• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

DP 55 Title

Yeah.

But I really don't understand the writers. Why can't they just make Satoshi catch more Pokemon in Shin'ou instead of walking with his "big six" and never changing his squad. If he caught some more Pokemon in Shin'ou, the show would be better, more interesting and Satoshi would be stronger. But a mysterious force (called stupidity) doesn't allow writers to do so.

It's hard enough for the writers to handle 6 Pokémon at a time and make them all have personality and be interesting and also get some development and not neglect some for the others
Why make it worse with getting more than 6 ? do we need another Kingler and Muk? if he needs more than 6 there are tons of Pokémon (some of them also never used in years) that wait for him

You know, it could be a trade that ends up in a trade back, and that would be their "respective paths"; staying with their original trainer.

I don't care either way, because we'll be seeing each pokémon for the same amount of time they usually have probably and I never really associated either with a "OMG MUST HAVE" slot.

You know, it could be a trade that ends up in a trade back, and that would be their "respective paths"; staying with their original trainer

So all that more than a year building was for nothing?... no
It's just like those who can't admit Ash will get Chimchar and think Paul will get it back (thats even more stupid as the summaries confirm how Chimchar has like a trauma from Paul as it afraid Ash will react like Paul to its lose)

I dunno, Piplup! It's still a possbility. The writers of Pokemon have a great long history of building things up and concluding them in a ridiculously disappointing manner. I still think they've got it in them, even if they have been getting a little better about it.

I dunno, Piplup! It's still a possbility. The writers of Pokemon have a great long history of building things up and concluding them in a ridiculously disappointing manner. I still think they've got it in them, even if they have been getting a little better about it.

SB! ^_^
I think people should understand that the writers nowdays are MUCH better than what they used to be
And I think since they builded that for more than a year and before DP even started this trade will be permament
Though it is disappointing that while Aipom got to battle in two gyms Buizel didn't even get the chance to try a contest and not to mention the combination of Aqua Jet + Ice Beam... maybe they really won't trade but only bring up the idea to trade? It could be the best in my opinion to let Fantina suggest the trade after her gym battle with Ash and after she see Dawn with Buizel at the contest

Yeah, I can see this be connected to the Heathrome arc when they return

Yeah, I can see this be connected to the Heathrome arc when they return

So if they'll really only bring the idea at this episode but actually trade only in Hearthome... months of useless stupid speculations! how will we survive with so many tsukaenai yatsu out there who will make this wait even more irritating?! (and while talking about tsukaenai yatsu... I want Paul to reappear as soon as possible to get him see Ash and Chimchar and hopefully Chimchar will also kill him as revenge or at least to see some interactions between them... do Paul even knows Ash catch his Chimchar?)

But I'd like it if eventually they'll do exactly what I speculated at my thread about this trade (I'm still can't believe how I happened to open this thread at the same time exactly as the title was revelaed XD)
This way before the trade it'll be that both Pokémon tried more than once their trainer and the other trainers' thing and they should be more than sure what they want to do that time

It actually makes sense to do an episode some months before the actual trade that will make the characters seriously consider the trade and also inform their Pokémon to let everyone be ready for the trade

What an exciting season so far.

While speculating, I would've supposed that:
1. Most likely (at this point) a Aipom/Biuzel trade
2. Maybe they just evolve
3. Something else happens

Whatever happens, I suggest people stop complaining. So what if Ash has the Grass/Water/Fire combo that's been there since Kanto? There's other things about DP to keep you happy.

About the evolution... don't you think have both Aipom and Buizel suddenly evolve at the same episode will be exaggerated? not to mention Buizel is strong enough and we didn't get to see a lot of it so it shouldn't evolve so fast
And Aipom need first to learn that attack... is it called double Hit? I think...

I doubt that Ash would trade his Aipom because Aipom loves Ash too much. It can't stand a minute without him. It followed him to Sinnoh. Ash's only Pokemon that likes him more is probably Pikachu and maybe Bayleef.

Also, Ash never trades his Pokemon. He may give them away or set them free, but he has never once actually traded one. Remember how sad Ash was when he traded off Butterfree for Ratticate. He couldn't stand to see him go. So, he traded the Ratticate back for it. The same thing may happen in this episode. Ash and Dawn would probably miss there Pokemon and trade back by the end of the episode.

They can't miss them because they'll be together whether they'll trade or not
Also you should read my thread with all the hints and my explanations for the against arguments

Also, Ash never trades his Pokemon. He may give them away or set them free, but he has never once actually traded one. Remember how sad Ash was when he traded off Butterfree for Ratticate. He couldn't stand to see him go. So, he traded the Ratticate back for it. The same thing may happen in this episode. Ash and Dawn would probably miss there Pokemon and trade back by the end of the episode.

Season 1 =/= Season 10
Season 1 =/= Season 10
Season 1 =/= Season 10
Season 1 =/= Season 10
Season 1 =/= Season 10

Why are you bringing up an episode from over 10 years ago during the beginning stages of the anime? What does that have to do with Ash's character now?

Season 1 =/= Season 10
Season 1 =/= Season 10
Season 1 =/= Season 10
Season 1 =/= Season 10
Season 1 =/= Season 10

Why are you bringing up an episode from over 10 years ago during the beginning stages of the anime? What does that have to do with Ash's character now?

Ash probably is still against trades but this is a totally different case
The Butterfree/Raticate trade was stupid for no reason at all and seemed like Pokémon are items that you can trade
This case they'll trade to make those Pokémon happy and not prevent them from doing what they want to

That same Butterfree people bring up as an excuse against the trade actually proves the trade should happen because Ash will agree to give up his Pokémon if they'll be happier that way (like with Butterfree) and Dawn proved she is the same as Ash about that (like with Pachirisu)

Ash probably is still against trades but this is a totally different case
The Butterfree/Raticate trade was stupid for no reason at all and seemed like Pokémon are items that you can trade
This case they'll trade to make those Pokémon happy and not prevent them from doing what they want to

That same Butterfree people bring up as an excuse against the trade actually proves the trade should happen because Ash will agree to give up his Pokémon if they'll be happier that way (like with Butterfree) and Dawn proved she is the same as Ash about that (like with Pachirisu)
That might actually happen, but I bet that their Pokemon would want to be back with their original trainers. Like I said earlier, Aipom loves Ash. It wouldn't want to leave him just so it can enter contests. That's why it always steal his hat. It's because it likes him, not Dawn.
Season 1 =/= Season 10
Season 1 =/= Season 10
Season 1 =/= Season 10
Season 1 =/= Season 10
Season 1 =/= Season 10

That trade is what made Ash against trades. For 10 years he was against trades. Why should he be for it now?

Let me ask those who say it'll happen a question.

What makes any of you think that they'll accept this trade, like nothing ever happened. If possible, Aipom and Buizel might be a little hesitant about adapting to their new trainers, especially if the trainers themselves are a little uncomfortable.

A lot of you are saying this trade will happen, end of story. No development, just "Oh, they're still on the main team, so nothing's changed." Uhh...no. Sorry, that's not how the cookie crumbles, chief.

I doubt that Ash would trade his Aipom because Aipom loves Ash too much. It can't stand a minute without him. It followed him to Sinnoh.

Yet where has this crush gone since the battle frontier? Aipom has showed no signs of "loving" Ash since they got on sinnoh shores, which makes me wonder where it went, and it's stupid to use it as an argument against the possible trade when it's not there to use.

Wether or not it happens is up to the writers people. Hopefully this episode will either have have the trade go down, or put it to pasture..of course I just hope it's dealt with when this episode airs cause we don't need this prolonged any further than it has been.

What makes any of you think that they'll accept this trade, like nothing ever happened. If possible, Aipom and Buizel might be a little hesitant about adapting to their new trainers, especially if the trainers themselves are a little uncomfortable.

Let me ask you something, do you really think Ash and Dawn are not gonna think about it, and just spontainiously trade for no reason? It's not gonna be a spur of the moment decision if it goes down, and if it happens the two of them and the pokemon will have consent on the matter.

A lot of you are saying this trade will happen, end of story. No development, just "Oh, they're still on the main team, so nothing's changed." Uhh...no. Sorry, that's not how the cookie crumbles, chief.

Those who constantly try to argue and deny the trade have no room to really be talking either, it could happen, and wether it does or not the outcome should be accepted.

Last edited:

QFT.

I'll just wait and see what happens by then, if they trade, they trade. If they don't, they don't. Buizel/Aipom will be Oaked by the time Sinnoh's over for Ash and Aipom/Buizel will be gone with Dawn by the time Sinnoh's over. Either way, these Pokemon have 3 years left. Hopefully these episodes kick D/P into full gear.

For 10 years he was against trades. Why should he be for it now?

Prove that he kept the same attitude all this time. Show us proof before making baseless claims like that. If he was so adamant against trading Pokemon, he wouldn't have tried to help Benny(?) find a trading partner for his Wobbuffet.

And besides, the situation is obviously completely different, so I have no idea why it was brought up in the first place. Trading Butterfree would mean he'd never see it again. Trading Aipom would still allow him to see it all the time, obviously.
Are we watching the same show? You know, the show where it's been proven time and time again over the years that the main characters' Pokemon have no problems battling for others in the main group besides their trainers?

Man people, seriously...if you want to present any evidence to prove that this trade is out of character or it won't happen or whatever, at least think a little before you make yourself look stupid.

Last edited:
Let me ask you something, do you really think Ash and Dawn are not gonna think about it, and just spontainiously trade for no reason? It's not gonna be a spur of the moment decision if it goes down, and if it happens the two of them and the pokemon will have consent on the matter.

No, but you've changed nothing from what I said.

Geodude said:
Are we watching the same show? You know, the show where it's been proven time and time again over the years that the main characters' Pokemon have no problems battling for others in the main group besides their trainers?

There's a difference between borrowing a Pokemon and giving it to the trainer premanently, especially to one who's at risk of leaving the show.

Just because it's happening, doesn't mean it'll stay that way.

Please note: The thread is from 16 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom