• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Reorchestrated: Kanto Symphony: Album of licensed orchestral covers to be rel

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulbaBot

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
Pokémon Reorchestrated: Kanto Symphony: Album of licensed orchestral covers to be released tomorrow

Kanto Symphony, a nostalgia-inducing 35-track collection of orchestrated songs from the soundtrack of the original Game Boy Pokémon Red and Blue Versions, releases worldwide tomorrow on iTunes.

Read more on Bulbanews

Re: Pokémon Reorchestrated: Kanto Symphony: Album of licensed orchestral covers to be

Skotein is awesome! :-D

Re: Pokémon Reorchestrated: Kanto Symphony: Album of licensed orchestral covers to be

@Archaic; Do you know how Joypad Records provides copyright clearance for projects such as this that are based on game music?

@Archaic; Do you know how Joypad Records provides copyright clearance for projects such as this that are based on game music?
While I'm unfamiliar with the specifics, I do know that there's actually legal protections for releasing covers of songs. I'm not sure of all the complexities involved, but I understand it boils down to crediting the original creators and artists properly, and paying an industry standard rate of royalties to them. So groups who release their remix/cover albums for free are pretty much always in the clear there, since (standard rate)% of $0 will always be $0.

This is great. :) @Archaic any idea what the price will be?

This sounds interesting, but i really don't have $10 to just freely spend on stuff like this, especially since i'm trying to save up for a WiiU. I wish there was a free version (legally, that is).

Wow I don't think I've heard the Red and Blue soundtrack sound so beautiful. Just from the previews,I knows it's something I'll definitely be downloading.

The best $10 ever spent on iTunes!

The best $10 ever spent on iTunes!
Couldn't agree more. Currently #3 on the soundtracks board. #43 on the albums board.
I hope this gets big. Like news-spot-on-major-video-game-sites big

I didn't even play Red/Blue, but I'll probably end up buying this anyways. I'm sure it's the same catchy tunes as Gold/Silver has.

I didn't even play Red/Blue, but I'll probably end up buying this anyways. I'm sure it's the same catchy tunes as Gold/Silver has.
In GSC, Viridian Forest is now part of Route 2 and merges its theme with a brand new one, Lavender Town is remixed to be happier and melodious, and Cinnabar Island uses Viridian City's theme instead of its unique one. I'm sure there are other differences, but this album is based on the RGBY versions.

You should give Red/Blue a chance with an emulator.

I think this soundtrack is a great idea. But I prefer to buy an actual CD than buy it off iTunes. I am afraid that someday my computers will mess up and I will lose everything I downloaded. That is why I like to buy CDs, it is nice to have some music that I can just put into my computer without the trouble of downloading again.

This album is just too epic for words D'X I have only heard the first 9 songs and I've already cried out of nostalgia twice, with Battle! VS Trainer and Red's Journey (The Road To Cerulean City).

;-; things like these.....are worth saving up for. I remember when I got my first Pokemon game. It was yellow version,loved Pokemon ever since..

I just bought this and am listening to it right now. I am almost in tears. Beautifully composed, sounds amazing. I want this music in a game, but on the other hand I'm not sure if players could handle all the feels, so best not...

I just bought the album through Joypad today. WOW, is it epic!

I've been following this project since I stumbled across a few of Skotein's first orchestral Pokemon covers, and am now eagerly awaiting his inevitable Johto Symphony!

I just bought the album yesterday... Wow!!! I've already listened to it through about five times!

It's just incredible! The crazy thing is how it manages to stretch these simple melodies into engrossing compositions. My favourite tracks so far are:

Oak research lab
Red's journey
Team Rocket hideout
Silph co under siege
Ocean waltz (surfing theme)
Pokemon mansion
And the final showdown vs rival, of course!

They're all amazing, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom