• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokeshipping General Discussion

ahem..What I can only say is that.. Pokeshipping is still alive at some points. I believe any shipping would remain strong and alive as long as its shippers were there to support its shipping. Pokeshipping, like some shippings, is not dead..

hmm..Another topic question perhaps..Do you think May, Dawn and Iris would like the fact Ash and Misty are a couple?

hmm..Another topic question perhaps..Do you think May, Dawn and Iris would like the fact Ash and Misty are a couple?

May would be very happy for them. Dawn would finally get why Ash wouldn't let her use Misty's lure (and I think she would then like the idea of the two together) and Iris would be happy, but not really care all that much (considering she doesn't know Misty).

Thank you for answering the question. I do imagine them teasing both Ash and Misty or asking if they are a couple or somethingXD

May would be very happy for them. Dawn would finally get why Ash wouldn't let her use Misty's lure (and I think she would then like the idea of the two together) and Iris would be happy, but not really care all that much (considering she doesn't know Misty).

Yeah youre right! May would be happy for them plus i think May probably already figured it out by now. Not only would Hikari finally understand the lure thing but would also probably be honored to finally meet the girl who claims Ash's heart :)
I think Iris would interesting. Because I think Ash would still be a little dense after he and Misty got together so Iris would tease him and say "kodomo ne" like she always does when he would say something stupid or would miss it when Misty would say something romantic. But she of course would still be happy for them :)

Some shippers (ohgod thanks, not all of them) think that quantity = evidence their pairing must be the best. I don't really understand that lol, for me more fans means "yay, more people to talk about stuff I like" instead of "yay, my shipping is better than yours"... So if you think Pokeshipping is alive and people tell you OMGITSNOT, let the haters be happy in their own world haha - up to these days with so many anti-shippers around there's no need to lose your time arguing with them xD (IMO this is relevant to all shipping fandom. Not all fans are nice but that doesn't mean you need to lower your level if people are stupid with something you like...)

I don't think poke, advance, pearl neither contestshipping are dead - it's kinda funny to think that Bulbagarden/Serebii are the exclusive way to measure how much [yadayada]shipping fandom is alive or not lol. For example, HoennChampionShipping (May x Steven) still extremely popular in fanartist circles - have you guys ever seem it being discussed for pages and pages in any popular pokemon forum? /vp/'s shipping threads barely like/mention the most popular pairings cited here in this forum... Contestshipping is my pokemon OTP and I can't complain about the CS fandom activity (it's high and fun :3 ) - yet guess what, we have just 24 pages of discussion here in Bulbagarden lol (including people coming to the thread to say "why bother, [lalala]shipping has more hints than CS", how lovely xD).

Tl;dr: not dead until no one talks about it anymore. Yeah, pokeshipping = not dead for sure.

Do you think May, Dawn and Iris would like the fact Ash and Misty are a couple?
For some reason I think Dawn would be the one to explode in cuteness the most from the mentioned trio (can't you clearly imagine her going "OMG I SHIP IT!"? xD)... I can see Iris teasing Ash a lot and May doing a "teheee" face to the new couple. I hardly think they would oppose to see Ash and Misty together, they are their friends after all. I mean, Dawn/Misty/Iris haven't seen each other yet but I think they would get along pretty well... ;)

BTW, here's a few cute recent fanart of zombie Pokeshipping (if it's dead and moving, must be a zombie then :p)
Rainbow After the Rain by ~hannahgrace0802
rainbow_after_the_rain_by_hannahgrace0802-d4yhdw6.png

Piece of chatlog art by (former Luca Kurosaki)
qYcoS.jpg

かわいいひと (lit. "cute person) by 天野悠摩
TA9DO.jpg

Do you think May, Dawn and Iris would like the fact Ash and Misty are a couple?
For some reason I think Dawn would be the one to explode in cuteness the most from the mentioned trio (can't you clearly imagine her going "OMG I SHIP IT!"? xD)... I can see Iris teasing Ash a lot and May doing a "teheee" face to the new couple. I hardly think they would oppose to see Ash and Misty together, they are their friends after all. I mean, Dawn/Misty/Iris haven't seen each other yet but I think they would get along pretty well... ;)

BTW, here's a few cute recent fanart of zombie Pokeshipping (if it's dead and moving, must be a zombie then :p)
Rainbow After the Rain by ~hannahgrace0802
rainbow_after_the_rain_by_hannahgrace0802-d4yhdw6.png

Piece of chatlog art by (former Luca Kurosaki)
qYcoS.jpg

かわいいひと (lit. "cute person) by 天野悠摩
TA9DO.jpg

Aw, the fanarts are so adorable!I love the second most!

Pokeshipping is very much still alive as far as I'm concerned. Although I believe the shipping wars have gone down since then. For many of the fans it was the first pokemon ship they ever had. No one can forget their first ship. I love the fan arts, so gorgeous.

Cute fanarts! Those were so adorable! It's nice to see the lure back in the show, even if it means that it's not Misty's cameo,..like what happened in DP, but I knew it would be far to happened. The teppo art is good too, it's nice to see it's colored.

Wait, do you mean that the lure has been put back in the show, or do you mean "it WOULD be nice to see the lure back in the show"?

Maybe I've misinterpret it..XD I meant that, it would be nice to see the lure again, or at least we saw the Misty lure with Ash in Unova..Although, there haven't any sign of the lure yet..

Hey guys, I have a quick question: How is "The Stun Spore Detour" a hint for PokéShipping? I never really noticed anything shippy in it. Somebody help? :3 Thanks!

Hey guys, I have a quick question: How is "The Stun Spore Detour" a hint for PokéShipping? I never really noticed anything shippy in it. Somebody help? :3 Thanks!

The Stun Spore Detour is only a PokéShipping episode if you take the fact that Misty seems to pay more attention to (and therefore is more worried about) Ash as a hint. I personally don't because it's not really unique. Every main girl has done the same thing at one point.

Oh, okay, thanks. And yeah, that doesn't really seem much like a hint. But Misty has cared more over Ash in so many other cases, so that episode is really proof of a hint, you know what I mean? (I'm not sure if I'm making sense, so tell me if you don't get it :p)

Oh, okay, thanks. And yeah, that doesn't really seem much like a hint. But Misty has cared more over Ash in so many other cases, so that episode is really proof of a hint, you know what I mean? (I'm not sure if I'm making sense, so tell me if you don't get it :p)

When you take every instance of Misty worrying more over Ash than others, yes, it does seem to suggest that she cares about him more, but again, May, Dawn and even Iris have shown instances where they've worried about Ash more than others in the group have, so I still don't see it as unique.

Hmm.. good point. But we still have enough hints between those two xD By the way, I wanted to ask you, why do you think PokéShipping will happen, even when Takeshi Shudo (ex- scriptwriter for Pokémon) said that there was nothing going on between the two?

Hmm.. good point. But we still have enough hints between those two xD By the way, I wanted to ask you, why do you think PokéShipping will happen, even when Takeshi Shudo (ex- scriptwriter for Pokémon) said that there was nothing going on between the two?

Well, first of all, I don't say that PS will happen, I just think it's most likely to happen. Second, I don't take what Takeshi Shudo said as having any value with regard to Pokeshipping since he wrote a lot of the episodes that have the most obvious Pokeshipping hints. I think PS has a good chance of happening because of the amount of evidence, Ash and Misty's history together and their chemistry.

But that's the thing, he wrote a lot of the episodes with PokéShipping hints and he still said that there was nothing going on between the two.

I remember watching the OI and the Johto episodes. I think the stun spore detour shows Misty concerns to her friends specially with Ash.

Ash-Misty.jpg

Back
Top Bottom