• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokeshipping General Discussion

In your mind, what is the most salient or convincing pokeshipping hint?

I agree that Poké Ball Peril and The Power of One have some of the most convincing hints. Misty Meets Her Match also has a quite a few convincing hints.

And I like the idea for an art contest! I'm not the best artist, but I think it would be fun to enter.

I think in general, The Orange Islands episodes are the build up in Pokéshipping, with The Power of One being the pinnacle. I mean, there's no way the writers could have accidentally had all those hints. 1 maybe, but not that many.

I think in general, The Orange Islands episodes are the build up in Pokéshipping, with The Power of One being the pinnacle. I mean, there's no way the writers could have accidentally had all those hints. 1 maybe, but not that many.
I say Misty meets her match episode

I'm tempted to say Pokemon 2000 since that was when I first became aware of Pokeshipping, but on the other hand a lot of those are dub-added. If we're talking strictly canon then I'd also have to say Pokeball Peril, cause that one's just undeniable.

Though there are certainly quite a few, I'd say the Orange Islands saga contained the most hints, it's almost as if the writers tried to build up a relationship between the two during this saga. However, Pokemon 2000 also contained numerous hints as to Pokeshipping.

Hey everyone! I haven't been here in over three months, I know. Busy with so many other things that I completely forgot about this thread for a while. I'll answer the most recent question.

What do you think is the most convincing PS hint?

Pokeball Peril definitely, since it's the most obvious hint involving both Ash and Misty.

^ I guess the way they blushed together and the teasing seems a good hint from both of them. Pokeball Peril did the explaining.

*Been busy with lots of stuffs as well as the finals..*

Nice to see a couple of older members back to this thread again.

Now that Pokéball Peril has been named collectively as our strongest hint, are there any moments you would like to see in the anime that could outdo it?

*Apart from it actually becoming canon of course.

Now that Pokéball Peril has been named collectively as our strongest hint, are there any moments you would like to see in the anime that could outdo it?

Freakin' duh! I just can't think of a moment that might outdo it. Maybe Ash gets wind of Misty coming to Unova and gets really excited and then Iris/Cilan start teasing him about liking her. He would of course deny and blush. That would be nice.

Speaking of coming back, my computer has been freaking out lately, and it may or may not be fixed now (maybe).

So, yeah, I think Pokeball Peril could be outdone. Though most of the stuff that I would classify as "outdoing" Pokeball Peril would fall under the hood of becoming canon. It's just such a great hint. I think if you want to outdo it, you'd have to have the Pokeball Peril moment but without Team Rocket. They'd have to be face to face, it'd have to come up in conversation, and they'd have to directly ask each other about the other's feelings, obviously followed by denial and intense blushing. There's just no way to deny something like that.

Alas, we can only dream for now...

Hey ya everyone! I was on pixiv and I saw some arts.. This one is Misty with the BW TRIO and this one too:) The second one seems funny on how Iris tease Ash about the photo with him and Misty on it. Since the teasing in BW was mention, I thought of posting it hereXD

Hmm.. Arrived to the party pretty late, eh? Oh well.

Yeah, I'm quite a fan of Pokeball Peril... But for some reason I think The Chosen One movie does Misty's side of the relationship even better. She truly seems to be jealous at times, and extremely willing to help him with genuine concern. She dives into an ocean during a huge storm... I mean seriously. I didn't need any more proof after that.

Yeah, I'm quite a fan of Pokeball Peril... But for some reason I think The Chosen One movie does Misty's side of the relationship even better. She truly seems to be jealous at times, and extremely willing to help him with genuine concern. She dives into an ocean during a huge storm... I mean seriously. I didn't need any more proof after that.

Better late than never! Welcome to the thread!

Yeah, Pokémon 2000 what was did it for me too all those years ago. True, I'd missed most of the shippy episodes when they were originally aired so I didn't see Pokéball Peril until I revisited the anime a couple of years ago, but I still think that P2000 is one of the best pieces of evidence there are for Pokéshipping.

Personally I agree with everyone, I dont think any other hint could ever outdo it unless like AvidPSFan said misty came to unova and ash got all exited.

Last edited:

Well thank you very much. Yes, I completely agree. I wasn't really aware of what for sure I thought it was, but I just knew that Ash and Misty were perfect, even back then. I had no idea of any of the other episodes or evidence either, until I too revisited the certain episodes. I mean, when Misty jumps in after Ash with no thought of her own safety, I thought for sure at the end of the movie they would kiss, or something of the sort. But to no avail...

Hi guys. Just found a pic I thought you would enjoy.

pokeshipping_by_pokehorse-d4tfx5l.jpg

HAPPY POKESHIPPING DAY EVERYONE!
peepoke.jpg

I could be early for this greeting but I just wanna post this banner I made..:)
It's been a while posting here..till next time!

~Ash

Back
Top Bottom