• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gen 5)

Does the score from a DW minigame have any effect on how much points you get for it?

Does the score from a DW minigame have any effect on how much points you get for it?

So long as you win the game, you get the same amount of pts. for it, no matter the game. The score you get determines what percentage you have at a chance for the Pokemon to know a DW Exclusive move or not.

That's interesting, thanks for clearing it up. There's another thing that's been bugging me. I started a new save recently, and I got a Snivy, Speed boosting nature, Alert to sounds. I wanted to check it's IV's, but Serebii keeps telling me it "doesn't compute", and Psypokes gives me a different range every level. I wouldn't be concered by that, but I'm not even sure if some of the stuff it tells me is possible - correct me if I'm wrong, I don't think you can have IV 23 with this characteristic? I'm sure I haven't got the EV's wrong, I've been writing them down. I'm just wondering if that's a normal thing or if there's anything wrong with my pokemon/the iv calculators?

That's interesting, thanks for clearing it up. There's another thing that's been bugging me. I started a new save recently, and I got a Snivy, Speed boosting nature, Alert to sounds. I wanted to check it's IV's, but Serebii keeps telling me it "doesn't compute", and Psypokes gives me a different range every level. I wouldn't be concered by that, but I'm not even sure if some of the stuff it tells me is possible - correct me if I'm wrong, I don't think you can have IV 23 with this characteristic? I'm sure I haven't got the EV's wrong, I've been writing them down. I'm just wondering if that's a normal thing or if there's anything wrong with my pokemon/the iv calculators?

Or, if you have a wifi connection, you could upload it to pokecheck to see it's IVs/etc.

This may be the wrong place to ask this...but is there any solid proof that Gen V will be the final generation of Pokemon? I've Google searched, and looked on Bulbapedia and Serebii, but I can't find anything. The closest I came to any indication of the sort was an article from the Official Nintendo Magazine's UK site stating that Pokemon Black and White would be the last games of this generation of handhelds. That has obviously turned out to be false, as Pokemon Black 2 and White 2 have been announced.

But has anyone said that these are the last Pokemon games? I also read somewhere that they're adding 2 final Pokemon to the Pokedex, making the grand total 651 before ending the series. Is this true, or just a rumor?

This may be the wrong place to ask this...but is there any solid proof that Gen V will be the final generation of Pokemon? I've Google searched, and looked on Bulbapedia and Serebii, but I can't find anything. The closest I came to any indication of the sort was an article from the Official Nintendo Magazine's UK site stating that Pokemon Black and White would be the last games of this generation of handhelds. That has obviously turned out to be false, as Pokemon Black 2 and White 2 have been announced.

But has anyone said that these are the last Pokemon games? I also read somewhere that they're adding 2 final Pokemon to the Pokedex, making the grand total 651 before ending the series. Is this true, or just a rumor?

just a rumor, and i highly highly HIGHLY doubt it's true. Pokemon prints money for nintendo/game freak, and i wouldn't be so sure they'd want that money train to stop anytime soon.

I think a few review sites suggested that B/W would have been the last "big" game for the DS. Remember that the 3DS just launched, and there where NO known first party DS games to be released. As far as they could see the end was in sight.

As for "adding" Pokémon unlikey.. but possible. You won't be able to trade them "back" if at all. At the moment, it's a rumour based on mistranslations or assumptions.

That's what I figured. Thanks to both of you for replying.

Gen 1 Pokemon Mechanics

Hi guys,

I'm using the first generation of pokemon games as an example for an algorithm I made for my thesis. Part of the algorithm is to find everything that could possibly happen within a round of the game. I'm using gen 1 since it would be the simplest.

For example, if I have a pokemon that is paralyzed two possibilities can come from that: I can't attack for the turn, or I can attack that turn.
If I'm confused and paralyzed that's three things:

Nothing bad happens
I'm hurt myself in confusion
I can't attack due to paralysis

On top of predicting what could happen, I also need to be able to find the probabilities of each outcome happening.

I can find the probabilities for each affect (move accuracy, chance to be confused), but I'm having a tough time understanding each step that the game goes through. Does it check for confusion before paralysis? Does it check for both? If it does check for both, what's a higher priority for the game, being hurt by confusion or being unable to move? These are the questions I'm having a tough time answering. Also, this is for the full turn, so that can include differing outcomes caused by the opposing pokemon.

I'm hoping to have a simple list looking something like this:

Compare speed
Check for confusion on faster pokemon
Check for paralysis on faster pokemon
Check for move accuracy on faster pokemon
Check for flinching on slower pokemon

Any ideas?

If you knock out an event 'mon such as Victini or Shaymin, will it respawn after you beat the Elite Four like normal legendaries? (since Platinum, anyway)

Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-4)

Is there any truth to the supposed "B + up button" trick when catching Pokemon? Veekun's Pokeball performance page seems to think so...

As far as I know it shouldn't be a problem, I think people MM with EV items all the time.

Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-4)

Is there any truth to the supposed "B + up button" trick when catching Pokemon? Veekun's Pokeball performance page seems to think so...

I always thought Veekun included that option as a little joke.

Whenever I start my Pokemon White version, I get this message:

The save data could not be accessed. Please turn the power off and reinsert the Game Card.

Is it completely toast or is there hope?

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom