• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview BW101: Soryu Gym! Iris VS Shaga!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Musashi

Clap Clap
Reaction score
Airing November 8th.

http://i.imgur.com/UUUNf.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/TJlJU.jpg

TV Tokyo preview translation:

Satoshi and friends have arrived at Soryu City. It's been decided that Iris will battle the Soryu Gym Leader, Shaga, and she's full of fighting spirit. But when she thinks of Shaga, she can't calm down. To calm her mind, Iris climbs the Soryu City's steel tower to vent her frustration. There, she meets her dorm mother from her days at the Soryu Academy and the academy's Axe Jaw Pokemon, Onondo. Through the reunion, new feelings are ignited in Iris.

When it first battled Shaga, Doryuzu closed his heart from Iris as he was opposed to her self-indulgence..... This time, they'll win through their combination! Iris uses her full power and faces Shaga! The Subterrene Pokemon Doryuzu has a revenge battle against the Axe Jaw Pokemon Ononokusu! Just what will happen!?

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Iris vs. Shaga

just some info from the scan: as a child iris went to souryuu city to study to be a dragon master and got into school, but couldn't adapt to a classroom enviroment. shaga went to ask for help from the old woman of the dragon village. shaga hoped iris would become very strong one day.

I hope that this episode will shed some light on where the Dragon Village is in relation to Unova. All we know from the games is that it is in another region that is part of the same country.

How will Opelucid City be depicted? Will it look nothing like either one of its game versions?

Edit from Dogasu: Not everyone's played B2W2 yet, so I've put spoiler tags around your comments.

Last edited by a moderator:

ASFSAFASFSAFASGASGASAF IRIS IS WEARING A SCHOOL UNIFORM SHE'S SO CUTE

Wow, I'm so super excited for this battle, or rather this episode overall. Great to see that Dragonite isn't stealing away Haxorus from Excadrill, but insteads get to battle Druddigon. I only hope that Axew will get to have a battle too, even though it probably will be very one-sided. I seriously can't wait.

I just won't be able to get past Iris using Dragonite in this battle with almost no time in between these episodes for her to properly resolve/train it. Hopefully it goes away after this episode to be trained by Drayden.

I'm really excited to see Shaga in the anime in real time as compared to a flash back, and I'm curious as to how the city will be depicted.

Nice to see that she's going to use Doryuzu for this battle, especially.

So...the OTHER thing we've been waiting this whole saga for. Now the circle is complete. Everything the intro showed us has come to pass.

We all knew it was going to happen eventually, after all, this was foreshadowed for months now. It's nice we get to see Excadrill battle again, as it's been a while since we last saw him, but it's nice for a change of pace after the constant Dragonite-fest that's been going on for the past few episodes.

So...the OTHER thing we've been waiting this whole saga for. Now the circle is complete. Everything the intro showed us has come to pass.

All that's left is the league, and we're done with Unova completely, but then what will happen next (asides from the obvious "Gen 6" answer)...

Last edited:

I hope that Iris vs. Drayden will be a 3-on-3 battle, and that the third pokemon she will be using is Axew.

You would think that the person who was indirectly responsible for giving Iris her Axew would want to battle that said Axew.

Still not entirely sure what battling Drayden with Excadrill says about Iris' "Dragon Master" goal. I suppose Excadrill battling Haxorous takes precedence over Axew battling Drayden. Technically would have made more sense if it was Axew/Dragonite vs Druddigon/Haxorous. Poor Axew, will he ever get used in a serious battle again? Last one he was in was over 50 episodes ago.

It makes sense as to why she's using Doryuz: Shaga saw how strong it could be when it first evolved and battled his Haxorus. Now he can see how far Iris has gone. But I still hope for an Axew battle. If not, it learning Giga Impact would feel pointless.

It makes sense as to why she's using Doryuz: Shaga saw how strong it could be when it first evolved and battled his Haxorus. Now he can see how far Iris has gone. But I still hope for an Axew battle. If not, it learning Giga Impact would feel pointless.

Yeah, but still...what would, hypothetically speaking, beating Haxorous with Excadrill say about Iris' "Dragon Master" goal? Axew is being relegated to the sidelines again (isn't that like, her main goal? XD), and her "spoon-fed" powerhouse, that she really hasn't put much work into or trained is being used here as well. Granted, Excadrill and Dragonite being used here does make sense. But, IMO, it would have had alot more meaning if she had trained up both Axew and Dragonite(from Dratini/Dragonair) to make her potential victory here have more meaning.

I believe a group "Called it!" is in order :-D

Watch Iris lose and then Drayden take away her Dragonite for training, lol.

Watch Iris lose and then Drayden take away her Dragonite for training, lol.

I don't know about him taking Dragonite away but it would be cool if Drayden seens her off somewhere to train. Dragons Den or something like that would be perfect for her. She really does need the training.

She's in the episode after this, so any training would have to be done post league.

just some info from the scan: as a child iris went to souryuu city to study to be a dragon master and got into school, but couldn't adapt to a classroom enviroment. shaga went to ask for help from the old woman of the dragon village. shaga hoped iris would become very strong one day.

Comictic must have happen in the classroom. Iris had to go to school O_O

How boring. Ash doesn't get to battle Dray, but guess who does. -__-

I thought challenging gym trainers was Ash's goal? What does Iris have to do with them?

Drayden better win or I'm going to be pissed. The gym leaders in Unova have been walk overs. Hopefully Drayden won't be like the others.

Iris will lose when she is going to be afard to fight him

I thought challenging gym trainers was Ash's goal? What does Iris have to do with them?

If it were any other gym, I'd agree with you. But Iris and Shaga have a backstory. While it's a bit disappointing that Satoshi isn't the one challenging him, in this case, I think Iris' battle against him will mean more, especially in that Satoshi already has all of the badges required for the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom