• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview M16: ExtremeSpeed Genesect: Mewtwo Awakens

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Genesect in Movie 16

Just a reminder that if you believe a post to be off-topic or otherwise problematic, please use the report feature instead of making an issue about it within the thread itself. With that mind, let's lay off the criticisms about one another's posting, and get back to the discussion at hand.

Since I find it funny that people think that Genesect automatically means that all pokes have been in the anime by now, I decided to check and see which ones have not appeared yet. It is a really small list by now, but there are still quite a few.

Top results, having not even been in Movie 14:
Ferrothorn, Vullaby, and Zweilous

Pokes that appeared in movies but have not appeared in the regular anime yet:
Samurott, Liepard (it was going to be in TR vs TP), Zoroark, Cinccino, Reuniclus, Klang, Eelektrik, Rufflet, and Braviary

I will also note they have not featured fall and winter Deerling yet. I excluded pokes which I know will have an upcoming appearance, such as Serperior. If I missed some, then I don't know about it.

I remember DP was originally supposed to come out in 2005 giving the AG era only 3 years. It was then delayed to 2006 which is why AG got extended for another year. Back then all new Pokemon were revealed by Movie 7...yet AG still went on for 2 more movies afterward.

BW also introduced tons of new Pokemon to make up for them being on the same handheld. Seeing these pokemon casted aside already wouldn't make sense.

Lastly is Iris and Cilan. Are we really expected to believe that their time in the anime is already up? I realize there's a small possibility of Cilan becoming the next Brock, but even so I don't think the writers will do that again. Iris has barely gone through any development at all besides a few minor things, it seems if the writers thought this gen was ending they would speed along their development.

I remember DP was originally supposed to come out in 2005 giving the AG era only 3 years. It was then delayed to 2006 which is why AG got extended for another year. Back then all new Pokemon were revealed by Movie 7...yet AG still went on for 2 more movies afterward.

BW also introduced tons of new Pokemon to make up for them being on the same handheld. Seeing these pokemon casted aside already wouldn't make sense.

Lastly is Iris and Cilan. Are we really expected to believe that their time in the anime is already up? I realize there's a small possibility of Cilan becoming the next Brock, but even so I don't think the writers will do that again. Iris has barely gone through any development at all besides a few minor things, it seems if the writers thought this gen was ending they would speed along their development.

Again your not helping your theory. iris being under developed. Leads me to believe that ash cilan and iris are going to be the next ash brock and misty. come on just except that this gen is over.

edit: why else would they come up with an entirely new cast except for ash. Just to ditch after unova. I don't think so

Last edited:

edit: why else would they come up with an entirely new cast except for ash. Just to ditch after unova. I don't think so

What do you mean by that? They bring in a new girl every gen and Brock's departure was overdue.

Iris is far less important than May or Dawn were, it wouldn't surprise me if she has a shorter run than they did.

Let's get back to Movie 16. Who's staying or leaving the cast when Gen 6 comes around isn't relevant.

Let's get back to Movie 16. Who's staying or leaving the cast when Gen 6 comes around isn't relevant.

actually this whole thread was supposed to be about genesect. and the 16th move has taken a back set to gen 6

I hope that Genesect is actually linked to the primary star, which is to say that the latter shouldn't be a Lucario clone. I'd like to see another prehistoric Pokémon as Genesect's nemesis.

I remember DP was originally supposed to come out in 2005 giving the AG era only 3 years. It was then delayed to 2006 which is why AG got extended for another year.
This again? As I told you in a previous discussion, Diamond and Pearl were never intended to be released in 2005; fans merely hoped that they would be. The games' development started in late 2004 around the DS' release; there was no way to release them before 2006. In the present case, Game Freak got 3DS development kits in early 2010 - an entire year before the system's release (which was only six months after Black and White's release), giving them plenty of time to develop Generation VI.

The relatively high number of Generation V Pokémon serves its purpose as long as the DS is still focused on, but that is no reason to draw out this generation for another year. Three years is plenty of time.

Lastly is Iris and Cilan. Are we really expected to believe that their time in the anime is already up?
14 months is a significant period of time. The writers just need to use that time wisely, assuming they even care about giving the characters good screentime, which isn't necessarily the case.

Last edited:

Yeah, I was about to say that just because the other pokes have not appeared yet doesn't mean they won't have appeared by the time this movie comes out. A year is a long time, and a zillion things could happen until then. With the short list I gave, it would be all too easy for them all to have appeared by then.

Yeah, the reamining gen 5 Poké got more than enough time to appear... though I have a fear we'll never see the remaining two Deerling forms, like how we never got to see "?" or "!" forms of Unown or the other two forms of Burmy - which totally annoyed and still annoys me till now... it's like they completely skipped some Pokémon, even if it's "just" forms... which they never do (not counting Porygon/2/Z which they have their ridiculous reasons not to showcase)

Last edited:

Actually, if the animators have any continuity, the 3 months that pass until the League is enough for fall to occur in Unova, seeing as the last few times Deerling appeared, it was in it's summer form.

Anyway, the same goes for the characters, although with the way they've been treated so far, I honestly do not expect much to happen. It won't matter for the movie, because it never does. All that matters is if they catch more pokemon, which none of us can be sure if that will happen or not.

Genesect not being the main star of the movie is really a shame. I hope it have a decent role like Darkrai had in Movie 10.

Yeah, the reamining gen 5 Poké got more than enough time to appear... though I have a fear we'll never see the remaining two Deerling forms, like how we never got to see "?" or "!" forms of Unown or the other two forms of Burmy - which totally annoyed and still annoys me till now... it's like they completely skipped some Pokémon, even if it's "just" forms... which they never do (not counting Porygon/2/Z which they have their ridiculous reasons not to showcase)

didnt we see all forms of deerling in that 4 seasons episode thing or was that just swasbuck

I'm sorry to go off-topic from the Gen VI discussion, but I just don't care too much about it, and really saw no reason to expand it even further.

To be perfectly honest, I really don't care too much about Genesect, as I've never really taken a liking to it. Seeing it being featured in the 16th movie doesn't at all come as a surprise, but it's not really like it's making me jump for joy either. I'm just feeling average.

All I want for this movie - even though it's rather implausible - is for Ash to step back from the star role and let either Iris or Dento take it. I just want to see the two of them to actually receive some spotlight in a movie, which I'm sure would be amazing if they only got the chance, but unfortunately, with Ash once again being the only big star of the show and Iris and Dento being the sidekicks I can imagine them two once again receive a Misty/Brock-treatment.

As little as this confirms, and what little urge I have for Genesect's theoretically probable ancient forme, with how bad of a protagonist I'd image it to play; I just wish we'd get a proper story to this thing. I'd be so let down if it's simply shoved into some action scene to show it off and get it over with. Picturing the golems in Lucario's movie with a 'sigh'.

I'm sorry to go off-topic from the Gen VI discussion, but I just don't care too much about it, and really saw no reason to expand it even further.

To be perfectly honest, I really don't care too much about Genesect, as I've never really taken a liking to it. Seeing it being featured in the 16th movie doesn't at all come as a surprise, but it's not really like it's making me jump for joy either. I'm just feeling average.

All I want for this movie - even though it's rather implausible - is for Ash to step back from the star role and let either Iris or Dento take it. I just want to see the two of them to actually receive some spotlight in a movie, which I'm sure would be amazing if they only got the chance, but unfortunately, with Ash once again being the only big star of the show and Iris and Dento being the sidekicks I can imagine them two once again receive a Misty/Brock-treatment.

Yah, remember Dento/Iris are the Misty/Brock of the series, they wanted the series to return to Ash being the main star only. Close thing to having pretty much two stars in this series was with Dawn, you had movie 10 where both Ash and Dawn saved the world than movie 11. Though movie 9 did have May kind of get star like role but Ash saved the day in the end, I don't mind myself though I'm an Ash fan so :p

I'm hopping has a big role in the movie at least =/

Yah, remember Dento/Iris are the Misty/Brock of the series, they wanted the series to return to Ash being the main star only. Close thing to having pretty much two stars in this series was with Dawn, you had movie 10 where both Ash and Dawn saved the world than movie 11. Though movie 9 did have May kind of get star like role but Ash saved the day in the end, I don't mind myself though I'm an Ash fan so :p

I'm very well aware of that, and that's why I fear for them to receive the same awful treatment in the upcoming movie. And I don't really want two of the gang to save the day, because that will mean that one will be left out. In The Rise of Darkrai Brock was clearly left out from the action, his job was pretty much only to evacuate the people, while Ash and Dawn stole all of the glory for themselves. That was awful, and I felt so bad for Brock, so that's really nothing that I'd want to see again.

I'd preferably see something like the movies with Manaphy and Jirachi, where both Max and May got to take on the shining role.

I hope Genosect is a co-star and not the actual star of the movie. Personal opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom