• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review "Pokemon Radio Show!" Episode 013 Review Thread (Sept 23rd, 2012) - TROLOLOL

Musashi

Clap Clap
Reaction score
Yeah, that's the best title I can come up with after listening to 30 minutes of what the fuck.

The show starts off with another Little Red Riding Hood parody... but wait, who is the narrator? And who's playing Little Red riding Hood? Why... It's Yamato and Kosanji! The two then start their version of the motto and the show begins. Nyasu asks where Musashi and Kojiro are, and I didn't catch what they said to that. They then go to break.

After they get back it's time for the special guests. Today they are... Megumi Hayashibara and Miki Shinichiro! They do their little rap intro, but then they both start talking to Nyasu... to wake him up! Yes, the whole show up to this point has been a dream Nyasu was having. Musashi said on Twitter about 30 minutes before the show started that he was sleeping. They then switch into the drawing segment.

Musashi

A3eDmiVCEAAbXeQ.jpg:large

A3eEIbeCAAA8ozD.jpg:large

Kojiro

A3eDSRDCUAEs3ds.jpg:large

A3eEtDPCQAAe6JE.jpg:large

Nyasu

A3eDgkuCQAAclGg.jpg:large

A3eEfJACUAAqAmD.jpg:large

After that they go to their final commercial break. When they get back they do another sound quiz that's super easy. Then this happened:

A3eF8pZCcAAMByD.jpg:large

A3eGLqKCQAAMEi8.jpg:large

A3eGgTYCAAETdOk.jpg:large
Yeah, I have no clue either.

After their song stuff is over they get a phone call from... Sakaki! He informs them that their radio show will end and they'll do TV activity from now on. Kojiro asks if they're going to catch Pikachu like in the old days, and Sakaki lets out an evil chuckle and hangs up...

The TRio, of course, are very happy about this new development and do their usual sign off. The only difference is that instead of saying "Victory!" at the end they say "Come back!". Whatever the heck that means. Come back to the TV show again because we'll actually be doing stuff?

And so after 13 amazing episodes, "Pokemon Radio Show! Rocket-dan's Secret Empire" comes to a close. I guess we'll see over the next two weeks what the future holds for the TRio and the organization as a whole.

I managed to catch bits and pieces of this.

During the opening drama, the narrator refers to the Little Red Riding Hood character as "Kasshidii" (Cassidy).

Later on, Kojirou and Nyasu think Musashi's drawn Takeshi before she tells them that it's actually a drawing of Hikozaru.

Was Cassidy and Butch's motto the original version or the Sinnoh version?

Yeah, it was the Kanto version of their motto.

The podcast version of this episode is atrocious, by the way. It's only six minutes long; all that's left in is the opening drama (minus the motto), the 30 second introduction rap that Hayashibara Megumi and Shin'ichirou Miki did, Nyasu waking up and learning that this is the last episode of the show, and Sakaki's phone call to the trio.

I mean, I'm not too upset about losing the drawing pokemon segment (it actually makes for pretty boring radio), but I don't see why they couldn't have left just about everything else in. There's some licensed music used, sure, but wouldn't you think that's something the show's lawyers could have easily worked out, especially since they knew a podcast version of this show was coming?

Well, it wasn't the best of the episodes, but it's going to be sad to miss this show now that it's over, It was fun while it lasted.

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom