• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

I can't see Ash getting an Eevee. All its major forms are either too old and outdated (Ash getting a Vaporeon....please), or owned by other main characters.

I'd say a small possibility of him getting Espeon could happen, but even then is unlikely.

Or there is always the possibility that all of those pokemon are featured in the promotions because they are already confirmed to be in the B2W2 games and that nobody will catch them. Really, who expects a main character to catch and own a Pelipper? As far as I am concerned, everything in that picture other than Pikachu, Oshawott, Piplup, Axew, Emolga, and Pansage don't belong to any main characters.

I still find that Dragonite to be very suspicious, however. Up until this point, we had no confirmation that the Dratini line would be in the B2W2 games. Now a Dragonite is featured right next to Iris, which could suggest something.

It doesn't look like Axew will be evolving anytime soon, but that's not really a big surprise. I really hope the Dragonite doesn't belong to Iris; as cool as it would be to have such a powerful Pokemon on the main cast, there's no way I can believe Iris could've trained a Dratini up so quickly, it could only be a gift from someone, (Maybe Drayden) like Dawn's Togekiss was.

Hopefully, Oshawott will evolve someday. I want Ash to have a full set of fully-evolved starters.

Or there is always the possibility that all of those pokemon are featured in the promotions because they are already confirmed to be in the B2W2 games and that nobody will catch them. Really, who expects a main character to catch and own a Pelipper? As far as I am concerned, everything in that picture other than Pikachu, Oshawott, Piplup, Axew, Emolga, and Pansage don't belong to any main characters.

I still find that Dragonite to be very suspicious, however. Up until this point, we had no confirmation that the Dratini line would be in the B2W2 games. Now a Dragonite is featured right next to Iris, which could suggest something.

Glaceon's next to Cynthia and the Fully evolved Unova starters are next to dent doesn't mean anything watch the third opening pause it at the end.

Captures, evolutions and releases.

What captures, evolutions and releases do you think we will see in the second season? Are the Pokémon on the Corocoro scan any indicator or are they there just for advertising concerns?

Re: Captures, evolutions and releases.

Most likely the Pokemon on Corocoro are just for advertisement and marketing and none will be caught at all or will even appear, people keep saying that Ash will catch the Riolu on the poster.

Ash is most unlikely to catch a Riolu at all, since he did not catch one in DP, any Pokemon Ash catches in BW2 will most likely be a Gen 5 Pokemon, Gligar was only caught in DP as an excuse to get Gliscor, which was a Gen 4 Pokemon. If any Pokemon Ash will catch that's CLOSE to Riolu, it will most likely be the closest equivalent there is to Riolu in Gen 5, and that is Mienfoo.

But notice that both Riolu AND it's evolution Lucario are on the poster, so even IF any of the Pokemon shown on the poster appear (other than Dawn's annoying as hell Piplup or any that the cast already owns), Riolu is a likely one to appear, though the chance of Ash in particular catching one is 5/100.

I think most of the Pokémon there are probably random and only emphasize the fact older Pokémon are back
But if I were to try and think what each of them could be then...
Dragonite - hopefully Lance's, if not then maybe Cynthia's
Combee - I... guess it could be Dawn's? 0__o seems very random though...
Lucario - maybe Cynthia's
Glaceon - I want to say May but I don't know... it seems like it's matching Cynthia's outfit so maybe it belongs to her too?
Eevee and Riolu - now that's more random and suspicious... especially when we know you can actually catch them as wild Pokémon early in the BW2 games... it may seem crazy, but I think there's at least a little chance of the main cast getting these two... maybe given by Cynthia if their evolutions really belong to her? either as an egg or just as they are... in such a case Riolu would obviously be given to Ash (which would make me happy since I wanted him to get one in DP, though on the other hand will also annoy me since I don't want him to continue get 324523523 Poké only to neglect them all) and Eevee is harder to predict... if Ash were to get Riolu I can't see him getting the Eevee too, so I guess it'd go to either Iris or Cilan... or to Dawn? actually, the Riolu could be Dawn's too... it is a gen 4 Poké, the gen Dawn's character is associated with, and Dawn's game self does recieve it during the DPt games...
I guess anything could happen... I still think it's most likely that most of these are randoms, but if not then this is my speculation for them

I think most of the Pokémon there are probably random and only emphasize the fact older Pokémon are back
But if I were to try and think what each of them could be then...
Dragonite - hopefully Lance's, if not then maybe Cynthia's
Combee - I... guess it could be Dawn's? 0__o seems very random though...
Lucario - maybe Cynthia's
Glaceon - I want to say May but I don't know... it seems like it's matching Cynthia's outfit so maybe it belongs to her too?
Eevee and Riolu - now that's more random and suspicious... especially when we know you can actually catch them as wild Pokémon early in the BW2 games... it may seem crazy, but I think there's at least a little chance of the main cast getting these two... maybe given by Cynthia if their evolutions really belong to her? either as an egg or just as they are... in such a case Riolu would obviously be given to Ash (which would make me happy since I wanted him to get one in DP, though on the other hand will also annoy me since I don't want him to continue get 324523523 Poké only to neglect them all) and Eevee is harder to predict... if Ash were to get Riolu I can't see him getting the Eevee too, so I guess it'd go to either Iris or Cilan... or to Dawn? actually, the Riolu could be Dawn's too... it is a gen 4 Poké, the gen Dawn's character is associated with, and Dawn's game self does recieve it during the DPt games...
I guess anything could happen... I still think it's most likely that most of these are randoms, but if not then this is my speculation for them

Well, Riolu and Eevee are further up in the front than the other Pokemon (that are not already owned by the protagonists or are legendaries), so they are highly likely to appear at some point, whether one or the other (or both) will be owned by one of the protagonists is unknown at this point though.

I agree with you on the neglected Pokemon part, just look at how many Pokemon Ash has caught, then sent to Professor Oaks ranch, never to be seen again while the only Pokemon that stays consistent is Pikachu, and even if he calls upon any of his older Pokemon that aren't on his current team, it's usually Charizard, Bulbasaur, Squirtle, and occasionally Snorlax, and the rest stay at Oaks, longing for a trainer to use them once more.

To be fair, Riolu fits Ash better than it fits Dawn or any of the other protagonists, so Ash possibly owning Riolu could make sense, as for Eevee, it's not uncommon for a current companion to own a Pokemon that Ash or a previous companion has used in their party, just look at May's Bulbasaur and Squirtle, and Dawn's Cyndaquil, Ash has owned all three of those Pokemon before, so Iris owning an Eevee would make sense, besides, Iris and Cilan desperately need a new Pokemon, since Ash has gotten 70% of the captures in BW.

I personally don't think Iris is going to get a non-dragon now that pre-Isshu Pokémon are up for grabs. It sorta made some sense that she didn't have two thirds of all the Dragon lines previously but now that's out of the window. Dratini in my opinion would make sense, and if they don't want to evolve Kibago, a Dragonair would be something to show progress.

I don't think she'll get an Eevee unless it has a Dragon type evo next gen that they could advertise later on. I think Dent has the best chance of getting one if one is too be captured. I think Vaporeon would suit him nicely.

I wonder if Iris will get Dragonite? She is trying to be a dragon master, so...

I don't think she'll get Dragonite; it seems a bit weird to me to have a very powerful Pokémon like that when Doryuzu is still around unless they want to do a feud with that. If she gets something, I do think it will be something that will evolve. Currently there's Emonga and Doryuzu who can't evolve, and Kibago is probably going to stay in its current form for marketing purposes. I'd find it bizarre if we never saw one of her Pokémon evolve in the present.

Dragonair then? Maybe it could be a strong Dragonite that evolves for Iris early on? I dunno.

They wouldn't put them there for no reason.

The third season opening ended in a group shot with Pokemon that were never caught including:

Sloking, Elekid, Bellosom, Growlithe, Hoohoot and more

The did again in the fourth theme song

which in a smaller group shot had 8 pokes that were not caught or owned by main characters 9 is your count the weezing floating above

Two theme songs back to back not to mention the trolling that is spurt so my point is: I do beleive they would.

Also what ever strange event caused old pokemon to appear in Unova did not happen in the anime to our knowledge so call me a party pooper all you want but I do not consider any of these up for grabs at least not for a while.

I love the look of that Dragonite as more than just some jolly thing, so that going to Iris would be phenomenal.

They wouldn't put them there for no reason.

The third season opening ended in a group shot with Pokemon that were never caught including:

Sloking, Elekid, Bellosom, Growlithe, Hoohoot and more

The did again in the fourth theme song

which in a smaller group shot had 8 pokes that were not caught or owned by main characters 9 is your count the weezing floating above

Two theme songs back to back not to mention the trolling that is spurt so my point is: I do beleive they would.

Also what ever strange event caused old pokemon to appear in Unova did not happen in the anime to our knowledge so call me a party pooper all you want but I do not consider any of these up for grabs at least not for a while.
Plus last time we had a little teaser picture for Best Wishes when it was about to start there were loads of Unova Pokemon that meant nothing to any main characters.

Possible Owners if they are captured:
Dragonite: Cynthia/Lance/Iris (maybe she's given a powerful Dragonair?)
Combee: Dawn's? Maybe Cilan?
Lucario: Cynthia
Glaceon: May's!/Cynthia's (if it is, it better have an egg which *look below*)
Eevee: Cilan/Dawn (Glaceon's egg given to one of them)
Riolu - Ash (Lucario's egg given to him)
Pelliper/Wingull/Altaria - random

I swear, if Ash gets Riolu...
It would be cool, yes, but he already has TWO fighting types and three would really be overdoing it.

Back
Top Bottom