• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Character Discussion Thread

Re: NEW Old Gym Leader Designs?

As we could witness thanks to the B2W2 promotional anime trailer, we are aware that Elesa has got a completely new design even with a hair color change. Since we may get see other of the old BW gym leaders as well, do you expect them to get new designs?

Is there anyone in particular you would like to see with a new design?

Personally, I'd love to see how Iris looks like now.

Remember though, Elesa is a model, so she'll be constantly changing her looks. I won't be surprised at slight redesigns of the other leaders, but totally new designs would surprise me.

Re: NEW Old Gym Leader Designs?

As we could witness thanks to the B2W2 promotional anime trailer, we are aware that Elesa has got a completely new design even with a hair color change. Since we may get see other of the old BW gym leaders as well, do you expect them to get new designs?

Is there anyone in particular you would like to see with a new design?

Personally, I'd love to see how Iris looks like now.

Remember though, Elesa is a model, so she'll be constantly changing her looks. I won't be surprised at slight redesigns of the other leaders, but totally new designs would surprise me.

I kind of want Elesa to have a different design every time she shows up during a plot-relevant event with the outfits cycling back and forth in rematches because of this...

Re: Black & White 2 Character Discussion Thread

wwwdotuporg3030402.jpg

Homika is now confirmed to be the second gym leader (look at the badge Ash is holding and then the badge case in image below). So most people guessing that were correct (which was pretty much everyone lol).

homikabadgecase.png

And it looks like Homika is going to have a Koffing and a Garbodor in the anime. But she's going to have two pokemon in the games and three in the anime (iirc) so there's always the chance she might not have the Koffing or the Garbodor in the games.

As she's the second Gym Leader, I highly doubt she will have a Garbador in the games - at least, not until a rematch (If there is a rematch feature). She could have a Trubbish, but I'd say a Whirlipede is more likely.

The second badge's silhouette is such a weird shape. I keep thinking it's a person's silhouette.

What is it even supposed to be? D: It's very hard to tell what shape that badge is in that comic.

I believe the top of the badge is a skull with two bones crossed behind it. Then the rest of the badge is reminiscent of a caterpillar's body. If it's the case then a Whirlipede is likely to be in her team in the game.

As she's the second Gym Leader, I highly doubt she will have a Garbador in the games - at least, not until a rematch (If there is a rematch feature). She could have a Trubbish, but I'd say a Whirlipede is more likely.
Garbodor (or Scolipede for that matter) is rather plain compared to the likes of Starmie, Scyther and Roserade. I don't see why it is unlikely for Homika to use it early on; Whirlipede would be easy to take down.

Garbodor (or Scolipede for that matter) is rather plain compared to the likes of Starmie, Scyther and Roserade. I don't see why it is unlikely for Homika to use it early on; Whirlipede would be easy to take down.

I think it's the leveling thing that makes people skeptical about Garbodor. We've had leaders with underlevled pokemon before, but it still seems like whirlipede would be more likely, due to her guitar and that it's kind of a stretch to have a pokemon that is supposed to evolve at level 36 be only on the second gym.

I think it's the leveling thing that makes people skeptical about Garbodor. We've had leaders with underlevled pokemon before, but it still seems like whirlipede would be more likely, due to her guitar and that it's kind of a stretch to have a pokemon that is supposed to evolve at level 36 be only on the second gym.
Falkner had a Pigeotto at level 9. Being ~10 levels below isn't unheard of. Misty's Starmie was mid-20's so the level range isnt that bad.

I think that the guitar comparison is a little out there, but if anything Homika should use a Scolipede despite the level, since the difficulty is more important than a relatively minor detail. But I also think that Arbok, Nidoqueen or Seviper would work well if Game Freak wanted to use legal levels (Ekans evolves at level 22 and Nidorina is available at level 16 and can evolve at any time).

To be fair, neither Scyther, Starmie, nor Roserade are under-leveled, as you can acquire all of them at level 1...

But I do agree that Garbodor isn't that weird when compared to them, under-leveled or not. He actually has less BST than all of them by a noticeable amount, so he's not broken.

Well, HG/SS were full with underlevelled pokemon (I ran into a Lv.16 Hypno the other day, for example) and Ghetsis also had his infamous Hydreigon in BW (there's also Iris and Drayden with underlevelled Haxorus amongst others). I wouldn't consider being underlevelled an argument against her having a Garbodor. And like you say, it's not as fast or strong as Starmie, Roserade or Scyther, so it being too powerful for a second gym isn't exactly an argument either.

I'd wager my bets on Koffing + Garbodor, personally. While yes, she does have a Venipede family-themed guitar, I don't exactly understand why that means she has to have one of them on her team (then again, I was the one saying that just because there's a Koffing sign in the background doesn't mean she'll use a Koffing).

I also don't like the repetitiveness of Burgh having a Whirlipede in BW and then Homika having a Whirlipede in B2W2, but then again, Koga and Janine shared some pokemon iirc, so whatever. Seviper would be another good choice over Garbodor, but I would like at least one pokemon on her team to be from Unova.

Maybe she'll end up having three pokemon, like the anime, and that picture we saw was just an early screen.

Calling Toxic Spikes and Venoshock as her strategy with Garbodor, and her giving the Venoshock TM when we win.

Edit: Wow, I didn't realise I did a tl;dr :<

Last edited:

Maybe she'll end up having three pokemon, like the anime, and that picture we saw was just an early screen.

I kind of doubt that she will get three pokemon. Although I would like for that to happen because I'd like a little more challenge, I don't see it happening. But if it does, you called it. :D

I'm still thinking that she will have Koffing and Scolipede/Whirlipede. As for Garbodor, maybe. But I think Koffing and Scolipede/Whirlipede would work well, or she could have Scolipede/Whirlipede and Garbodor, but that seems unlikely.

I kind of doubt that she will get three pokemon. Although I would like for that to happen because I'd like a little more challenge, I don't see it happening. But if it does, you called it. :D

Well Gardenia, Bugsy and Brawly (Emerald) all had three pokemon iirc, so it wouldn't be unheard of for a second gym.

Though I do think it's probably a little too close to the game's release (or it was when the screen was first shown) for them to be making any changes like that anyway. I think gym teams will have been properly decided upon earlier.

homikabadge.png

homikabadge2.png

Yeah, the bottom looks like it's made up of four/five poisonous bubbles. Not sure what the big circle-thing at top part is supposed to be. Maybe a skull and crossbones shape like someone suggested earlier.

Yeah, that clearer picture of it doesn't make it look like a skull, since it seems to be a perfect circle without like teeth on the bottom, and there seems to be just one circle inside it. Kinda weird with the crossbones though.

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom