• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Name It Game: want help naming your lonely boats?

What should Ash's Bulbasaur and May's Venusaur be called?

• Seminalshipping

Votes: 4 6.2%
  • AvantGardeshipping

Votes: 16 24.6%
  • Bombshellshipping

Votes: 4 6.2%
  • Inquisitionshipping

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • GildedLilyshipping

Votes: 31 47.7%
  • Other (please note and drop suggestion)

Votes: 9 13.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So I searched the list and there's no name for Pansear/Panpour? O__O; it's literally the only Pokemon shipping I support and it doesn't even have a name! (i was led to believe it was Sizzleshipping, but a quick check of the list said otherwise! o-o)

Names for other combos of the monkeys might be good too, ie Pansage/Panpour and Pansear/Pansage. All three has a name already.

Sizzle is taken, but looking through my thesaurus, I guess you could use "sputter". But it may not have the same ring to it.

Are there any other words involving the preparation of food with water? Because that's what Pansear/Panpour makes me think of. Incinerate burns berries, so it could be like cooking them, and Scald involves hot water, which is used in a lot of dishes.

Ooh, I got it! Braiseshipping. :D It uses dry heat to cook, then the food cooks in liquid.

Glad to be of some help.

I bring yet another Pocket Monsters manga shipping that could use a name.

Bill x Mew (Pocket Monsters).

I'm going to have to explain this one. Bill and Mew both appeared in PM005, where it was explained that the two were originally humans who were experimenting on creating the strongest Pokemon. Mew was a human woman who was the assistant to Bill. However after so many failed attempts, the two decide to combine a Pokemon and an animal together, and use themselves as test subjects. By combining each other with a cat, Mew is turned into the Pokemon Mew, and Bill is turned into a half-human half-leopard form. They need the Moon Stone to turn themselves back, which Mew steals from Isamu after he earns it for winning the match against Misty.

So with that said, anyone have any name ideas for this ship? I'm thinking something cat-related would do because of their circumstances, but I can't think of any at the moment...

Does anyone know the name of Grimsley x Homika?

cuz i ship it like fedex

Oh, thank you! Glad you like it.

Actually, while I'm here, I do have a ship I just can not come up with a name for, and that would be Cilan x Shizui (the names I thought of have already been taken). Can anyone help?

There doesn't appear to be any. Odd considering Chili and Cress both have a pairing name for Shizui. o_o; Let's see if I can help out...

GreenSea, MediterraneanSea, SeaBreeze, GL-Pompadour...off the top of my head. 8D; Any of those good?

I honestly don't think I've ever seen this one before anywhere,but if there isn't one already, could someone help me find a name for my surprisingly lonely ship? It's HeroXDusknoir from Explorers of Time/Darkness/Sky.
I actually am quite surprised that I haven't seen any ship like this.

Last edited:
Fantina x Alder. Some people have said Daringshipping, but I think another name would suit them better, unless it's already been named.

It doesn't have a current name, according to the Neverending Romance list.

Fantina is of french nationality, which can help in getting a name... Alder speaks in old fashioned Japanese in the Japanese version of Black and White... Their main Pokémons are Drifblim and Bouffalant / Volcarona respectively... Since Fantina is french, I might as well get their french names in here : Kiméra and Goyah respectively (Kiméra is similar to the Chimera and Goya being a japanese name for the bitter melon). Fantina is not only a Gym Leader but also a Contest performer, while Alder is the Champion of the Unova Pokémon League... Both characters have a haircut with at least one ponytail...

I don't know if this helps much, but visiting their Bulbapedia pages can help you in your quest !:)

I honestly don't think I've ever seen this one before anywhere,but if there isn't one already, could someone help me find a name for my surprisingly lonely ship? It's HeroXDusknoir from Explorers of Time/Darkness/Sky.

I love Dusknoir/hero, if the hero is Meowth or Riolu. oAo It doesn't have a name? Let's see... One I thought of is "MarkedByDeath". 8U; Since Dusknoir are like the grim reaper, and he wants to kill the hero once he finds out who he is... I'm bad at coming up with names. "OTL

I love Dusknoir/hero, if the hero is Meowth or Riolu. oAo It doesn't have a name? Let's see... One I thought of is "MarkedByDeath". 8U; Since Dusknoir are like the grim reaper, and he wants to kill the hero once he finds out who he is... I'm bad at coming up with names. "OTL

That's awesome and I'm glad I'm not alone! I was thinking of DeathWishShipping, since Dusknoir wants to kill the hero, but yours is pretty cool too. I might just want to use that one!
Edit: Of course my idea's taken. I'm using yours. All the time. Always.

Last edited:
Sweet. x3 New Pokemon pairing. oAo Gallade/Zangoose, it has no shipping name yet. Some names I had were SharpenedBlade or GallantWarrior...neither sound very good though. oAo

Sweet. x3 New Pokemon pairing. oAo Gallade/Zangoose, it has no shipping name yet. Some names I had were SharpenedBlade or GallantWarrior...neither sound very good though. oAo

HeroicRevengeShipping? I am no good at this either. Fight me.

It doesn't have a current name, according to the Neverending Romance list.

Fantina is of french nationality, which can help in getting a name... Alder speaks in old fashioned Japanese in the Japanese version of Black and White... Their main Pokémons are Drifblim and Bouffalant / Volcarona respectively... Since Fantina is french, I might as well get their french names in here : Kiméra and Goyah respectively (Kiméra is similar to the Chimera and Goya being a japanese name for the bitter melon). Fantina is not only a Gym Leader but also a Contest performer, while Alder is the Champion of the Unova Pokémon League... Both characters have a haircut with at least one ponytail...

I don't know if this helps much, but visiting their Bulbapedia pages can help you in your quest !:)

I think Kimgoya would be nice.

I think Kimgoya would be nice.
So you're taking the approach of a japanese pairing name instead of the usual "[insertnameofpairing]shipping". The thing is that Alder should be named before Fantina (it works like that for hetero pairings : the man's name and then the woman's name). The name would go that way : GoyaKim. Feel free to keep either of them :)

I came up with the following crossover shippings, but I need good names for them. Here they are:

Marley & Shadow.
Clair & Sonic.
Bianca (BW) & Tails.
Maylene & Knuckles.
Shauntal & Tails.

BTW, these are Pokemon characters shipped with Sonic characters in special friendships.

Back
Top Bottom