• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Bulbapedia Suggestions, ideas, and problems

@SnorlaxMonster, you incorrectly edited Triple Kick's info on Multi-hit Move. 60 is most certainly NOT the average power of the move. It's not even an average to begin with. That's the max power the move can attain, and has a 72.9% chance of happening (0.9 x 0.9 x 0.9). You changed what I had defined Average Power to be for Triple Kick: "*For Triple Kick, Average Power calculates the average total amount of damage from the chance and power of hitting once, twice, or three times, if the move hits in the first place." ...to something entirely different.

You also misunderstood Effective Power. Due to Triple Kick's complex calculation, its EP is not simply AP times Accuracy (as is the case with the other multi-hit moves). Since I needed a friggin' graphing calculator to do the required function*, Triple Kick's EP should be defined as such.

*FYI, if you know these calculators, I can tell you what I did. I put 0, 10, 30, and 60 (the powers) in a list in that order. I then put 0.10, 0.09, 0.081, and 0.729 (their corresponding chances of happening) in another list, in order. Using the 1-Var Stats function, the calculator gave me 47.07 as the average power considering the chance of missing on the first turn. Not considering that (i.e., removing 0 power and its 10% chance, leaving the powers 10, 30, and 60, and the chances 0.10, 0.09, 0.81), the average power is 52.3.

@SnorlaxMonster, you incorrectly edited Triple Kick's info on Multi-hit Move. 60 is most certainly NOT the average power of the move. It's not even an average to begin with. That's the max power the move can attain, and has a 72.9% chance of happening (0.9 x 0.9 x 0.9). You changed what I had defined Average Power to be for Triple Kick: "*For Triple Kick, Average Power calculates the average total amount of damage from the chance and power of hitting once, twice, or three times, if the move hits in the first place." ...to something entirely different.

You also misunderstood Effective Power. Due to Triple Kick's complex calculation, its EP is not simply AP times Accuracy (as is the case with the other multi-hit moves). Since I needed a friggin' graphing calculator to do the required function*, Triple Kick's EP should be defined as such.

*FYI, if you know these calculators, I can tell you what I did. I put 0, 10, 30, and 60 (the powers) in a list in that order. I then put 0.10, 0.09, 0.081, and 0.729 (their corresponding chances of happening) in another list, in order. Using the 1-Var Stats function, the calculator gave me 47.07 as the average power considering the chance of missing on the first turn. Not considering that (i.e., removing 0 power and its 10% chance, leaving the powers 10, 30, and 60, and the chances 0.10, 0.09, 0.81), the average power is 52.3.
The idea is that the average power should not take into account missing, so it should be assumed the move hits each time, which will always result in a power of 60 due to hits of 10, 20, and 30. This is necessary as it is consistent with the other multi-hit moves, where their average power does not take missing into account. When you include missing, it means it is only correct when the attack has an accuracy modification of 0 and the target has an evasion modification of 0, the user has not taken aim, and no Pokemon has No Guard. Simply calculating the average power when you assume the first doesn't miss but the others can... seems strange to me.

The definition of effective power I provided for Triple Kick seems correct to me. All you've done is take into account all 3 accuracy checks.

You don't need a graphics calculator to do it either (although I have one). All you would do is find
<code>(0*0.1)+(10*0.9*0.1)+(30*0.9*0.9*0.1)+(60*0.9*0.9*0.9)</code>
which results in 47.07

To get your 52.3, it would be
<code>(10*0.1)+(30*0.9*0.1)+(60*0.9*0.9)</code>

And what about "Red"? Is his sprite in there too?

Yes, he would have a sprite for there as well.

Also, I'm not mistaken, neither Leaf nor Red have these sprites in Ruby or Sapphire - Red becomes Brendan and Leaf becomes May, since FRLG were released after RS but before Emerald. I could be wrong on this point though.

Cheren's Memory Link battles are "incorrect"

You have his monkey being weak to his starter, and while that actually should be what it is based on B/W, as you can see in this video, Cheren's actually using the monkey that's stronger. Serebii also reports this order.

An old and a reccurring error, it's not mentioned in Shadow Ball article's page, Anime move errors page and Harley's page that Ariados cannot learn Shadow Ball.

1. The games refer to Multi-hit moves as "multi-strike moves." (See the description for Skill Link.) Should the page be renamed to "Multi-strike moves"?

2. Please do not revert any changes I make to the pages of each multi-hit move. I'm painstakingly making them into a standardized format.

1. The games refer to Multi-hit moves as "multi-strike moves." (See the description for Skill Link.) Should the page be renamed to "Multi-strike moves"?
Yes, we should use official terms. Thanks for finding it.

2. Please do not revert any changes I make to the pages of each multi-hit move. I'm painstakingly making them into a standardized format.
I noticed you said this before as well. If your edits are unnecessary or false, they will be reverted regardless of whether or not you want them to be. Even if they are reverted, it is still extremely easy to get them back since page histories are stored.

I noticed you said this before as well. If your edits are unnecessary or false, they will be reverted regardless of whether or not you want them to be. Even if they are reverted, it is still extremely easy to get them back since page histories are stored.
I understand. It was just a warning since I edited each page about a half dozen times, double- and triple-checking to see that everything was standardized and correct. I even found two of the pages to have false information regarding what generation it was that critical hits stopped making each hit do double.

Another warning: I've only done the 2-5 strike moves. I'll try to standardize and add info to the double-strike moves' pages, as well as Triple Kick (and do it in as few edits as possible).

Update: All double-strike moves' pages are standardized. Also added info about Abilities involving contact, items involving contact, and made corrections to all of the multi-strike moves' pages.

Some info is still needed on whether Bide counts just the last hit or all of them. I left it as it was beforehand, but I saw another website that said it counts all of them.

To be 100% complete, the pages and the main Multi-hit Moves page should be updated with ALL relevant info, included the flinching items, etc. I just don't feel like doing that. I pass the torch onto someone else.

Last edited:
I just loaded both the file page & Crobat's page, the file is correctly Ariados on both of them. It's very possible that your browser cache is causing the issue you're having, rather than a problem on our side. I suggest doing a hard refresh of the file page, and see if it loads the image properly or not.

Back
Top Bottom