• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review BW086: Pochama VS Yanappu! The Magnificent Battle!!

Dogasu

ロケット団よ永遠
Reaction score
Pochama VS Yanappu! The Magnificent Battle!!

Animation - Team Kato
Screenplay - ???
Storyboard - ???
Assistant director - ???
Animation director - ???

Satoshi and his friends have arrived in Sazanami Town in East Isshu. On the way to Shirona's villa, the "Melody Pokemon" Meloetta appears out of nowhere! It seems like Meloetta has taken a liking to Satoshi. Meanwhile, Hikari and her "Penguin Pokemon" Potchama are waiting at the villa! Hikari wanted to brush up on her Pokemon Coordinating skills, so she came to East Isshu. Eventually, Satoshi and his friends arrive and the group begins staying together, all hoping to enter the Junior Cup. Dent tells Hikari that he wants to try "tasting" a Pokemon Coordinator's pokemon and challenges her to a battle! During all this, the Rocket-Dan is observing them...

So Dawn was at Nimbasa and watched Elesa in a Musical? I don't think she said anything so far about her going to Hoenn, anything about rivals or anything like that... (though keyhole is freezing and stuff so I could have missed something)

OMG they referenced "Counter Shield" from DP, Dawn used it with Pip

Dawn and Cilan didn't finish their battle, interrupted by Meloetta/Pip/Osha moment XD
She said something about wanting to battle Iris too and I hink Cilan said she still needs to finish the battle with him
Ash also wanted to battle her...
I wonder if maybe all 3 will face Dawn in the tournament and that some kind of set up to it

It was a solid episode, I expected a bit more but it's oK!
The bubble(bubble beam) defense move was a nice touch!

Pip and Miju made this hilarious! That will be a strong fight coming up!

Yes she was in Nimbasa! And the B didn't call Ash! Bad Dawney!

Did they mention the WTJC!?

I still can't get over how cute and awesome the scene Ash and Dawn meet is... how she's "surprising" him and the high five... it's just... just... omg <3

Satoshi commented about magmarashi evolving too. Found it kinda funny tho how bubbles can break rocks lol.

Ya know ya boy Lil B had no idea about what was going on, but Keyhole worked fine just like every other week. Okay episode, Meloetta could go away though. That's definitely a shiny Onix in the preview for next weeks episode. Keep it based. - Lil B

Nice episode, although I expected Hikari to mention something about Hoenn. Poor Takeshi, he wasn't mentioned :( Or was he? I can't rely on KeyHole too much XD I'm happy they mentioned Counter Shield, I wasn't expecting them to actually show DP-type battling. See, Satoshi? Your crazy and awesome techniques can be used in Isshu too!

Also, is it just me, or did Hikari wink way too much during the episode?

Oh my gosh that episode was freaking hilarious. XD Just... everything. XD

And I guess the TRio got new music? Maybe we'll hear that on Sunday?

Wouldn't mind that submarine sinking with Seger in it...

Couldn't resist some new additions to your villa, eh, Cynthia?

Pansage uses Rock Tomb for the second time here. Discuss.
Dent: It's Tasting Time!
Dawn: ...WTF

Best part of the episode.
Yeah, both Piplup and her had looks on their faces like they were saying 'he's not all there, is he?'

I still hope for some rivals or Hoenn Contests references eventually, maybe in the last Dawn ep before she leave she might show her ribbons and talk about her Hoenn Contests and rivals there? hopefully...
Anyway, this was an awesome ep and I can't wait for the next ones <3

Did they mention the WTJC!?

Yes, Dawn will participate, just like Ash, Iris and Cilan will, so they're all in it

Ummm:
3lTIl.jpg

Was so happy to see Ash pointing out all the different Pokemon and Iris seemingly having no idea - need more of that.

It's good to see that Dawn was interested in musicals, as it gives a bit more reason to her appearing. Perhaps if she stays around long enough there might be an opportunity for her to compete in one onscreen, another chance at doing the musicals justice in the anime. And yay for the Elesa scene.

All of the Pokemon interactions were great - Mamoswine sniffing around was funny, and the obvious stuff with everything Oshawott.

Because all of that stuff was good, I think it's okay to overlook the lack of focus the battle got, but I hope there's a full length battle in one of the coming episodes, before the Junior Cup so there's some actual training shown.

Why hasn't anyone looked Meloetta up on the Pokedex yet?

AWWWW.... I missed the episode but going through the screenshots for now. :bawl:
attachment.php

Btw, Ash did a DexCheck on Pochama? WTF XD

Attachments

• zoo1340878112081.jpg
    zoo1340878112081.jpg
    144.3 KB · Views: 2,317
Btw, Ash did a DexCheck on Pochama? WTF XD

Hikari wanted him to after she did the same on hers. (Interesting she got an upgrade.)

Also, the Rockets new mission is called "Project Tempest" according to the Twitter.

Oh, I forgot to say, if that interest anyone, that Dawn actually already knew about Iris and Cilan, apparently she heard about them from Professor Oak?... or at least I think that's what she said

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom