• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Which was your first game?

Which Was Your First?

• Total voters

Benster404

Reaction score
So i'm curious as to when people first started playing the beautiful game, as i'm guessing there are a lot of people who have probably never played a generation 1 game

You joking me... I was like 8 :p

I honestly can renember, by process of eliminaion either Blue, yellow or ruby. I think Blue

My first game was Pokemon Silver. I rented it often at Blockbusters back in the day, although I don't think I ever figured out how to get the Blackthorn badge in any of the times I rented it. I was so eager to own the game that I kept a paper clip from an newspaper ad in a Pokemon magazine. I got my own copy as a Christmas gift, which was pretty exciting for me and I've been playing Pokemon games ever since.

I can't answer on the poll, so I'll say it here: Pokemon Green (the original). Found it at a used game store that also sold imports. Fell in love with it after five minutes, even if I couldn't read anything at the time.

My first game was Pokemon Diamond. I got into Pokemon after that, and have played Heartgold and Emerald.

The first pokemon games I got were gold and silver on the same day, but I played Silver first

I watched the anime ever since they played Battle Aboard the St. Anne as a sneek peek at the show (this was before even the first episode was played, so I watched the anime from the start!), but I never touched the games until 2000, when my parents got me Gold and Silver

Last edited:
Mine was Platinum! I saw the game after watching a few episodes of the anime while I was sick. I bought it. Then I was hooked.

Pokemon Yellow for me :). My friend across the street had it and showed me; soon after, my mom bought me a Gameboy Color and my own game and I was hooked on Pokemon ever since.

Red. With a couple of friend, we got games for christmas, I got red, while a friend got blue, and another one got yellow. Lots and lots of fun when we got a game link cable, and discovering things, like how to pass through victory road, or the missingno glitch. Good times!!!!.
One years later, GS came out, I got gold, and my the one with yellow got silver, again, lots of fun.

It was Yellow for me. My friend let me try out his Blue game for a few minutes on the bus to school one day, and a I really liked it. After that when Christmas came rolling around that year I asked for a Pokemon game, but don't think I specified since I was eight at the time. At that point Yellow was the most recent game to have come out, and since it was a year after the release of R/B it was the game more likely to be found. Started playing then, and been a fan ever since.

Pokemon Yellow. At the time, all I had was TCG and watched the anime. Then, my friend gave me one of his Game Boy Colors and my dad bought me Pokemon Yellow Version off of eBay. Mind you, this happened around 2006-07.

Pokemon Saphhire, which explains my love for Gen 3 Pokemon and Rayquaza. Those where the days...
I restarted it two times because I was a noob back then, realized the consequences and never re-started any of my Pokemon games again.
Only bought new ones or used the other save file.

Please note: The thread is from 8 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom