• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Hikari/Dawn to appear; participating in World Tournament

Re: Hikari/Dawn to appear; in what capacity unknown

I'm not excited one bit for Dawn's return. I would have preferred May or Misty returning. Still, I'm not going to be a jerk and whine about her return ruining other's fun. We haven't had a contest episode for over 2 years now so I wouldn't mind. I hope that she gets treated well. The worst that could happen is another Piplup-only episode.

Dawn returning is only fair because Misty and May got return cameos in the sagas after they left.

Most likely this will be Dawn's final appearance in the show after she leaves again.

Speaking of the updated BW Season 2 page. If we see Dawn with a characters bio that pretty much confirms she will stay to be a recurring character. Depending how high she is on the list, probably after Cilan because she is being reintroduced, then she would be considered a regular cast member.

I hope she only stays for 5 episodes to be honest. The writers aren't bringing the Contests back so she'll have nothing to do here but wind up as another sidekick character.

3 sidekick characters?? I agree with Scott, here. 5 eppys and thats it, everything else is SS

To be honest Dawn sticking around to be dead weight doesn't sit well with me either. If she's just there to be demoted to Iris/Cilan's level and just tags around for some time I'd fine that entirely uninteresting.

Let her come back and semi-star in a mini-arc of some kind and move on. The Contests aren't coming back, there would be no reason to expect a coordinator to be in a series with no Contests.

All of Hikari's Pokémon are there except from Eteboth.

Pachirisu kicks Mijumaru's hotachi away.

Pochama and Mijumaru seem to have a feud.

Pochama flirts with Meloetta with a smug expression; looks like an attempt to anger Mijumaru as opposed to an actual affection for it.

Source:

[video=youtube_share;5QCiwYUgTuE]http://youtu.be/5QCiwYUgTuE[/video]

Last edited:

Miju and Pip have a little rivalry! How cute is that! Seems like some action filled eps! Can't wait! :D

eEhxd.gif
RDNZ6.gif
ens1W.gif
fNp9j.gif

I broke my sofa from all the spazzing ;_;

Well Hikari having a bio on the characters page signals to me that she'll be reoccurring. She wasn't in the ED so she won't be a main character (to no one's surprise).

As for what we saw.... eee I'm so excited! :-D Potchama is as awesome as ever, it has the rivalry with Mijumaru I was hoping for, Mimirol is still crushing on Pikachu, and Hikari brought her whole team to Isshu it seems! Also, did anyone else think it looked like Hikari was waving goodbye at her house? Maybe we'll find out how she did in Houenn?

Yay! Mimirol is still a Mimirol and still has the same running gag going for it. LOVING IT! *cough*

The Mijumaru/Pochama scenes are pretty cool and promise great comedic interaction. I am acutally looking forward to Hikari's guest appearance? What's wrong with me? :p

Translation of her character bio from the official website:

She's a Pokemon Coordinator who loves being stylish. She's come to East Isshu to improve her skills so she can be a Top Coordinator. She has a positive disposition as evident by her catchphrase "Daijoubu!" ("It'll be alright!").

Fun. Dawn has Quilava.

Dub plot hole incoming!
58786147.jpg

Eh, the world didn't implode when May showed up in Sinnoh with Wartortle and Venusaur even though they never got evolution specials. It'll probably need to be mentioned anyway seeing as Ash probably hasn't seen the Dawn and Brock specials, either.

Of course, it'd still be nice to see them dubbed at some point.

Piplup's "Me Gusta" face with Meloetta.

That.Face.Made.The.Trailer.

Is that the new opening song in the preview? It definitely sounds like Rica Matsumoto singing.

Looks like Mijumaru gains a crush on Hikari's Mimirol (poor guy). Haha, I'm loving this already.

Last edited:

You know, I don't even like Dawn that much and I was really excited to see her in the preview XD Just seeing her animated again made me happy for some reason. Heck, I'll even look forward to Piplup. I'm sure I'll appreciate him after like a 2 year break, right? XD

Fucking Togekiss can gtfo tho, go sell your body to kfc already gawd.

@ Piplup being an asshole to Oshawott. Yes plz.

She's come to East Isshu to improve her skills so she can be a Top Coordinator.

Well, we know she didn't win the Houen Grand Festival. Though that was to be expected.

I forgot to mention that Charbuu and Manmoo are seen battling. Is it just for practice? Who will win?

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom