• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

DP 55 Title

I haven't really noticed any sort of pattern for the rest of the staff, except that Atsuhiro Tomioka (冨岡淳広) seems to write a lot of the more important episodes.

No surprise, he's basically the lead writer (シリーズ構成 = series organisation) for DP.

Gah...*shoots self*. Looks like this trade may happen afterall. *sigh*, make this the 2nd story decision of DP that I don't like. I hope this ends up not being a trade, but if it is...oh well *splat*.

The most annoying thing about this is that all those vocal Ash/Buizel fans from before have the chance to say "I told you so". All the wankiness over Dawn catching it was weird enough, now what's going to happen...?

I find it hilarious that first people were COMPLAINING that Dawn caught Buizel instead of Ash, and now they're COMPLAINING *again* that Dawn is now trading Buizel with Ash.

But it's not the same people complaining about both issues (at least I think. If it is, then yeah, that is kind of dumb)

Ash is not going to trade aipom as Aipom adores Ash so no way there gonna trade, its probly gonna be a battle episode

That might actually happen, but I bet that their Pokemon would want to be back with their original trainers. Like I said earlier, Aipom loves Ash. It wouldn't want to leave him just so it can enter contests. That's why it always steal his hat. It's because it likes him, not Dawn.

That trade is what made Ash against trades. For 10 years he was against trades. Why should he be for it now?

Did you read my thread? I don't want to repeat myself for the 4365436 time -_-
Yeah Ash is so cruel that he'll prevent Aipom from doing what it wants to and what's better for it just like how he did so to Butterfree Pidgeot Charizard Squirtle Primeape and Lapras
Sure
Ash never care about his Pokémon and only care about himself so it's obvious the trade won't happen! and Dawn is even more cruel than Ash and Paul together and she'll force Buizel to participate at every contest even if it won't like it at all and will beg to battle gym leaders

Makes sense

What makes any of you think that they'll accept this trade, like nothing ever happened. If possible, Aipom and Buizel might be a little hesitant about adapting to their new trainers, especially if the trainers themselves are a little uncomfortable.

I'm sure I also explained this in my thread... this obviously won't be a simple case of "hey want to trade?!" "sure!" but they'll talk with their Pokémon and decide together what to do

I would prefer Aipom staying with Ash in the end, because it likes to take his hat away and stuff.

Whether they'll trade or not Aipom can still like Ash (and at the same time can also like Dawn) and still take Ash's hat

I just want to see Buizel in a Contest and see how it does.

I hope to see it in a contest too
Hopefully they'll only bring the idea in this episode and will decide currently not to trade but try and work with their Pokémon for it but eventually in Hearthome after the gym and contest they'll understand they just can't change what their Pokémon like and with another suggestion for a trade this time from Fantina they'll finally agree and permamently trade
It may be annoying to wait until we'll be done with Hearthome to find out for fact if the trade will happen or not but it's better in my opinion despite all the stupid speculations that we'll get until than

Ash is not going to trade aipom as Aipom adores Ash so no way there gonna trade, its probly gonna be a battle episode

It's so in character for Ash to force Aipom not to do contests!

It's so in character for Ash to force Aipom not to do contests!

Ash not trading away Aipom =/= not letting her do contests, though I do see what you're getting at.

The entire situation is so fishy.
Aipom let herself get caught (or followed him around due to affection and eventually let him battle her in order to get caught, whatever sounds better) by Ash, so obviously she wouldn't let herself get traded away so easily. It's just a matter of whether she prefers contests over Ash or not, which for the tme being is kinda hard to define. Then again, if she really did prefer contests over him, I doubt she would've been with him for this long.

However, where she to finally show more care for competing in contests, I'm 100% definite that he'd give her the chance to fulfill her dream without thinking twice. Again, though, she has yet to show such a strong feeling for contests that she'd willingly leave Ash.

This is why I find this to be a very difficult situation. It could go either way.

Also, I'm unsure whether Buizel respects Ash or not to willingly be traded to him. Sure, it's not like Buizel showed any obvious signs of disrespect, but it's not like it showed anything of the opposite either, like showing great interest in Ash's battles (then again, has it ever gotten the chance for that? I don't recall, but the writers should've given it such chances to build up for the trade more obviously. Meh) or such like that. Only that one battle the E4 member had on TV.
Not to mention how Dawn has shown great dislike about lending Pokémon of one another, which I believe could also be related to trading, though I know that's stretching it a little. Then again, Ash wasn't phased waaay back about trading Butterfree just for the sake of trading, but this case wouldn't be of such, so.. Hm.

Personally, I've hoped that with Aipom's and Buizel's respective quirks of interest it would be a great challenge regarding training for Ash and Dawn to see how to integrate contest battling into gym battles and reverse (which Ash already does, battle-wise anyway). Buizel is one brutal dude, and that's not accepted much in contest battles, so I've hoped for some good training episodes with Dawn trying to prove Buizel that there are other ways of battling, but alas I guess we may get the 'simple' solution of just trading them so everything would be easy peasy and no more thoughts brought into that, except the emotional parts like with Aipom's feelings for Ash as mentioned above.

Ah well, it's not like I'd be upset if a trade would happen. I'm the more curious as to how the writers will make this sensible due to reasons already mentioned.

Hm, I ranted too much~

Possible that what-her-name from Hearthrome Gym will make a cameo and further instruct Ash/Dawn.

Possible that what-her-name from Hearthrome Gym will make a cameo and further instruct Ash/Dawn.

Melissa/Fantina. Suffice it to say, if Zoey's around for when she finally appears, her reaction to that particular gym leader should be interesting to see.

Side Note: Has anyone noticed that Ash has to yet to bring up his gym battle against *Top Coordinator* Juan of Sootopolis City in his conversations with Zoey? Now that I think about it, that strikes me as odd(given that she's repeatedly claimed that contest competition and gym battling are completely different realms, and that seemingly no one has dared try to counter that argument).

The writers sure want to get away from AG, don't they(even at the potential cost of getting away from what made AG great along with escaping its flaws)?

Ash not trading away Aipom =/= not letting her do contests

But Ash clearly said to Kenny he won't enter more contests... and just like how Dawn doesn't steal his spotlight in gyms he shouldn't do that to her on contests

But I guess it is possible Ash will change his mind and enter only one or two more contests for Aipom if Aipom will really cry about that or he might loan it to Kenny that showed interest in Ash once he found Ash is a gym challenger and also Dawn was surprised Kenny is a coordinator so maybe he'd like to try and use for a contest a gym challenger's Pokémon (and I hope they'll explain what exactly is with him... does he originally intended to go for gyms but something cause him to change his mind? or might he still want to do gyms but was forced or from any other reason decided to not do that but contests instead?)

Also despite what I just said about how Ash won't enter more contests I think it is possible he'll enter the next Hearthome contest (if there is) if he'll know the gym leader is also participating (but we can't be sure Fantina will participate even if they'll do another contest there) and DP41 might of hinted he'll use there Pikachu and Aipom (he used them in a contest battle training against Dawn with Buneary and Buizel)

Aipom let herself get caught (or followed him around due to affection and eventually let him battle her in order to get caught, whatever sounds better) by Ash, so obviously she wouldn't let herself get traded away so easily. It's just a matter of whether she prefers contests over Ash or not, which for the tme being is kinda hard to define. Then again, if she really did prefer contests over him, I doubt she would've been with him for this long.

Maybe if from the beginning it already know Ash do gyms and May contests it'd go with May? It likes Ash but it'll still be with him and the only difference will be that it'll be able to do contests
And Aipom even agreed to temporarily join Jessie just to participate in one unofficial contest despite it knows she is "evil" and constantly trying to steal from its trainer and despite how Ash clearly was against that

but it's not like it showed anything of the opposite either, like showing great interest in Ash's battles (then again, has it ever gotten the chance for that? I don't recall, but the writers should've given it such chances to build up for the trade more obviously. Meh) or such like that. Only that one battle the E4 member had on TV.

And we should count that whole Lucian episode as a hint... also I think the new summaries clearly say that Buizel prefers battles than contests
And since Buizel lost to Bronzong and they like to have Pokémon lose and than get "revenge" and win being traded to Ash and assuming he'll challenge the E4 like it seems than Buizel will be able to defeat Bronzong

Also why Dawn didn't say to Lucian she's a coordinator? and Lucian taught her she can't expect Buizel to battle like she wants but she need to understand how Buizel wants to battle.... the episode before proved contest style confuse Buizel and that it is much better with its own style that seems better for gyms
How will Dawn use Buizel for a contest if she must battle the way it wants and otherwise it'll disobey? it won't agree to battle like she wants as proved by that episode

Not to mention how Dawn has shown great dislike about lending Pokémon of one another

And thats exactly the reason to why they'll trade instead of lending them (and Ash also seems to not like using others' Pokémon)
Trading = make those Pokémon their's officially (to say they won't be their Pokémon is as stupid as saying Wobbuffet isn't Jessie's)

Awe man I'm excited about this. I personally think the ending to the title means the trainers should respect there discsion on switching trainers. Besides they'll get to see there owners any ways and get to be in what they want to be. I'm sorry but I think this trade will be perminate.

Side Note: Has anyone noticed that Ash has to yet to bring up his gym battle against *Top Coordinator* Juan of Sootopolis City in his conversations with Zoey? Now that I think about it, that strikes me as odd(given that she's repeatedly claimed that contest competition and gym battling are completely different realms, and that seemingly no one has dared try to counter that argument).

Probably because that's too far in the past. There's virtually no reason to bring up a Hoenn Gym leader in D/P. I can see why the writers wouldn't do that, or perhaps they might not even remember.

And thus we see the conclusion to all the "hints" of a trade, including...Aipom liking contests and Buizel being more of a battler? And...and...wait, what other "evidence" was there?

And also thus, all hope of Ash getting anything resembling a unique team this region is lost. Huzzah for the mundane! I suppose that opens up his "filler Pokemon" slot for something new, at least.

The sad thing is, I bet the writers think that having TWO MAIN CHARACTERS TRADE POKEMON will be an amazing novelty for the audience. Meh, give me Ash with a Magnezone or something any day.

Not that we really see Aipom enough for me to care about what happens to it, but it'd be a shame for Buizel to go to Ash after Dawn put forth the most effort to catch it. It seemed pretty set to be her battling round Pokemon, too. I wonder what she'll end up using instead of it? I suppose if Piplup evolves it'd be an obvious choice, but we already had something like that with May.

Of course, we could have no trade happening, but strangely enough, titles like this usually make it blatently obvious what's going to happen before we even get a summary. It's funny like that.

but it'd be a shame for Buizel to go to Ash after Dawn put forth the most effort to catch it. It seemed pretty set to be her battling round Pokemon, too.

I totally agree. This is currently my main reason for disliking this situation, because it makes some of the previous Dawn/Buizel episodes pointless. Having a trade totally ruins what was cool about the capture episode (they built it up like Ash was going to catch it...then it went to Dawn. Now they're just going to give it to Ash anyway?), it makes the Lucian episode pointless (why create an entire episode devoted to teaching Dawn how to control Buizel if it's just going to be traded before it even gets to enter a contest?), and it also makes the training Buizel recieved in the double performance episode useless. Did the writers just throw these things in as "Red Herrings" to confuse us, or was it just poor writing? Couldn't they at least wait to let her use it in ONE contest? Or maybe have the trade occur in late Shinou, or maybe in the filler saga.

They haven't even completly established the groundwork that would be needed to justify Buizel going to Ash. We've seen, blatantly, that Aipom likes contests, and we know they are something it can't get from Ash, but so far all they've done with Buizel is show it likes battling, in and of itself, something that it COULD get from being with Dawn. They havn't established for it a dislike of "contest battles" yet.

I'd like to propose a rather radical suggestion, just out of the blue. What if Ash gave Aipom to Dawn WITHOUT a trade? Yeah I know, wild and crazy, but would that really be any weirder than some of the other stuff that's happened so far? At least then it wouldn't negate the previous development Dawn and Buizel have recieved.

*sigh*. Maybe the suckiest part about this episode is we won't see it for like, a zillion years, lol. We've got 4 episodes between the current episode and this one, and there might be more evil breaks ><. We probably won't see this till December.

Well could mark something which has never been done before in Pokemon anime history (trade between two main characters).

And thus we see the conclusion to all the "hints" of a trade, including...Aipom liking contests and Buizel being more of a battler? And...and...wait, what other "evidence" was there?

Check my thread to see the list of hints

And also thus, all hope of Ash getting anything resembling a unique team this region is lost. Huzzah for the mundane! I suppose that opens up his "filler Pokemon" slot for something new, at least.

We shouldn't care for the types (that won't really make THAT big difference) if he get Pokémon in new interesting ways that we didn't see before like catch a Pokémon released by his rival and main characters trading

The sad thing is, I bet the writers think that having TWO MAIN CHARACTERS TRADE POKEMON will be an amazing novelty for the audience. Meh, give me Ash with a Magnezone or something any day.

It's not only the fact this is the first main characters' trade but also all the development that is going to be after the trade
It's obvious the only reason they made Aipom so like Ash is to make Aipom's choise of Ash/contests be more hard for it and more interesting
And than both Aipom and Buizel will have to get along with their new trainers and they can continue to develope it

Like with Chimchar the writers are slowly building things this time that are going to lead into interesting fresh things that we never got to see before and that will continue to get developed
We should thank writers instead of complain about everything

Not that we really see Aipom enough for me to care about what happens to it, but it'd be a shame for Buizel to go to Ash after Dawn put forth the most effort to catch it.

Ash also really wanted it though... and Dawn obviously will want to best for her Pokémon as proved when she released Pachirisu

It seemed pretty set to be her battling round Pokemon, too.

Despite how contest battle style confused it? despite how it's battle style is MUCH better suited for gyms? it was obvious they'll trade from the moment she catch it
Also before anyone say she could work with Buizel the Lucian episode proved Dawn can't battle like she wants with Buizel but she need to uderstand how it wants to battle and let it battle that way otherwise it'll disobey
So how would Dawn use it in a contest? its style isn't good for contests and if she'll try to battle the way she wants it'll disobey!

Why everyone ignore this very important fact? they clearly said Buizel will disobey if Dawn won't battle how it wants to and also that its style isn't good for contests

I wonder what she'll end up using instead of it?

What do you mean? she'll use all of her Pokémon for both rounds obviously
She doesn't need a Pokémon to be used mainly for one of the rounds

Having a trade totally ruins what was cool about the capture episode (they built it up like Ash was going to catch it...then it went to Dawn. Now they're just going to give it to Ash anyway?)

Again that was an obvious hint of the trade... the writers made it clear they'll trade and some decided to believe the hints but some others just can't accept this and ignore all of those hints

it makes the Lucian episode pointless (why create an entire episode devoted to teaching Dawn how to control Buizel if it's just going to be traded before it even gets to enter a contest?)

This episode might only bring the idea of a trade and they'll trade later so hopefully we'll get to see it in a contest before they'll trade
I already explained about the Lucian episode - it actually proved Dawn won't be able to use it in a contest

and it also makes the training Buizel recieved in the double performance episode useless.

If they'll trade later and not in 55 than she might use Buneary/Buizel with the Aqua Jet + Ice Beam combination in Hearthome's next contest (if there is)
Or she might do it in a tag battle with Ash

Did the writers just throw these things in as "Red Herrings" to confuse us, or was it just poor writing?

"poor writing"? call that how must of the other Pokémon were caught
At least with Chimchar and Aipom/Buizel they are building things and developing it slowly and use fresh ideas
Some of you just can't accept this and now turn the hints to "poor writing"... yeah right

Couldn't they at least wait to let her use it in ONE contest?

On that I must agree... hopefully they'll do it like I wanted and they'll trade only when they'll be done with Hearthome with the suggestion of Fantina
until than buizel sure will participate at least in one contest and probably wll be used for the battles with buneary at Hearthome like she originally planned

They havn't established for it a dislike of "contest battles" yet.

I think Sushi said the summary confirms Buizel prefers regular/gym battles than contest battles

and there might be more evil breaks

No breaks
It'll air on 15.11

The episode before this is highly possible to have James and Gardenia trading... and they love to make episodes connected now (like how the Raichu episode introducted berries for DP and brought up the idea of baking them but to make cakes... than the next episode they learn to make poffins from berries... than Dawn's contest where she's saved by the poffin she made)

I can see Ash and Dawn using Aipom and Buizel for the battle against James and Gardenia and Gardenia might be the one that after the battle will tell them they should consider to trade them because they seems better with the other
Than in this episode we'll see them still think about this and when Zoey appear they'll tell her she'll also support the idea

Also if DP52's preview is misleading and Ash won't use Chimchar like how it seems... it's almost sure he'll use Aipom and we know Dawn use Buizel
So that whole trade idea can start from DP52 (Kohei seems likely to suggest a trade if he'll notice Aipom and Buizel's style) and continue with a little discussion at DP53 but quickly the focus will move to Chimchar and they'll resume the discussion on DP54 and will decide to use Aipom and Buizel against James and Gardenia to try and work with their Pokémon to battle differently
Again the focus will be Cacnea so they still won't decide anything
And than at DP55 the whole episode will be dedicated to that and they'll decide to either trade now or try to work with their Pokémon a little more and only if they'll fail to trade (or to not trade at all but that's unlikely in my opinion)

Please note: The thread is from 16 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom