• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Are you OK with using Legendaries and/or Ubers in in-game teams?

Pidgeot

追放されたバカ
Reaction score
This is something that I've been wondering lately. Are you OK with using Legendaries and/or Ubers in in-game teams?

Personally, I'm OK with it. Whenever I decide on an in-game team, I always decide on the best Pokemon from the game that I could use in my team, and if they happen to be Legendaries and/or Ubers, then so be it. So for example, if I want to use a certain pseudo-Legendary, and it's available in that game, then I will use it.

It is not OK to use Uber Pokemon on your in-game team because it makes the game way too easy (not to mention too cheap beat other players on Wi-Fi). It is, of course, ok to use non-Uber legendaries such as Victini and Kyurem. GF really needs to find a way to allow endgame legendaries in restricted facilities without them being overpowered if they truly believe players should play with their favorites.

It is not OK to use Uber Pokemon on your in-game team because it makes the game way too easy (not to mention too cheap beat other players on Wi-Fi).
But if they're available to catch in that game, surely it's alright?

It is not OK to use Uber Pokemon on your in-game team because it makes the game way too easy (not to mention too cheap beat other players on Wi-Fi).

It's still not alright because regardless if they're available to catch, they're still banned in official facilities and tournaments.

Ubers yes, legendaries no. I would definitely use a Blaziken or a Garchomp in game.

It's still not alright because regardless if they're available to catch, they're still banned in official facilities and tournaments.
Yes, but in-game and competitive battling are two completely different things. I don't mind if you don't like using Ubers, but you have every right to use them in-game if you want to.

My in-game team is fairly inconsistent; I never keep a Pokemon in my Party for long. I use Legendaries because they aren't that much better. I've been beaten on the Battle Subway using all Legendaries by some Pokemon with BSTs under 480, and I don't give a damn about what Smogon or any other says. You want to not use them? Go ahead, just don't force it on me.

Yes, but in-game and competitive battling are two completely different things. I don't mind if you don't like using Ubers, but you have every right to use them in-game if you want to.

But I always want to use an endgame legendary in my team and wish to use it on official facilities and tournaments, but they're banned for being overpowered.

I try to avoid legendaries, as I like to think of my character as just an average every day bloke. If I find an "uber", I might pick it up, but most of the time I don't bother, as they're not really cute or good to look at which is mostly how I choose my team.

I'm perfectly okay with it. I might not get much chance to use Ubers for competitive battles, so if I want to use them in-game, nothing is going to stop me. Sure, it might make the game a bit easier, but it's my adventure and I'll choose how to play it however I want. The CPU opponents certainly won't mind.

If they're available, and if they're one of my favorites, then I have no qualms about using legendaries. And I don't really care if a Pokemon is considered to be Uber or not, as I don't do competitive battling at all.

It's perfectly fine as long as you don't abuse their awesomeness, that's how I see it.

Eh, I don't like using legendaries at all, but I have used a Rayquaza, Lugia, and some others in game in the past. I think it's perfectly fine to use them in game as you wish, though I don't like to.
my Lugia has been beaten easily in some wi-fi battles.
Hehehe. :p

She is. A sexy Legendary, at that.

I have used Thundurus, Garchomp, Excadrill, Blaziken... Pretty much any Uber Pokemon allowed on the Battle Subway and lost with it. It's not just raw power. Stat Boosts and Status conditions are key.

I don't like to use them in my regular team. But sometimes, just to teach them cool moves i train them. I doesn't feel right to me to use them, for example, in a gym battle, or in the first E4 quest

Legends are kinda cheap, but I'm not above being cheap.
Namely, I've used Groudon, Rayquaza, Latias, Entei&co., and (my favorite) Victini

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom