• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Black 2/White 2 Travelog (Read First Post)

Finally, I can post again. This thread needs to be a little more active, lol.

Anyway, I beat Cheren in one try, and I had no fighting type moves or Pokemon. I never once found a Riolu anyway. All I had was a lv. 12 Snivy and a lv. 11 Psyduck when I went in to challenge Cheren. The only reason I won though, was a couple of crits from my Snivy on his Lillipup. xP Otherwise, I think he might have beaten me.

I later caught myself a Pidove (I prefer Swanna as a flying type, but it's also a water type, and I already caught a Psyduck for my water type). Then I got to Virbank City to train up for Roxie. I thought she might be difficult since I had trouble with poison type Pokemon in the past (especially Koga's...). But she was actually easy since my Psyduck learned Confusion and Pidove had type advantage against Whirlipede.

My team is now:

Servine lv. 19
Psyduck lv. 19
Pidove lv. 18

I have 8 medals so far too. One being the Dowsing Beginner medal too. ^^

You don't need the Dowsing Machine to achieve this one at all. You see, if you look around enough, you'll find spots that will probably most definitely have an item hidden there. Check lots of places too. Rocks, empty spaces inside patches of grass, walls at dead ends inside caves, stuff like that. These spots, I find, are quite likely to have hidden items.

And that's really all you can do for item hunting pre-Dowsing Machine.

Now, since my business in Virbank is done, I guess my next stop is Pokestar Studios!

So I've been playing for about 9 hours or so and can honestly say--this game rocks!

I already have the first two badges and as of right now, I'm crawling around in Castelia's sewer system. (Eeeeeewww...!) But previously on Black 2:

I caught several tossers that I used to trade over my beloved Golurk, my shiny Golett and quite a few others that I couldn't live without. Thanks to all that trading, I netted the medal for trading and the shiny medal. The shiny medal has been duly chosen as my favorite. I'm hovering at around 27 or so medals right now.

Getting the first Badge was a breeze thanks to my Riolu; he stomped Cheren's Lillipup to mush. Unfortunately, Prima couldn't handle it and fainted on me. Not a good sign. =/ My second Badge was won by the skin of my teeth as my newly evolved Lucario was two levels below Roxie's Whirlipede. But somehow, Ruki scraped out a win for me. Man, I am loving that Lucario.

Made my first movie and it netted 36 billion at the box office. I'll do a few more later.

Right now, I'm running around the sewers, hoping to catch a few more tossers. I really want that "Fill a whole box" medal! XD

I've got 6 badges now and I'm heading toward Opelucid City to battle Drayden. It's getting a little bit tough so, I'm gonna have to train a little bit. I expect trouble with Drayden since I have no Ice type :/ I might have to bring one over from White for that battle, but I'll try without it. Id like to get the last two badges hopefully tomorrow.
Team:
Samurott Lv 41
Lampent Lv 41
Fraxure Lv 39
Galvantula Lv 39
Lucario Lv 38
Leafeon Lv 37

Got the third gym badge last night. Full log of events:

-Oliver the Tepig evolved
-Several ambiguously camp clowns were beaten mercilessly
-Burgh was also beaten mercilessly. His room caught this trainer by surprise, and she had to take a few seconds to process the absolutely FABULOUS camp-ishness of it all.
-After getting the badge, the plot picked up once more. Colress was met and and fangirls squeed.
-Colress was beaten slightly less than mercilessly.

That's it for now. Team:

Oliver, Pignite
Ryou, Riolu
Aperture, Magnemite
Stephen, Pidove

lol, I just got the Insect Badge myself. I lost to Burgh the first time around though. My team was slightly underleveled, so yeah. But the second time, my Tranquill managed to barely beat Leavanny.

I'll battle Colress next time I play.

I will spoil this log just incase the length or the images are annoying or whatever. :)

NateChallenge2.png

Zeb's Challenge Mode Travelog #1!
Woo! This time with an English version. The game just arrived earlier today, so I'm not very far. I am doing Challenge Mode though (shared the key from my Japanese version), so this should hopefully be a little harder this time around.

Team:
495.png
Salad the Snivy ♀
Lv.15 | Hasty | Overgrow
Vine Whip / Tackle / Growth / Leer

298.png
Periwinkle the Azurill ♀
Lv.15 | Jolly | Huge Power
Return / Bubblebeam / Charm / Tail Whip

543.png
Scuttle the Venipede ♀
Lv.14 | Naive | Swarm
Rollout / Pursuit / Poison Sting / Screech

Badges:

50px-Basic_Badge.png

• Apart from knowing two members I definitely want on the team (one of which I have now, the other - Spheal - coming much later in the game) I'm still not sure what I'm going to use so I'll just pick up and drop things as I go along.
  • I picked Snivy because of course, it's the best. Though it has a Hasty nature and I couldn't be bothered resetting so that might not be so great later on.
  • I picked up Azurill (made sure I got one with Huge Power and a good nature) because once it becomes and Azumarill and learns Aqua Tail at Lv.21 it absolutely wrecks.
  • Also picked up a Venipede because it's been ages since I used one (back on my very first Black team) and Scolipede is awesome though I have idea if I'll still have it at that point.
  • I might pick up a Growlithe at the Virbank Complex and see how that goes.
  • Cheren was easy enough, even with his extra Pidode on his Challenge Mode team.
  • I just used Periwinkle's Charm to get all of their attack stat low while they just use Work Up a bunch of times (seriously, Cheren?), then Tail Whipped a few times to make sure I was killing them, then Frustrationed them all to death. Yes, I beat Cheren with just Periwinkle the Azurill who must hate me because Frustration is strong (though now I've replaced it with Return because Frustration was weakening).
  • None of the trainers so far have been particularly challenging really. Hopefully it gets harder later.
  • Currently just arrived at Virbank City!

I just got through searching the sewers and got lucky enough to get my first critical captures. Unfortunately, they were both on a pair of Rattata. (-_-;) I just ran into Colress at the end of the Castelia sewer crawl and I must say this: Dude, fire your barber! :lol:

Currently, I'm bugging the living crap out of Breeder Irene and getting lots of cash and EXP. I may, however, go into the Desert and grab a few more tossers; I caught a nice Roggenrola on Black that I'd love to add to my B2 team. I'm also still debating on whether or not I should add that Growlithe of mine to my party--with a Bug type Gym coming up, I may need him. Or I could try catching a decent Flying type to get the job done.

I just finished in Humilau City, winning the 8th gym badge. I knocked out his last two Pokemon with a Krookodile that had 15 HP left. I still have no idea how that happened. xD

Today I started Pokémon Black 2. I chose a Snivy called Will Smith (my female Snivy from Black is called Princess. Couldn't fit FreshPrince). Got my Pokéballs.

Downloaded Dream Radar and got the Munna, as well as a male Swablu and female Riolu. Adding Swablu to my party.

Did the usual stuff, started up the game, went through the tutorial (this part should really be optional), caught some pokémon, etc.
Also, I downloaded the Genesect.

Current Status
In front of Aspertia Gym, ready to face Cheren.

Team
Oshawott "Takeru" lv.10
Lillipup lv.8 (not a member of final team)
Mareep lv.8 (not a member of final team)
Sewaddle lv.8 (not a member of final team)

After the gym battle, I plan on trading over three eggs (for a random Purrloin, Sunkern and Azurill) from White.

Kyohei's Log, 12 October 2012
"Dear Diary,
I started my pokemon journey (Black2) today. I received my starter pokemon, a Snivy called Serpente, from this chick called Bianca. I was so surprised to find that my Snivy was female, too, and I didn't have to soft reset or anything. How lucky.
Anyway, headed off to the next town with my newly caught partners Purrloin and Patrat. I heard on the berry vine that I can find Riolu somewhere close. I must keep an eye out for them.

NateChallenge2.png

Zeb's Challenge Mode Travelog #2!

Team:
496.png
Salad the Servine ♀
Lv.28 | Hasty | Overgrow
Leaf Tornado / Return / Leech Seed / Growth
184.png
Periwinkle the Azumarill ♀
Lv.28 | Jolly | Huge Power
Aqua Tail / Double-Edge / Dig / Charm
544.png
Scuttle the Whirlipede ♀
Lv.29 | Naive | Swarm
Bug Bite / Poison Tail / Rollout / Screech
058.png
Redwind the Growlithe ♀
Lv.28 | Mild | Flash Fire
Flame Burst / Flame Wheel / Dig / Reversal
552.png
Blinkers the Krokorok ♂
Lv.29 | Jolly | Moxie
Crunch / Dig / Torment / Embargo
328.png
Dune the Trapinch ♀
Lv.28 | Lonely | Hyper Cutter
Bulldoze / Strength / Rock Slide / Rock Smash

Badges:

50px-Basic_Badge.png
50px-Toxic_Badge.png
50px-Insect_Badge.png

• So I decided to get a Growlithe and called it Redwind. Not sure whether it will stick around to the end, but it's doing good so far.
  • Snivy evolved.
  • Roxie was easy as pie. I just used Venipede to Rollout Koffing and Whirlipede to death and then I think Growlithe finished off her Grimer.
  • Pokewood was more appealing to me now that I can understand what I need to do.
  • Wandered around Castelia, battled some trainers got some items.
  • Azurill evolved.
  • Marill evolved.
  • Venipede evolved.
  • Caught a Sandile (got really lucky with Jolly Moxie!) nicknamed him Blinkers.
  • Did all the fun and games in the sewers and went to the gym.
  • Again, Burgh wasn't that hard. Thank god he got rid of the Sewaddle, but his Shelmet and Karrablast were just as lame. Growlithe wiped out most of his team.
  • Still not that challenging, but I've noticed that the levels are starting to creep higher now.
  • Went around the desert and stuff.
  • Then I went to the desert resort with my Lv.24 team and ran into N's level 35 frickin' Darmanitan! Luckily I caught it the first turn with a Quick Ball, otherwise it would have wiped me out!
  • Caught a Trapinch after an extremely long search and nicknamed her Dune.
  • I'm still not sure whether most of this team will be sticking around right now.
  • Got to Nimbasa, battled at the domes, went to Lostlorn Forest etc.
  • Sandile just evolved. Now preparing to go face the gym. I can't decide whether I want a Heracross or not, so that's something I need to figure out.
Challenge mode isn't that hard right now, but like I said, the levels are starting to creep higher, so I'm thinking that later in the game it might pose a much larger challenge than it currently is.

2:51 on White 2 and it's time to take a break. 2 badges in, I've quite enjoyed the game except for Pokéwood which I couldn't even skip. Everything else has been awesome. I love the new cities and locations (finally we have an out-door gym, how awesome is that! Hopefully there will be more in future games). Finding random pre-Gen 5 Pokémon has been great, especially since I haven't really looked at spoilers at all.

My team so far consists of Pignite and Zorua (thanks Kara~), plus a few extra mons that I've been too lazy to throw in the PC.

Oh yeah. I loved how Roxie's dad was credited as "Pop Roxie" in his movie, that was hilarious.

I've added a Buneary to my team! It's a male (I prefer them to be female. A male Lopunny is just...weird), but it has a good nature and the right ability (Run Away. I hate Klutz), so I'm keeping it. This is the second Buneary I've caught though. The first had a sucky nature and was one level lower. I think it had worse stats all around too.

I need to train it up a little so its level is on par with the rest of my team. Then I'll go battle Colress.

Shiny Sunkern GET!

I still only have one badge - training in Route 20, when I look at my screen and see the last bit of a sparkle. I wasn't convinced that I really saw it, but I caught it anyway just in case. Yup. shiny. Funnily enough, earlier today I was wondering if there was a medal for finding a shiny. Yup. There is. Lucky Color medal.
Don't even have one badge and I caught a shiny.

Last edited:
So I was derping around the Desert Resort when I ran into a wild(?) Darmanitan. It sparkled at me and I already had a really good idea as to what was really going on, so I tried to capture it.

Yeah, that didn't happen. It got taken out by the Desert Sandstorm. Thankfully, I saved before the battle so I reset the game and kept looking. I managed to get N's Sigilyph and his Darumaka, but haven't seen hide or hair of his Darmanitan, Sandile, or Scraggy. I'll just keep looking until I find them.

My Dogū has hit level 30 and learned Dynamic Punch. Needless to say I dropped Focus Blast in a hurry for that. Most of my team is hanging around the mid to upper 20s except for Ironhide, my Roggenrola (level 10) and my now ridiculously powerful Dogū. I'm still training my little Dream Worlder, though--I know Elesa is coming and I want Dogū good and ready for her. Ah, revenge is a dish best served cold. :evil:

Kyohei's Log, second day morning.

Dear Diary,
I WAS AWESOME. I found a weird sparkly Scraggy, and when I caught it it belonged to someone else. How odd. Maybe later I'll go back and look for more of them, now that I've seen the flashback of this 'N' releasing his pokemon. Also, a man gave me a Prop Case that once belonged to a boy called White. Only thing is, this guy seems insistent that it was left by accident. I don't think so. How can anyone enjoy these musicals when they're so boring? You don't even get ribbons for them. My cousin Lilly in Hoenn would be ashamed. Anyway, I've beaten the third gym in Castelia. That Burgh guy is weeeird. I think he's taken his thing for bugs too far. Those cocoons are scary. Anyway, need to end entry as I'm about to go and face Elesa, who is such a showoff that she built another gym instead of renovating the old one. My team has changed drastically thanks to assistance from Light of 2 years ago, and now consists of Sandslash, Lucario, N's Scrafty and Golly Golduck. That's only for this gym, mind. I really should raise Serpente up till she evolves. But I like Servine more than Serperior...what a conundrum.
P.S zat Roxie has a terrible band. She either sings about Koffing or tries to do a rock version of the Pokerap. I guess she pays her audience to applaud, since I was too busy battling her to listen.

Well I was going to battle Burgh, but I found out there were still some trainers left in the Castelia Sewers first. Also, I'm trading a Yawn Eevee over to Black 2. :p

So far I've beaten Cheren (just) and have made it to Virbank. My team consists of Psyduck lv. 16 and Tepig lv. 16. I'm thinking of maybe adding an Elekid or a Magnemite to my team, but I might just wait and have a Galvantula.

Today I discovered that if you get knocked out in the Pokemon World tournament, you get given a free shard as a consolation prize. Seeing a golden opportunity to trade all my dignity (which has done squat for me in the past by the way) for some precious shards, I devised a foolproof scheme to take the tournament by storm.

With my mighty team of Sunkern, Rattata and Patrat assembled, we couldn't possibly lose. Since a win in this case is getting our hands on some shiny shards, we would be sure to go down in history as the greatest "winners" in World Tournament history!

We certainly left a great impression out there today. Well, a Patrat shaped impression in the floor, anyway. No one could best us when it came to losing! By the 37th battle there was furious shouting from the crowd to drag this "fucking joke" off the stage, which sounds like it would have been fun. But then I got a concussion from a thrown brick. The nurses that treated me were real nice... or were they Audino? I don't remember that bit well, for some reason.

Then with my Floatzel's newly tutored Ice Punch, we swept straight through the entire next tournament, to which the entire stadium could only say, what the fuck just happened.

It was a good day.

Back
Top Bottom