• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Bulbapedia Suggestions, ideas, and problems

Could someone please add this to Template:Unova? I've added all the new locations, and few locations from the original Black and White that were missing from this template. It's all been spaced out so as to not warp the template. Could help speed up article creation for you guys.

{| align="center" width=700px; class="roundy" style="background: #FFFFFF; border: 2px solid #{{unova color dark}};"
|- align="center"
| class="roundy" style="background:#FFFFFF; font-size: 90%;" | '''Settlements'''<br>[[Nuvema Town]] • [[Accumula Town]] • [[Striaton City]] • [[Nacrene City]] • [[Castelia City]] • [[Nimbasa City]] • [[Anville Town]]<br>[[Driftveil City]] • [[Mistralton City]] • [[Icirrus City]] • [[Opelucid City]] • [[Pokémon League]] • [[Lacunosa Town]] • [[Undella Town]]<br>[[Black City]] • [[White Forest]] • [[Aspertia City]] • [[Sangi Town]] • [[Virbank City]] • [[Yamaji Town]] • [[Seigaiha City]]
|- align="center"
| class="roundy" style="background:#FFFFFF; font-size: 90%;" | '''[[Route|{{color|000|Routes}}]] and Crossings'''<br>{{rtn|1|Unova}} • {{rtn|2|Unova}} • {{rtn|3|Unova}} • {{rtn|4|Unova}} • {{rtn|5|Unova}} • {{rtn|6|Unova}} • {{rtn|7|Unova}} • {{rtn|8|Unova}} • {{rtn|9|Unova}} • {{rtn|10|Unova}} • {{rtn|11|Unova}} • {{rtn|12|Unova}} • {{rtn|13|Unova}} • {{rtn|14|Unova}} • {{rtn|15|Unova}} • {{rtn|16|Unova}} • {{rtn|17|Unova}} • {{rtn|18|Unova}} • {{rtn|19|Unova}} • {{rtn|20|Unova}} • {{rtn|21|Unova}} • {{rtn|22|Unova}} • {{rtn|23|Unova}}<br>[[Skyarrow Bridge]] • [[Driftveil Drawbridge]] • [[Tubeline Bridge]] • [[Village Bridge]] • [[Marvelous Bridge]] • [[Marine Tube]]
|- align="center"
| class="roundy" style="background:#FFFFFF; font-size: 90%;" | '''Landmarks'''<br>[[Dreamyard]] • [[Wellspring Cave]] • [[Pinwheel Forest]] • [[Liberty Garden]] • [[Desert Resort]] • [[Relic Castle]] • [[Battle Subway]] • [[Lostlorn Forest]]<br>[[Cold Storage]] • [[Mistralton Cave]] • [[Chargestone Cave]] • [[Celestial Tower]] • [[Twist Mountain]] • [[Dragonspiral Tower]] • [[Moor of Icirrus]]<br>[[Challenger's Cave]] • {{un|Victory Road}}• [[N's Castle]] • [[Royal Unova]] • [[Giant Chasm]] • [[Undella Bay]] • [[Abyssal Ruins]] • [[Abundant Shrine]]<br>[[Poké Transfer Lab]] • [[P2 Laboratory]] • [[Entralink]] • [[Unity Tower]] • [[Sangi Ranch]] • [[Oath Woods]] • [[Virbank Industrial Complex]]<br>[[Pokéwood]] • [[Castelia Sewers]] • [[Join Avenue]] • [[Hollow Burrow]] • [[Pokémon World Tournament]] • [[Rebirth Mountain]] • [[Plasma Frigate]]<br>[[Clay Road]] • [[Underground Ruins]] • [[Stranger's House]] • [[Relic Path]] • [[Seaside Cave]] • [[Nature Sanctuary]]
|}

Also, Iris is listed as "Elite Four" in her party template, when she should actually be "Champion"

In the AG014 episode, there's an error where the top of cacnea's head is colored black instead of the usual green. It's at the part where Team Rocket's balloon is popped and Jessie and James are battling May and Forest for the Wurmple.

Totally unfair
It locked my talk page as well
I felt I have been blocked, but the reason is nothing doing wrong!

We (the staff) do not enjoy locking out regular editors on Bulbapedia, but it is just a precaution that has to taken during the hetic time of a main series game release. Everyone has the same circumstances as you, so you shouldn't (and we hope you don't) feel like your being treated unfairly. We can't lock down certain namespaces, it's all or nothing. The site will be open for regular editing as soon as possible.

Days of the Week -> Platinum -> Tuesday
Missing: Julia in Sunyshore City gives away a Shock Ribbon.

There's also an issue when you search any specific day of the week in the search bar. You will be directed to that day of the week under Gold, Silver, and Crystal.
The contents legend is also wonky for HeartGold and SoulSilver. The contents for those games are not consistent with the others and it stretches the box out needlessly. Maybe if there was a collapse/hide feature for those games with the default set to hidden.

The page in general was redesigned semi recently and is no where near as user friendly now, as it used to be. I liked being able to look at events day by day and not game by game. It was much easier to rotate through games and do daily tasks. I'm sure there was a good bit of reasoning behind why the layout was changed but it seems incomplete to me and I just don't think it's as easy to use. Hopefully someone can fix and finish it soon, it's an awesome site feature.

Days of the Week -> Platinum -> Tuesday
Missing: Julia in Sunyshore City gives away a Shock Ribbon.

There's also an issue when you search any specific day of the week in the search bar. You will be directed to that day of the week under Gold, Silver, and Crystal.
Fixed.

The contents legend is also wonky for HeartGold and SoulSilver. The contents for those games are not consistent with the others and it stretches the box out needlessly. Maybe if there was a collapse/hide feature for those games with the default set to hidden.
I honestly do not see any other way to arrange it. HGSS has a lot of sub-sections, and they are all necessary to be mentioned. They look rather organized in this way, but I do agree with the stretched out content box point. Looks kind of awkward.

The page in general was redesigned semi recently and is no where near as user friendly now, as it used to be. I liked being able to look at events day by day and not game by game. It was much easier to rotate through games and do daily tasks. I'm sure there was a good bit of reasoning behind why the layout was changed but it seems incomplete to me and I just don't think it's as easy to use. Hopefully someone can fix and finish it soon, it's an awesome site feature.
Talk:Days of the week - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia

I notice there's a fair few articles with very long ToCs. Might it be worth adopting a template that functions similarly to this? That way the HGSS part of the contents could be restricted to just days of the week, and not every single subheading under each day.

It's a pity the archives are locked. I've got a whole bunch of map images matching the current Unova ones all ready to go, among others. Ah well, I'll just sit and wait. Thank you to whoever addressed my last post.

On Route 20, it inconsistently has some trainers with their Japanese names where the English names usually are, and some with no name listed there.

On Route 20, it inconsistently has some trainers with their Japanese names where the English names usually are, and some with no name listed there.

You mean Unova's Route 20? I'm pretty sure that is intentional and that they're serving as placeholders until the actual English games come out, because only the Japanese version of the games exist currently. You can't possibly expect them to have English names when they currently don't. Also, it can take time to get the Japanese names of all of the trainers, be patient.

It's a pity the archives are locked. I've got a whole bunch of map images matching the current Unova ones all ready to go, among others. Ah well, I'll just sit and wait. Thank you to whoever addressed my last post.

If you wish, you can upload them all to a image-hosting or file-sharing website or put them in something like Dropbox and link them here and we can upload them.

Wooper's article states that its German name "Felino" is "The same as English". Could use some correction.

Saw an error in Elekid's article where it says what it learns by leveling up. Leer and Start have switched places of where they should be (the B2W2 and Move column respectively).

Castelia Sewers made a very early appearance in the anime, A Venipede Stampede! to be exact, where Ash and the others including Burgh were investigating sounds coming from the sewers and find a Venipede. The anime info is missing on the page. The image of it has already been uploaded.

Saw an error in Elekid's article where it says what it learns by leveling up. Leer and Start have switched places of where they should be (the B2W2 and Move column respectively).

Fixed.

Castelia Sewers made a very early appearance in the anime, A Venipede Stampede! to be exact, where Ash and the others including Burgh were investigating sounds coming from the sewers and find a Venipede. The anime info is missing on the page. The image of it has already been uploaded.

No. Just because the anime has a sewer in Castelia City doesn't mean it is the sewers from the game. Besides, the anime episode came well before B2W2.

This is where the term, a very early appearance, came from as the episode did air before the sequels of Black and White.

I'd like to suggest adding information to the page Multi-hit move. Specifically, I think it would benefit the understanding of damage calculation if the average damage were calculated per move. Multi-hit moves (lasting 2-5 hits) are an oddity; the chances of 2 hits is 3/8, 3 is 3/8, 4 is 1/8, and 5 is 1/8. For instance, Fury Swipes does 18 damage per hit, but the average amount of hits is NOT (2+5)/2. Even veekun doesn't accurately explain the damage calculation, saying just that 80% accuracy factored into 18 power per hit is effectively 14.4 power.

I will be willing to calculate the different moves' effective powers if I can create two new columns in the table "List of Multi-hit Moves." The first new one would be Average Power, which would calculate the average power of a move if it hits. The other would be Effective Power, which factors in accuracy.

For example, given Fury Swipes's different chances of hitting a number of times, the Average Power is 54 ((36x3 + 54x3 + 72 + 90)/8). Considering the move only hits 80% of the time, the Effective Power would be 43.2. Make sense?

Again, I really feel like this would help everyone understand how these moves work. If Bulbapedia is supposed to be the most comprehensive and informative Pokémon wiki in the world, wouldn't this be part of that ideal?

This is all assuming that Bulbapedia is unlocked sometime in the near future.

Last edited:
After reading the talk page "Big Stadium and Small Court" about the amount of trainers the page will have to have added to get it complete, I would suggest splitting the page into "Big Stadium" and "Small Court" rather than having the page for both of them together.

Back
Top Bottom