• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview BW083 + BW084 Fierce Fighting at Tachiwaki Gym! VS Homika!! Part 1 and Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
TR also seems to be in this episode.

Musashi, Kojiro, Nyasu and.... Seger. -_- I was hoping Sakaki would be in this and set up why he wants Meloetta, but maybe we'll be lucky and Seger will end up leaving forever. :-D

Speaking of Meloetta, she is also in this episode. Not really surprising since she was following the group secretively in the last one.

Musashi, Kojiro, Nyasu and.... Seger. -_- I was hoping Sakaki would be in this and set up why he wants Meloetta, but maybe we'll be lucky and Seger will end up leaving forever. :-D

Speaking of Meloetta, she is also in this episode. Not really surprising since she was following the group secretively in the last one.

The last minutes of the part 2 will certainly show her being attacked by the TRio. But, I'm curious if meloetta will watch the battle before.

So, Eri Kitamura is a singer too? The heck, writers, let Rica Matsumoto does rock action and Ash singing the OP!

Knowing Palpitoad is here makes my life complete <3

I'm not gonna jump the gun and say the 6 vs. 3 makes Ash looks bad, I think it'll feel justified..somehow. Maybe he does take all six to defeat her and maybe they all end up getting poisoned, but perhaps he rotates enough so that they are all left standing by the end of the battle similar to Crasher Wake's battle back in Sinnoh?

Assuming vague accuracy of the comic - if Pikachu is the last Pokemon and delivers the final blow, then isn't that an exact rerun of the Gym battle with Elesa - Pikachu building up rage at Ash's failures and then finishing the job himself? Sure it might be Ash 'giving up' instead of trying too hard with tactics, but the result is the same.

An all poisoned line up might make sense in terms of balance, if Ash gets less than 3 KOs before KOing 3 of Homika's Pokemon, that's getting closer to the bounds of a 'fair' battle. Though Ash should know something about poison types by now - at the very least his tactics against Paul's Poison Spikes - sending out Pokemon after Pokemon to get poisoned when he knows what he's done in the past to solve that (and Fire Pledge tears up the battlefield as well as anything) again highlights the sort of basic failures in Ash's battling in this series.

And make yet another pokemon not get a win?
I'm all for it. There is no significance to which Pokémon gets to "win" as long as they all contribute to the battle. More often than not a Pokémon defeats one foe and then immediately falls to the next one; they might as well go down with the Pokémon they defeat.

Last edited:
I just hope Ash gets a rematch along his way to prove he has the power to beat her regular!
It will air in 7 days and I can't wait for it to happen! So we can get over this! :D

Musashi said:
1. Homika's band is called "The Dogasu".

I *knew* she had to have had a giant picture of Dogas behind her on that stage for a reason!

Can't wait for these episodes.

Musashi, Kojiro, Nyasu and.... Seger. -_- I was hoping Sakaki would be in this and set up why he wants Meloetta, but maybe we'll be lucky and Seger will end up leaving forever.

God I hope so.

Translation courtesy of Adamant

In order to get his 8th badge required for entering the Isshu League, Satoshi finally passes through the gates of the Tachiwaki Gym. The Gym Leader is Homika, the vocalist in the super punk band "The Dogas", and the gym doubles as both a live venue and a battlefield! The screams of an audience that love both battles and live concerts fills the air, and Satoshi livens up the hall with a Thunderbolt from Pikachu.

Brimming with confidence, Homika makes the outrageous suggestion that Satoshi will battle with 6 Pokémon, while she will only use 3...! Homika goes with the 'Poison Gas Pokémon' Dogas, saying she got it in Kanto. Satoshi sends out Kenhallow to counter Dogas' speed, but it ends up poioned from a 'Sludge Bomb'! Following that, Homika continues her merciless poison attacks. Satoshi is about to give up, but then...!!"

"Satoshi is about to give up...."

What? That sounds OoC for Ash. I guess it could be a tagline just to draw attention to the episode though. I'm still not seeing how this battle will reflect positively on Ash.

Satoshi livens up the hall with a Thunderbolt from Pikachu.
Hmm, I bet Writer copied that from Elesa & Male B2W2 Protagonist's encounter in Animated Promo !
At least , They did One good stuff !
But it can't make up for 6 vs 3 disaster !

If only Ash could lose here, then rechallenge later...

To be fair, Even though I see why people are so angry at this six v three, at least some mons are getting screentime. This'll be Palpitoad's first proper appearance for almost a year, and the gym-volutions are all back battling properly without any dumb "Oh, I've just evolved, got full health again and got an entirely new moveset." Thing which should only happen once per season, as should move learning. To put that into perspective, only two gyms so far have gone without any new moves being learnt or revealed and no evolution. So in a way I'm happy about that. I know that it'll be cheap, but BW has been cheap and I want to get away from this season in the same way that I just look to the new games to improve on BW's flop.

I know the scans don't say all, but I think that Ash having at least 3 Pokemon left when he wins would serve to humble Homika (if that's what they're going for here). Having her defeat five of his Pokemon with three of hers realistically shouldn't really drive her to change her ways.

Translation courtesy of Adamant

In order to get his 8th badge required for entering the Isshu League, Satoshi finally passes through the gates of the Tachiwaki Gym. The Gym Leader is Homika, the vocalist in the super punk band "The Dogas", and the gym doubles as both a live venue and a battlefield! The screams of an audience that love both battles and live concerts fills the air, and Satoshi livens up the hall with a Thunderbolt from Pikachu.

Brimming with confidence, Homika makes the outrageous suggestion that Satoshi will battle with 6 Pokémon, while she will only use 3...! Homika goes with the 'Poison Gas Pokémon' Dogas, saying she got it in Kanto. Satoshi sends out Kenhallow to counter Dogas' speed, but it ends up poioned from a 'Sludge Bomb'! Following that, Homika continues her merciless poison attacks. Satoshi is about to give up, but then...!!"

"Satoshi is about to give up...."

What? That sounds OoC for Ash. I guess it could be a tagline just to draw attention to the episode though. I'm still not seeing how this battle will reflect positively on Ash.

Satoshi livens up the hall with a Thunderbolt from Pikachu.
Hmm, I bet Writer copied that from Elesa & Male B2W2 Protagonist's encounter in Animated Promo !
At least , They did One good stuff !
But it can't make up for 6 vs 3 disaster !

ash thinking about giving up on a koffing? strange he never thought about giving up when he faced james multiple times

looks like a intense fight! nice preview!

But I got the idea. will Ash maybe give up after she kicks his ass in ep 1! And than her rechallenges he in EP 2! Please WRITERS make it this way!

Looks like everyone's dreams are answered when it comes to Satoshi's reserve Pokemon... they're all making an appearance in this. Also, Mijumaru has been sent to Araragi for the first known time.

Huh...so Iris and Cilan might be the ones who snap Ash out of his funk? Ookie dookie.

Anyway, I guess Ash really was about to give up. Wow. He really must be getting slaughtered by Homika. My thoughts on the battle remain the same, and hopefully Ash's Pokemon will improve in BW2 before the league.

LOL, Iris' shouting scared the crap out of me xD At first i thought it was Pikachu shouting.

Anyway, I guess Ash really was about to give up. Wow. He really must be getting slaughtered by Homika. My thoughts on the battle remain the same, and hopefully Ash's Pokemon will improve in BW2 before the league.

To be honest, Satoshi has been shown to be such a weak trainer this series that once the league rolls around I'll be surprised to see him make it past the qualifiers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom