• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Character Discussion Thread

Re: Black & White 2 Character Discussion Thread

He seems obsessed with strength for reasons that concerns his younger sister. I think he would love to show her that he can defeat teacher Cheren.

Yeah, but looking down on Cheren after beating him?
What a douchebag.

At the very least, the new rival seems to have a better motive for strength than Cheren did (which seemed like he was only trying to be the Champion just so he could say he's the best). I think the rival, while having a noble motive, would have a misguided view on what strength is, and therefore not respect Cheren at first.

I'm really excited to see Iris' new design. I loved Bianca's and Cheren's was awesome too.

I'm hoping Iris may get bumped up to Elite Four Member, I think it'd be cool to see her in a position like that. Drayden could look after the gym while Iris is the champion :-D

Iris as the champion would make the world explode.
There is a lot of hate regarding this character.

But you know what? I would so love to see her as a champion or at least as a Elite Four.

Really? I didn't know there was so much hate towards her haha. I think she'd make an interesting Elite four member.

As for champion something inside me tells me maybe it could be Akuroma. Only because we see him in the world tournament and he researches Pokémon strength, so it'd make sense if all his Pokémon were strong. Also he seems to be heavily involved with the plot and a lot of people have been saying they want the Elite four/Champion to get more involved before we battle them.

I agree, as it only makes them much more fun to battle when we know a bit about them and their character.

I am bit off of discussions regarding characters, but when Black and White was released back in 2010, I remember facing many bad comments about her.
Maybe this changed, I dunno.

Akuroma as the new champion would be nice too! He has a interesting character design and well, I am not a big fan of Alder, I think he was a big let down compared with Cynthia and Steven Stone. And I have a crazy theory: Since Cheren is now the Normal Type Gym Leader, maybe Lenora is the new champion! Something like Wallace/Juan case in Hoenn.

I'm guessing Hilda and Hilbert will be the champions depending on the gender of your character (or depending on the version you're playing). Or at the very least, I'd like to see them appear post-game, like Red in GSC/HGSS.

I am bit off of discussions regarding characters, but when Black and White was released back in 2010, I remember facing many bad comments about her.
Maybe this changed, I dunno.

Akuroma as the new champion would be nice too! He has a interesting character design and well, I am not a big fan of Alder, I think he was a big let down compared with Cynthia and Steven Stone. And I have a crazy theory: Since Cheren is now the Normal Type Gym Leader, maybe Lenora is the new champion! Something like Wallace/Juan case in Hoenn.

Oh I see, I wasn't really active on any forums at that time haha. I'm shocked though I think Iris is a pretty cool character.

I don't think Alder was as bad as what everybody thinks, but I do agree he could have been better. He seems to make some kind of a return in BW2, so maybe he can redeem himself here. He seems like the type that will guide and help the character throughout the game.

Ah, I've heard a theory about Lenora being an elite 4 member, but not Champion! That is crazy, but interesting nonetheless. Although I myself believe that she may just be running her museum full-time, or maybe she is in another region, like Kanto doing research on other prehistoric Pokémon. That way if she makes her way back to the Unova region, we may get a mention of Brock before he see him at the World Tournament.

I'm guessing Hilda and Hilbert will be the champions depending on the gender of your character (or depending on the version you're playing). Or at the very least, I'd like to see them appear post-game, like Red in GSC/HGSS.

Ah, I'm not sure I'd like that too much. Maybe if it happened I'd change my mind, but I'm worried about how they will handle their team exactly. But I would really like to see what both Hilda and Hilbert look like now, also their reaction to the new Heroes of Unova haha. I also like a champion that speaks, and we know Hilda and Hilbert as silent characters, so it'd seem odd.

Hilda/Hilbert should be the Champion IMO. That would be a good position and treatment for the hero of Unova.

On the Iris topic, its her anime self that isn't well received, not the game counterpart. I see no reason whatsoever to dislike ingame Iris, who actually seems pretty fun. I think that if they were going to bump up any Gym Leader to E4 or Champion status then it should be Drayden, however due to the very likely version difference of Opulucid City, both Iris/Drayden need to stay right where they are as version exclusive Gym Leaders.

Hilda/Hilbert should be the Champion IMO. That would be a good position and treatment for the hero of Unova.

On the Iris topic, its her anime self that isn't well received, not the game counterpart. I see no reason whatsoever to dislike ingame Iris, who actually seems pretty fun. I think that if they were going to bump up any Gym Leader to E4 or Champion status then it should be Drayden, however due to the very likely version difference of Opulucid City, both Iris/Drayden need to stay right where they are as version exclusive Gym Leaders.

Saying that, the Heroes of Sinnoh aren't the champions, Cynthia is. I don't think Hilbert/Hilda would want to be champions, they seem more like the type to travel and have adventures. But that is just my opinion anyway.

And oh the anime counterpart would make sense, but still she's not all that bad then. I see what you mean, perhaps we could have Drayden battleable in White 2 and Iris in Black 2, so that they are reversed, that way everyone will get to battle both of them. Whatever happens to Iris, I'm super excited to see her new design!

I think we could have Iris as an Elite 4 Member. I don't think it will happen, but wishful thinking. It could happen, because they could do something similar to RS / E, and have her and Drayden as alternating members, which would be awesome. And with Champion, I have no idea, but an idea (contradicting myself here) is that it could be Marshal, as he was Alder's apprentice. I think it's possible that we could get Hilda/bert, as this is a direct sequel, so many things could change.

I second the idea that Hilbert/Hilda should be the champion of Unova in B2/W2. Although now I'm not so sure that they're actually featured in this month's Coro Coro. Maybe they don't want to spoil this bit of information just yet, if it turns out to be true.

At the very least, the new rival seems to have a better motive for strength than Cheren did (which seemed like he was only trying to be the Champion just so he could say he's the best). I think the rival, while having a noble motive, would have a misguided view on what strength is, and therefore not respect Cheren at first.
I think the rival is like, "has a heart and noble ideas, but a douche". So most likely he wouldn't repsect Cheren precisely because he thinks that having a noble motive allows him to be an ass.
Basically somewhere between Blue who was just a playful sort of douche, and Silver who was bitter and angry with the world.

In that regard, I guess he is the opposite of Cheren. Cheren had an stupid motivation, but was generally nice to others.

White/Black being the Champion is the best idea, but I think is very unlikely due to she/he being a silent protagonist.

My best guesses:

1 - One of the previous Elite Fours
2 - One of the previous Gym Leaders
3 - Alder again
4 - White/Black
5 - Myself lol

however due to the very likely version difference of Opulucid City, both Iris/Drayden need to stay right where they are as version exclusive Gym Leaders.

They can be version exclusive Elite Fours.

it could be Marshal, as he was Alder's apprentice. I think it's possible that we could get Hilda/bert, as this is a direct sequel, so many things could change.
I like this. Marshal as champion would be good, better than a silent protagonist as Champion.

Marshal is like a evolved version of Cheren's past self.
He seeks for more and more power, a champion with this kind of attitude would be interesting.

White/Black being the Champion is the best idea, but I think is very unlikely due to she/he being a silent protagonist.

I don't think they would have too much trouble giving them a canon personality for B2/W2.

I don't think they would have too much trouble giving them a canon personality for B2/W2.

I agree, if they want, they can easily do it.

But on other hand, they could have given a personality for Red too and they didn't.

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom