• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview BW083 + BW084 Fierce Fighting at Tachiwaki Gym! VS Homika!! Part 1 and Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be honest, Satoshi has been shown to be such a weak trainer this series that once the league rolls around I'll be surprised to see him make it past the qualifiers.

Agree. Ash is indeed pathetic in Unova. Even Iris is better than him.

To be honest, Satoshi has been shown to be such a weak trainer this series that once the league rolls around I'll be surprised to see him make it past the qualifiers.

Agree. Ash is indeed pathetic in Unova. Even Iris is better than him.

Of course she is. She can bring dead Pokémon back to life with her tears. While Satoshi has to be revived by Pokémon tears.

Like I said before the battle looks very nice but that Smogon has to be on steroids...Meloetta? Maybe TR should go after Smogon instead. They got interested in Pikachu after they noticed its SUPERPIKA-strenght, but that Smogon is a cheatin' beachball!

Or all of Satoshi's reserve Pokémon facing it just stink...well, that could be it too.

I'm still wondering how Ash is suppose to come out of this battle looking good. I mean, if he's getting beaten badly enough to the point where he's about to give up (this is Ash, of all people), then his Pokemon truly aren't ready for the league. In reality, I don't see any serious training for his Pokemon on-screen either in BW2 before the league either. So I guess they just made all of Homika's Pokemon stronger than you average gym leader to for the sake of being different.

Looks like everyone's dreams are answered when it comes to Satoshi's reserve Pokemon... they're all making an appearance in this. Also, Mijumaru has been sent to Araragi for the first known time.

....Except one. Our glasses-wearing croc, Krokorok.

Krok is technically the only one who keeps its personality intact. The other four are battle drones at most.

"Give up". That's... pretty OoC for Ash. I could understand "almost give up" to haxorus, a braviary or a elektross at the last gym. Homika's team isn't that much and see Ash in this situation, after Clair, Juan and Volkner (all of them much worthy opponents)?

Well... I'll hold my final judgement to the actual battle. Animation wise, it's pretty good, but the concept now makes me sick...

For some reason, I don't actually count Waruvile as a reserve Pokemon given that it's got a personality and appears often.

People of this thread I want to said that have faith in this episode and Ash

*watching the preview, with volume WAY up for added intensity*

Smile2.png

Hmm...looks pretty cool. Shouldn't draw any big conclusions knowing so little....animation is, of course, amazing. So Palpitoad is at least going up against Garbodor. Makes me happy.

*suddenly, Iris's crisis induced screams pierce the sound barrier rupturing several of his internal organs*

OMGRun.png

GAHHHHH SOMETHING IS ATTACKING ME!

This seems to be the order of the battle:
Unfezant VS Koffing: Koffing wins
Boldore VS Koffing: Koffing wins
Leavanny VS Koffing: Leavanny wins
Leavanny VS Scolipede: Scolipede wins
Pignite VS Scolipede: Pignite wins
Pignite VS Garbodor: Garbodor wins
Palpitoad VS Garbodor: Garbodor wins
Pikachu VS Garbodor: Pikachu wins

Iris screaming at Ash not to give up instead of calling him a kid...negaishipping hint? :DDDDDD

Well, it certainly doesn't look like it's going to be an easy battle, hope it's exciting!

/has absolutely nothing more to say about gym battles.

Does Homika do something to upset Iris and Cilan?

With Iris screaming rather dramatically, and then we had them looking pretty pissed in another screenshot, it seems like it.

trash.jpg

Gunk Shot is composed of actual trash.
...that is so freaking cool.

ugh. Ash having to use all his pokemon in the battle? Homika apparently almost handing Ash his butt with only 3 pokemon against 6?? Ash *almost giving up*? Stupid writers *smacks them*. Why are they doing this to him after all the improvements they had him going through in AG and DP???

*storms up and slaps Ash across the face, then grabs him by the collar* Listen here. You've beaten legends. You've sacrificed yourself for countless pokemon. You supported Dawn even at her lowest moment, and you want to "give up"? Is this nothing but a game to you? Have you gone soft on me, boy? Where is the Ash that said he will never give up on his dreams? Where is the Ash that keeps trying even when things are at their most bleak? Where is the Ash that stood against two flipping legends and didn't even flinch? Now get in there and show them what you're made of. Show your pokemon that you'll fight right alongside them. Show them what battling is truly about!

Well, in his defense, Ash has never battled someone whose Pokémon presumably poisoned his entire team. It's an obstacle he's never had to deal with to such an extent before, so I'm not surprised he's a little overwhelmed and at the brink of calling forfeit because he's cornered and can't see any way out.

Good thing Iris shrieks his ear drums to blood so he won't be able to hear his suffering Pokémon's cries so he can think clearly and think of a way out of this mess!

Call me crazy, but isn't Ash human?

I mean, I understand how some people can find this episode a bit jarring, base on what little we know of the episode, but isn't Ash allowed moments of doubt, to show emotions beyond, ''we can do it if we try"?

And, even if Ash does have to use his entire team to beat Homika, couldn't that just mean that Homika is a really amazing trainer, not that Ash is a bad one?

Just a thought...

A moment, yes, but it's nothing he hasn't gotten through before. Maybe someone snaps him out of it.

Why is Pignite even in this battle? I can't believe that thing got 5 Gyms, even more than Oshawott.

Scraggy should be here instead.

Well, in his defense, Ash has never battled someone whose Pokémon presumably poisoned his entire team.

Paul's Drapion says hello. It poisoned/KO'd Torterra, Staraptor, and Buizel. Gliscor, and Infernape were poisoned because of the spikes as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom