason.

I think we all thought the Alomomola and Luvdisc thing, I feel that If Gen V could have had past pokes before the elite 4 it would have happened.

I was almost positive Bouffalant was a Tarous evo.

I once thought that Tauros was Pinsir's evolution... bear with me, as I was really young, but the reason being that Tauros directly follows Pinsir in the Pokédex, as well as them both having horns.

I thought that Zoroark evolved from Zorua... they look and act way too similar to not be related at all.

I saw this fan prediction drawn before Zoroark was revealed (he was just a silhouette). I don't remember if I saw this before or after I knew what Zoroark looked like... but this was incredibly believable. It matches the silhouette, not to mention that Lucario was quite popular so it would make sense. (I actually like his design more than the real one)

And I thought that Raichu evolved into something, due to the trader in Cinnabar lab saying, "That Raichu you traded me went and evolved!"

Wait, how come nobody has mentioned the misconception that Heracross was the evolved form of Pinsir yet?

i used to think that Hitmonlee evolved into Hitmonchan xP (this was before their lines were officially linked with a common pre-evo though)
As well as assume that Carvanha evolved into Sharpedo, who then evolved into Garchomp :c

On the other end of the spectrum, i about flipped a gasket when i found out that Trapinch evolved into Vibrava, or that Surskit evolved into Masquerain!

I haven't mistaken the evolutionary line itself, but I once thought Pikachu could evolve into Raichu by leveling up to 20 or 25, and that the thunderstone is just used to speed up things.

I haven't mistaken the evolutionary line itself, but I once thought Pikachu could evolve into Raichu by leveling up to 20 or 25, and that the thunderstone is just used to speed up things.

I once thought something similar to the opposite... I thought elemental stones could evolve any Pokemon of the same type as the stone early.

I thought that Arbok evolved into Seviper waay before 4kids made the same mistake. I also thought that Eevee evolved into Espeon and Umbreon via the Sun and Moon stones.

Oh, and it took me forever to realise that Bellossom was even related to Gloom, probably had something to do with them looking nothing like one another.

It took me awhile to figure out that Alomomola wasn't an evolution of Luvdisc.

I also thought that Arbok evolved into Seviper, and I thought Gyarados evolved into Milotic for awhile :p I was 9 though.

Luvdisc and Alomomola are the only ones I really thought of recently. :< Why you do this, GF, why.

Hitmonlee --> Hitmontop
Hitmonchan --> Tyrogue (thought Tyrogue was bigger)

I somehow managed to work out Remoraid --> Octillery even though I had never caught one.

I remember I was really confused about if Farfetch'd and Doduo was related by evo or not. I mean, they were beside eachother in the dex, had similar colors, were both birds but yet.. looked so different haha. I also thought Dunsparce evolved into Gligar, and that Latios/Latias was somehow related to Lugia.

I also remember I had a hard time believing Politoed was an alternate evolution of Poliwhirl.

When I was young, I thought Farfetch'd evolved into Doduo and then into Dodrio. I think this was because they were next to each other in the pokedex and because I collected the stickers/sticker album, and in that pokemon who evolve into each other had "joined" stickers (I can't think of another way to describe it) and Farfetch'd's sticker was joined to Doduo's... Silly people who made it misleading me.

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom