• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What system will you play BW2 on?

Which system will you play BW2 on?

• Total voters
My (Japanese) 3DS. I just hope it isn't IP locked, like some of Nintendo's more recent games... (Mario Tennis Open comes to mind.)

I'm playing on my 3DS so I can trade with the first Black version on my DS Lite.

The only reason I would ever play it on my DS Lite is if I can't get C Gear and Streetpass tags at the same time on the 3DS when I'm at conventions.

If you don't mind me asking, is the visual quality of the game good on the 3DS? Does it look a bit better than other DS games do on the system, or is it about the same as other ones?
It actually looks slightly worse, as DS games are enlarged on the 3DS and they lose their crispness. But if you hold START and SELECT while the game is loading up, the game will be made smaller and so they become much, much crisper (and so DS games probably look better on the 3DS than the DS if you use that trick).

My DSlite. I don't really have the money to spent on a new gaming system right now, I'll most likely only get the 3DS once we start getting major Pokémon exclusives in there. Never been too excited about 3D, anyway.

3DS for sure, but I really wish I had a 3DS XL, my hands are way too big for this thing :/

I'll stick with my good ol' DS Lite. I've had it for a long time, and it's my favorite handheld system. I do have a 3DS, and I will play B2W2 on it, but just not right away. I'm still trying to get a comfortable feeling with the 3DS's structure as I hold it, but my old DS Lite has established that a while ago. As I said, I will still play B2W2 on the 3DS, but mainly as a backup, or if I need to trade between myself, but the DS Lite is the winner for me for main play.

Oh, look. I'm in the almost empty DS Phat train. Because that's the newest DS series console I have. I'll get 3DS eventually but for now, yeah, DS Phat.

3DS! I think I'll switch or alternate my White between my DSi and 3DS. The screen quality on the 3DS when I play DS games compared to the DSi is really crappy though. The DSi seems much more clear than the 3DS. D:

Oh, look. I'm in the almost empty DS Phat train. Because that's the newest DS series console I have. I'll get 3DS eventually but for now, yeah, DS Phat.

lol, don't you mean oldest?
Anyway, I'm saving up for a 3DS atm but I may just stick w/ my Lite and buy it once the exclusive stuff starts coming in.

Like Soulweaver, it'll go on my trusty, dusty DS Phat. It may be old and bulky, but it's region-free and works like a charm.

It actually looks slightly worse, as DS games are enlarged on the 3DS and they lose their crispness. But if you hold START and SELECT while the game is loading up, the game will be made smaller and so they become much, much crisper (and so DS games probably look better on the 3DS than the DS if you use that trick).

Yeah, that's what I was referring to. I was wondering that maybe since 3DS connectivity with B2W2 was so encouraged, they may had figured something out to maintain good visual quality on the 3DS without having to do the small-screen trick. But I'm guessing it's technically impossible with a regular DS/DSi cartridge.

I'm going to play it on my 3DS, even though it does mean I won't be able to trade with my White version, because the touch screen on my DS is ruined so it's quite hard to use, and, well, 3DSes are just better than DSes!

Due to region blocking, I have to play my JP White 2 on my DS Lite, but when I get the game in English, other than using the 3DS for AR Searcher, I'll use my DSi.

lol, don't you mean oldest?

No. Read it again. Yes, the newest DS series console I have. I don't have Lite or XL or DSi or 3DS. Well, it also is the oldest DS series console I have, though.

Im planning to buy a 3DS at some point so I can use Pokemon Dream Radar, so I may end up playing B2/W2 on that 3DS since Im probably only getting the English version at this point, I dont have to worry about region locks( though assuming Id bought a japanese copy, I have a DS Lite, so I could play it)

My DS Lite, since the 3DS ruins the graphics of games with sprites. I will use my 3DS for trading purposes and features that only the 3DS can unlock, though.

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom