• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Archives Suggestions, ideas, and problems

Speaking of pronunciations, that reminds me that Pokedex 3D Pro includes audio pronunciation for all the Pokemon - the Japanese release even has them for English names. So imo pronunciations are more viable now, but of course we have those ever- present issues with audio files.

Also, in response to your "Who says Game Freak minds" comment. . . we don't know. If they don't mind and we put it up then nothing happens. If they do mind and we put it up, they are well within their rights to shut the entire site down. We cannot put something up just because there is a possibility that they might not mind.
Yeah, I know that... but isn't it possible for you to ask them?

Also, in response to your "Who says Game Freak minds" comment. . . we don't know. If they don't mind and we put it up then nothing happens. If they do mind and we put it up, they are well within their rights to shut the entire site down. We cannot put something up just because there is a possibility that they might not mind.
Yeah, I know that... but isn't it possible for you to ask them?

We have no direct contact with GameFreak nor Nintendo. We have no more of a capacity to ask than any other individual. And if we did ask, honestly I doubt they would say yes.

We have no direct contact with GameFreak nor Nintendo. We have no more of a capacity to ask than any other individual. And if we did ask, honestly I doubt they would say yes.
Now I'm really confuse... isn't that as simple as just sending them an email asking that?
support.pokemon.com I've already asked them. I don't know if that was the right place to do it (and if the answer to the first question is "no"), but for now I'm waiting for an answer. So, could you please tell me if I did the right thing?

Now I'm really confuse... isn't that as simple as just sending them an email asking that?
support.pokemon.com I've already asked them. I don't know if that was the right place to do it (and if the answer to the first question is "no"), but for now I'm waiting for an answer. So, could you please tell me if I did the right thing?

The support email is for if you are having problems with the pokemon.com website. It is not the place to ask that. I also hope you made it clear that you were not asking it on our behalf because you cannot speak for us. We will not be adding theme music to the pages. Full stop. End. of. story.

The support email is for if you are having problems with the pokemon.com website. It is not the place to ask that. I also hope you made it clear that you were not asking it on our behalf because you cannot speak for us. We will not be adding theme music to the pages. Full stop. End. of. story.
Don't worry, I didn't refer you. Yeah, they replied saying that they weren't the responsible ones for that. Ok, let's say end of story until it somehow becomes possible to ask.

cut White Kyurem sprite?

Spr_b_5b2_646W.png
Spr_b_5b2_646W_s.png

I don't know about you guys, but it seems that the user got only quarter parts of White Kyurem sprite.
does anyone know how to get the full sprite?

Re: cut White Kyurem sprite?

Spr_b_5b2_646W.png
Spr_b_5b2_646W_s.png

I don't know about you guys, but it seems that the user got only quarter parts of White Kyurem sprite.
does anyone know how to get the full sprite?

I'm the one who uploaded the sprite, and that was available. I've been told that's all there is of the backsprite in-game. Sprites are limited to a size of 96 x 96. With the arm, it would be too wide. So this wasn't any mistake, or anything personal. It's just the game's sprite.

Ok, so I'm really thinking we (or whoever can) should do a major rearrangement of the movie assets on the archives. The movie posters are scattered at different names, and there is little cohesion between all the images like posters, DVDs, logos

Movie DVDs
File:M?? DVD JP.png
File:M?? DVD US.png
File:M?? DVD AUS.png

Movie Posters
File:M?? teaser poster.png
File:M?? poster JP.png
File:M?? poster EN.png
File:M?? poster KOR.png
File:M?? poster CHI.png

Movie Logos
File:M?? teaser logo.png
File:M?? logo JP.png
File:M?? logo EN.png

Pikachu the Movie Posters and the Pikachu the Movie movie logos
File:pikachu the Movie ?? poster.png
File:pikachu the Movie M??.png

Even the characters could do with a rearrangement. But obviously it would be a big task. Changing links, plus the fact that some of the files are on Bulbanews protected articles. Maybe it's just my OCD but I do think it should be done. While it's up to whoever if they wanted to do it, it would probably be easier to do it before X and Y are released, since there will be lots to do after.

Hey all,

Can anyone explain to me why I can't overwrite this picture? I'm trying to replace Japanese TCG images with English ones, and I was able to do it with other images, but not for Zebstrika (Black and White 43).

28Wa9

Hey all,

Can anyone explain to me why I can't overwrite this picture? I'm trying to replace Japanese TCG images with English ones, and I was able to do it with other images, but not for Zebstrika (Black and White 43).

28Wa9

Well it would let me, so I'm unsure. Try logging in and out again?

The one it let you, you had previously uploaded as a separate file which got merged into the existing one by @Maverick Nate; Because you uploaded it, it lets you replace it with a new image (called reuploading by the software). Because you didn't upload the Zebstrika card image, the software won't let you replace it until you become autoconfirmed. This requires a few uploads and a short time delay, and is to prevent spammers or vandals from replacing existing images with something inappropriate.

Ok, so I'm really thinking we (or whoever can) should do a major rearrangement of the movie assets on the archives. The movie posters are scattered at different names, and there is little cohesion between all the images like posters, DVDs, logos

Movie DVDs
File:M?? DVD JP.png
File:M?? DVD US.png
File:M?? DVD AUS.png

Movie Posters
File:M?? teaser poster.png
File:M?? poster JP.png
File:M?? poster EN.png
File:M?? poster KOR.png
File:M?? poster CHI.png

Movie Logos
File:M?? teaser logo.png
File:M?? logo JP.png
File:M?? logo EN.png

Pikachu the Movie Posters and the Pikachu the Movie movie logos
File:pikachu the Movie ?? poster.png
File:pikachu the Movie M??.png

Even the characters could do with a rearrangement. But obviously it would be a big task. Changing links, plus the fact that some of the files are on Bulbanews protected articles. Maybe it's just my OCD but I do think it should be done. While it's up to whoever if they wanted to do it, it would probably be easier to do it before X and Y are released, since there will be lots to do after.

I've noticed this too, and I think fixing the titles of the movie posters and logos would be a good idea. However, I would also suggest adding EN/JP/etc. to the end of the teaser posters/titles as well (although they will probably only be Japanese).

The only other one that would be difficult to do would be M14 due to being two movies.

Are there any tutorials on how to remove the watermarks from anime screencaps? I'd be happy to upload some if I knew how to get past this problem.

Watermarks are designed to be difficult to remove. Typically you just take the screenshot again.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom