• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

CoroCoro October reveals information regarding new Mystery Dungeon: 'Pokémon Mystery

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulbaBot

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
CoroCoro October reveals information regarding new Mystery Dungeon: 'Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: ...

The October issue of CoroCoro has revealed information regarding the upcoming Nintendo 3DS game, Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Magnagate and the Infinite Labyrinth.

Read more on Bulbanews

Re: CoroCoro October reveals information regarding new Mystery Dungeon: 'Pokémon Myst

I wouldn't be too surprised if Nintendo Direct (the second one tomorrow at 11 PM, not the one in a few minutes, as the latter one will focus on games presumably) has a trailer for this.

Re: CoroCoro October reveals information regarding new Mystery Dungeon: 'Pokémon Myst

I'm really happy about having a new Mystery Dungeon, but I am not pleased with the limitations on player/partner Pokemon.

It's about damn time they announced this. I've been waiting for I don't know how long for a Generation V Mystery Dungeon game.

I'm happy that we're getting a new Mystery Dungeon game, but I'm not as impressed over the players/partners myself. A bit more variety would be nice.

FINALLY!!

O-M-G. ASFAFASDADSA

I'm too excited to say anything more.

It's about damn time they announced this. I've been waiting for I don't know how long for a Generation V Mystery Dungeon game.
You stole my words!! i was going to say the same exact thing!

Start as a Pikachu? I'm sure hoping that you can change. I was looking forward to a gen 5 MD but one of the best aspects of MD for me was being able to take the fun test and determine which Pokemon you were to play as.

What, only Pikachu? Meh.

I'm liking the 3D, though. It's a nice change over the tiny sprites from past games.

About time we get a Gen V Mystery Dungeon game, though the lack of player/partners Pokemon is disappointing.

C'mon! Half the fun is actually getting a Pokémon that matches your personality. Either way, I'm so happy we finally get a new Mystery Dungeon game. I only hope it has a storyline that surpasses the last two, which were very good.

*Sees new PMD game based on Gen 5 that I've been anticipating for awhile now, grows excited.*

*Sees that you start out as Pikachu by default always, has all interest for new game killed instantly.*

Yeah, I'm sorry but... Pikachu is a nice Pokemon and everything, but I don't want to be forced to play as one and only have the very limited few partner Pokemon serve as my 'variety'.

omg Wish I had a 3DS.

omg Wish I had a 3DS.
Should of saved up your pennys huh...Took me 5 months to save up all my pennys to get the Nintendo 3DS but...It was worth it!

"A penny saved is a penny earned"-Benjamin Franklin

A penny I can't save is a bummer- Me just now thinking about a blue 3DS.

Where are people getting that Pikachu is the only playable character? It says that Pikachu is one of the partner options.

To me, it looks like the variety of Pokemon to choose from is considerably smaller, but there's no word on whether or not they got rid of the personality test at the beginning.

A penny I can't save is a bummer- Me just now thinking about a blue 3DS.
Why not Red or Pink(my friend that's a female went with Red)? I went with blue because its my fav color.then I added a skin to it and upgraded the SD card due to the slow read/write speed from the SD card(I went from the 2GB class 2[read/write data at max speed of 2MB/sec] to a 8GB Class 6(read write data at 30MB/sec) from SanDisk because with all the stuff I had on it...Wayyyy to slow...)

Now im going to get the Nintendo 3DS XL because my eyes hurt due to seeing stuff on tiny screens and a 32GB Class 10(read/write data at 45MB/sec SD card from SanDisk Amazon.com: SanDisk Extreme 32 GB SDHC Class 10 UHS-1 Flash Memory Card 45MB/s SDSDX-032G-AFFP: Computers & Accessories(meaning im upgrading the Nintendo 3DS XL to the max) because of me being a disk space hungry guy...

Also think of the Nintendo 3DS as a mini netbook like system due to all the stuff you can do like a netbook can do,you can even make programs on the Nintendo 3DS if you download the right DSi Ware....

Anyways,suport for the Nintendo DS is ending very soon(meaning that soon fewer and fewer games are being made for it) so you better upgrade fast(you cant even buy the Nintendo DS Lite or Nintendo DSi anymore)

....Man!I sound like a advertisement now...

EDIT:http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/members/44155/albums/3473/71929/ (The one on the right sitting on the computer tower is my Nintendo 3DS system)

Double EDIT: Scratch that,Ill have my Nintendo 3DS XL to be the fastest on the planet http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B005LFT3QG

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

I've been waiting a long time for them to make a new PMD game, though I am really disappointed in the fact that many people are stating that the only playable Pokemon is Pikachu, and that their are only 4 other possible Pokemon that can be partners, which not only ruins one of the best parts of the PMD games is the personality test that determines what Pokemon you can become, but it also makes Pikachu more of an attention whore than he already was (in my opinion). We get it, he's the Pokemon franchise's mascot, but do you really need to practically worship him by having him be the main character in all the games that focus more on Pokemon than on trainers, not all Pokemon fans like Pikachu you know, and while we do have 4 other Pokemon we can become, not everyone may like those particular Pokemon...

Regardless, of only 5 Pokemon to choose from to play as, it doesn't give people much variety, I mean, there's 649 different Pokemon to choose from, and the choices given to us (Pikachu, Axew, Snivy, Tepig, and Oshawott) are probably the most generic choices possible for beginning Pokemon, which goes against how the previous PMD games had about 15 or more Pokemon to choose from to play as, giving people much variety. While I understand the game was just announced, it would be nice if there were other possible choices, such as Emolga, Cubchoo, or Mienfoo for example, as the Unova starters and Axew aren't the only Pokemon that exist in Gen 5...

Still, let's be all glad that we're getting a new Mystery Dungeon game, as we may have not gotten one at all...

Where are people getting that Pikachu is the only playable character? It says that Pikachu is one of the partner options.

To me, it looks like the variety of Pokemon to choose from is considerably smaller, but there's no word on whether or not they got rid of the personality test at the beginning.

I've been waiting a long time for them to make a new PMD game, though I am really disappointed in the fact that many people are stating that the only playable Pokemon is Pikachu, and that their are only 4 other possible Pokemon that can be partners, which not only ruins one of the best parts of the PMD games is the personality test that determines what Pokemon you can become, but it also makes Pikachu more of an attention whore than he already was (in my opinion). We get it, he's the Pokemon franchise's mascot, but do you really need to practically worship him by having him be the main character in all the games that focus more on Pokemon than on trainers, not all Pokemon fans like Pikachu you know, and while we do have 4 other Pokemon we can become, not everyone may like those particular Pokemon...

Regardless, of only 5 Pokemon to choose from to play as, it doesn't give people much variety, I mean, there's 649 different Pokemon to choose from, and the choices given to us (Pikachu, Axew, Snivy, Tepig, and Oshawott) are probably the most generic choices possible for beginning Pokemon, which goes against how the previous PMD games had about 15 or more Pokemon to choose from to play as, giving people much variety. While I understand the game was just announced, it would be nice if there were other possible choices, such as Emolga, Cubchoo, or Mienfoo for example, as the Unova starters and Axew aren't the only Pokemon that exist in Gen 5...

Still, let's be all glad that we're getting a new Mystery Dungeon game, as we may have not gotten one at all...

The article has been adjusted, Pikachu isn't the only starter to play as.
Thank you for pointing that out.

Maybe they are just showing Pikachu and the Unova partners for now so they won't spoil who makes the final "cut" of playable/partner characters. Will Skitty be safe? Will Riolu be cut this time? The suspense...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom