• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Am I the only one around here who...

Sometimes I think I'm the only one that doesn't EV train. The closet I ever gotten was planning moves for Pokemon.

Also, I think I'm the only one who really, really doesn't like Scraggy or Scrafty.

Last edited:
Am I the only one around here who doesn't understand everyone's obsession with shiny Golett? I mean, what's so special about it? Why does everyone want one? :S
nope, I don't understand it either.

Am I the only one around here who names their rival something stupid? ex: I named Silver Tomato once (because of his red hair), and by an amazing coincidence my friend did too lol

Am I the only one around here who names their rival something stupid? ex: I named Silver Tomato once (because of his red hair), and by an amazing coincidence my friend did too lol

Nope. I used to name my male enemies after my friend (who was called Sarah). Blue has also been called Purple, Spike, Loser, and a few other things. But hey, if Oak can't remember his own grandson's name I'm not going to play fair. ;)

Am I the only one who wishes you could have fought the Six Sages in the post-game of BW? It kind of sucks you only get to round them up. I had hoped it'd be more like PKMN Plat...

Nope. I used to name my male enemies after my friend (who was called Sarah). Blue has also been called Purple, Spike, Loser, and a few other things. But hey, if Oak can't remember his own grandson's name I'm not going to play fair. ;)

Am I the only one who wishes you could have fought the Six Sages in the post-game of BW? It kind of sucks you only get to round them up. I had hoped it'd be more like PKMN Plat...
Nope, I was disappointed when I found out you couldn't fight them too. In fact when I discovered the first sage in the dream yard I thought "He's probably super strong and will battle me I better train first" then when I talked to him he just said a random quote about life or something and gave me a TM for a status move. Just like all the other sages I encountered later. A battle first before giving the TM and quote would've been better.

Am I the only one around here who finds Litwick's sprite creepy? I mean it looks like a weird cyclops thing.

No your not I also wished I could of battled them ahh the disappointment.

Am I the only one around here who hates Pokémon Names in all uppercase letters since the release of Pokémon Black and White and for the record I now change the name of my Pokémon before transferring them to White what a pain in the neck MEWTWO → Mewtwo :(

No your not I also wished I could of battled them ahh the disappointment.

Am I the only one around here who hates Pokémon Names in all uppercase letters since the release of Pokémon Black and White and for the record I now change the name of my Pokémon before transferring them to White what a pain in the neck MEWTWO → Mewtwo :(
Yeah, the all uppercase letters always annoyed me. But I learned to just ignore it and enjoy the game.

Am I only one around here who never uses repels?

I rarely use them, But I'd say you are.

Am I the only one that has no idea what EV training is?

I rarely use them, But I'd say you are.

Am I the only one that has no idea what EV training is?

I know what it is but I don't know how to do it. Trying to get hold of the stuff to do it properly and effectively is time consuming, and even then I wouldn't know where to start, which Pokemon should have which stat boosts... and so on. I'm utterly clueless. I wish I could have someone dumb it down for me but Serebii and Marriland, no matter how much I read about it, I still don't get it.

Am I the only one who left N's Castle during the final bit to grind up my Pokemon up to lvl. 60 just to prepare for Ghetsis and his Hydregion?

Am I the only one around here who completely stops using there starter right at the start of the game

Scarlettpeony, nah, I did that too. I knew my Pokemon couldn't beat Ghestis, so I went out to fight with them more.

Metagross92, I think so xD Actually I dunno but I have always kept my starters. Except in B&W, where I got Snivy up to level 28 but my other Pokemon were so much more powerful and had better attacks. Then I found a Litwick, so I sent Snivy to the PC. I guess I'm just no good with grass types, lol).

Am I the only one who doesn't see the point with the Battle Tent/Tower/Subway? I honestly never bother with them.

Am I only one around here who never uses repels?

ever since i realized i could be missing out on shinies with repel on, i havent used repels, so no

am i the only one around here who isnt getting BW2 on the release date?

No, you're not D:

Am I the only one around here that finds the Steel type extremely boring to use?

Considering that I have even yet to use the Steel type, I guess I'm kind of in the middle with that question? But I guess maybe? They're not that particularly interesting for me save for a couple.

Am I the only one who absolutely must always have a HM Fly user on my team at every given time?

No, I ALWAYYYYYYS have a pokémon with the TM Fly. I haz to. Walking is boring and tedious.

Am I the only one that flys everywhere?

Hm, probably no, but I don't like flying all the time.
In fact, my fly slave stays in the box most of the time.

Am I the only that never cared about filling the pokédex? I just catch the Pokémon I like and/or pretend to use.

Am I the only one around here who doesn't understand everyone's obsession with shiny Golett? I mean, what's so special about it? Why does everyone want one? :S
Um, maybe I shouldn't answer this... :rolleyes:

Probably because a shiny Golurk looks epic as all get-out. I mean, that coloration is just plainly awesome. But in my case--it's a Golett. That's grey and black and cute all over. So I need the little cutie-pie like I need air. :crush:

(I told you I shouldn't answer this!)

Am I the only one around here who feels a little guilty for catching Pokemon that will only be used as tossers? I've caught around 20 in B2 and all they've done is end up on Black and released. It seems kinda cruel to do that to them.

Nope, I'm gonna feel bad catching all the trade fodder I do to fill my B2 dex. Seems like a waste, but I have to fill it somehow ;~;

Am I the only one here who is obsessed with catching every singe species of Pokemon in an area before moving on?

No, I started doing that in HeartGold. I like the...cleanliness of it :)

Am I the only one who has a team of 6 Pokemon which will be traded from game to game until a new Pokemon is created that I like more than one of the current 6?

(e.g - I've been using the same Blastoise, Snorlax, Arcanine and Dragonite since HeartGold, the same Mightyena since Sapphire and my Alakazam was replaced by Stoutland half way through my first play through of White.)

Yesh.

Am I the only one here who constantly does the Battle Subway for more Vitamins to up my starter?

Yesh.

Am I the only one here who constantly does the Battle Subway for more Vitamins to up my starter?

Hmm... Not exactly Vitamins. I'd rather buy those at the giant store near Opelucid City because it's easier. But I do the Battle Subway for other items, and for fun.

Am I the only one who thinks that, if they were a Pokémon, they would be of a specific type? For example, I know that if I were a Pokémon, I'd be a Psychic type.

Stupid and childish question, but anway...

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom