• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview BW093: The Junior Cup of Farewells and Meetings!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
BW093: 別れと出会いのジュニアカップ!
Translation: The Junior Cup of Farewells and Meetings!
Airing on: September 6, 2012

Confirmed events:
* Shooty won the Junior Cup.
* Shooty's Jalorda VS Adeku's Buffron.

Episode staff:
Screenplay: 冨岡淳広 (Atsuhiro Tomioka)
Storyboard: 浅田裕二 (Yūji Asada)
Assistant director: 川田武範 (Takenori Kawada)
Animation director: 岩根雅明 (Masaaki Iwane)

Last edited:
Farewells and meetings? Maybe this will be the episode where Trip gets replaced by the new rival that was confirmed to appear some time ago? He already achieved his dream of battling Alder, so I can't see what more can be done with his character, other than a Leauge appearance maybe.

Iwane and Tomioka... <<<3333

I know it might be kind of stupid to expect a lot but... Tomioka and Iwane are one of my FAVORITE people and they're badass when it comes to epic shit (SLV Ash/Paul finale, anyone?).

Trip wins the tournament? I think most of us already saw that coming. But I am happy for him.

I hope the farewell is not regarding Dawn!

Iwane and Tomioka... <<<3333

I know it might be kind of stupid to expect a lot but... Tomioka and Iwane are one of my FAVORITE people and they're badass when it comes to epic shit (SLV Ash/Paul finale, anyone?).

Perhaps it's only me but the only reason I'm excited for this episode is because of Iwane - couldn't care less about Trip and his battle with Adeku.

Also, damnit. This means the previous episode with badass Waruvial gets shitty animation. :/

Phew... Trip won =D!

By "farewells", I'm guessing that Dawn's going to vanish (YES!) along with Cynthia, and by "meetings"... Bianca and the new rival? More Elite Four? MARLON?!?

How in the world are they going to make this fill one episode? I guess that's what the ...and meetings is for. Could it be? Why would they put that in now, though? Unless...

I also want to stress that this in no way finishes Trip's character. His primary function is as a rival, and that always amounts to one conclusion: for Ash and him to have one final battle in the League. The way I see it, that's the whole reason why this outcome was so transparent. They had to have Trip remain a threat so we could have our big League battle. (it still does nothing for me, though) What if Trip wins you may ask? You must be one of those people that wants to see Ash win the League, says I. I don't think it's going to happen, but I'm not going to argue over the matter. The status quo has been kept, that's all that matters for now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Farewells and meetings? Maybe this will be the episode where Trip gets replaced by the new rival that was confirmed to appear some time ago? He already achieved his dream of battling Alder, so I can't see what more can be done with his character, other than a Leauge appearance maybe.

He doesn't beat Alder. Common sense will tell you that.

Oh, so does this mean Trip beats Ash? Cool, it's about time he did that again, I never get tired of that.
Hopefully Ash uses Pikachu, though I wouldn't mind if he uses Krookodile. After beating Dragonite, it'll need to be taken down a peg!

I'm glad Trip is facing Alder, this is sure to be very interesting! I can't wait to hear more about his past!

Last edited:
Shooty,The rival Satoshi will never beat ಠ_ಠ

Duh, Trip was going to win. That was the most obvious thing about this tournament. I'm not at all interested in the battle, though. At least Iwane will make it look good.

Expected outcome, which means Satoshi gets his just desserts during the league.

Me? I'm waiting for more moe!Shootie :3

Serperior vs Bouffalant. If this Bouffalant's ability is Sap Sipper, then Trip is screwed.

So, Krookodile vs Dragonite wasn't the final? Interesting...

There are quite a few Pokémon that I'd like to see Serperior squaring off against:

Pikachu and Snivy: due to their current rivalries. Also I'd like to see a proper battle between the two Grass starters. All we've really seen were 1HKOs

Krookodile: He needs a loss after evolving.

Unefezant: Just a battle would be great.

Palpitoad: Same about the battle and a win would be feasible.

Leavanny: This would make the win slightly harder for Trip and we would be able to see a new move rather than 1HKOing with Energy Ball.

I'm assuming that Trip will use Serperior agianst Bouffalant. I doubt that they'll showcase Sap Sipper unless they really want Trip to get screwed up. I think that Trip will still lose, given that all Champions are undefeatable and Trip has little resepect for Alder, which'll just motivate him for the league

Wow. I'm glad that parts over. I had a feeling he would win. But I don't think he'll beat Alder. He just wants to face him just like Ash did. I really want them to do more for Trip than what they have been as far as him and Ash. But his dream has come true as far as Alder is concerned. I'm so happy.^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom