• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview BW089: Iris and the roughneck Kairyu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Musashi

Clap Clap
Reaction score
wwwdotuporg3117724.jpg

This episode airs July 26th.

Thanks @jda95;
The Summary said:
"While Ash and his friends are making morning preparations at Cynthia’s villa, the town is struck by a power outage. Officer Jenny, who comes to visit, tells them that the Dragon Pokémon Dragonite is the source of the outage, but Iris opposes this story and seeks an answer."

Last edited by a moderator:
They really aren't to creative with the Iris episode titles are they? It always seems to be "Iris and _____". an awful lot lol.

They really aren't to creative with the Iris episode titles are they? It always seems to be "Iris and _____". an awful lot lol.

Well, Iris episodes always seem to do pretty well ratings wise.

So there's no real incentive to go bananas with the episode title.

I just don't hope that Dragonite's whole character will be wrapped up in this episode. All the trailers I've seen gave me the impression of it being feutered in an arc, with the battle against Hydreigon etc., but it seems like it will all be for one episode. Oh well, at least Iris stars in it.

That Dragonite is featured pretty heavily in the new opening, flying around with all the wild Pokemon.

Its probably not going to be captured but I wonder if it'll be more important than we think.

Not to mention the weird way it zooms in on it. 0.o

I wonder if most of the Pokemon in that scene will have focus soon (since we see Larvitar and Cubchoo as well).

Thanks to our Jda995 for translating the summary.

"While Ash and his friends are making morning preparations at Cynthia’s villa, the town is struck by a power outage. Officer Jenny, who comes to visit, tells them that the Dragon Pokémon Dragonite is the source of the outage, but Iris opposes this story and seeks an answer."

so they are still in Undella town? Interested if shizui as the town's GL will appear to protect it!

Wow, I get a dragon ep for my birthday. I'm so happy. So the Angry Dragonite may not be as bad as we thought.

I still wonder what that glowing power Iris used in the trailer. Maybe understanding the hearts of dragons?

I still wonder what that glowing power Iris used in the trailer. Maybe understanding the hearts of dragons?

Another bullshit used by writers in BW. No surprise here. So another trashy episode focused on barabarian girl.

Another bullshit used by writers in BW. No surprise here. So another trashy episode focused on barabarian girl.

The writers introduced Iris's ability to understand dragon types in that episode with the Druddigon, and she's not babaric, just more in tune with nature than any other character. It's possible the rage issue could be a constant problem for dragonite to where it starts up at random times. I'm glad to see were going to have another episode furthering Iris as a Dragon Master

Oh noes, Cynthia has lured them to her home. D: Run away, kids!

Random question, but in the games doesn't the player meet Cynthia in Caitlin's Villa? Though the anime screws up most aspects of the games, so it shouldn't matter.

Random question, but in the games doesn't the player meet Cynthia in Caitlin's Villa? Though the anime screws up most aspects of the games, so it shouldn't matter.
It's Caitlin's Villa in the games, yes. But maybe Caitlin has a villa next door? :p

Shouldn't that be followed by - okay, Pikachu use Thundeshock on the toaster! Likewise, considering the Poke-world's wide use of solar, they sure know how to shoehorn in plot convenient problems with electricity when needed.

Just as long as the end result isn't Iris finding something stuck in Dragonite's foot/wings, this episode should be okay development for Iris. It's to be expected she has some degree of greater connection with dragons in coming from that village and bringing that out by spending time with Axew is probably the point of her journey.

Shouldn't that be followed by - okay, Pikachu use Thundeshock on the toaster! Likewise, considering the Poke-world's wide use of solar, they sure know how to shoehorn in plot convenient problems with electricity when needed.

Just as long as the end result isn't Iris finding something stuck in Dragonite's foot/wings, this episode should be okay development for Iris. It's to be expected she has some degree of greater connection with dragons in coming from that village and bringing that out by spending time with Axew is probably the point of her journey.

This. I hate how they always do that. It's actually kind of funny when you think about it.

Pretty sure Magnemite is the source of the outage, isn't it?

Something that never made sense to me about the power and strength of Dragon-type Pokemon is how exactly are they so young?

I mean the Kairyu back in Jouto supposedly outlived his trainer, if that is the case why was it so resilient and youthful? It was as fit as a young one and pretty much evened out with Lizardon. Whereas elderly Pokemon like Pikachu and Kenji's Strike in the past have shown that age hinders their bodies and the things they can do. Why was that Kairyu which outlived its owner not elder and crotchety in battle? Not to mention the woman who helped teach Fukamaru Meteoric Swarm, her Altaria didn't seem old at all but she was. Neither did Drake Dragons seem old or tired out either, but then again he's a member of the Elite Four.

Part me is wondering if this Kairyu is an elderly one as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom