• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review S15 EP35: Rocking the Virbank Gym! Part 1

>Roxie plays a dub-insert piece
>Ash and co. cover their ears and are clearly in pain

LOL!

i would have given the episode 900/10 if they would have played Never Gonna Give You Up at that part. Hehehe

my only real complaint was that with Roxie's voice actor is that she just sounded a bit TOO cheerfull. but hey it was a good episode. it would have been awesome if when Koffing came out that they would have put in subtitles "I'm BAAAAAAAAAAAACK!"

Why did Ash Pokedexed Koffing!????
It's funny how Ash Pokedexed Koffing when he's seen James used one for years. Though I suppose it's so newer fans who've only played Black and White know who Koffing is.
James only had a Koffing in the first season, and since then, Koffing appearances have been pretty rare.

You found Koffing!

200px-109Koffing.png

You see a small piece of paper on the ground.

JLqE2.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Pokemon B&W: Rival Destinies 2.4/12

Excellent ratings for Pokemon, the hype of black and white 2, and a good episode for once, proves how great it can rate.

It topped the K6-11 ratings for Saturday once again. I wasn't expecting any less though... ;D

That's pokemon's strong point ;D

i'm hoping for the ratings to stay like this for a while, with best wishes 2 starting in america in a week i could see pokemon getting constant 2.0's for a while :)

man i hope they find a way to pump up the team rocket episode arc coming up in a few months.. if anything could possibly top that insane rating , its the team rockets arc 2 parter.. but that will require a big advertising push for it .. which of course they dont like to do.. but if anything can top the 2.4, its gonna be that 2 parter.. considering the ground work for that arc is just about to go into place .. advertising the big team rocket arc would be a big ratings grab

man i hope they find a way to pump up the team rocket episode arc coming up in a few months.. if anything could possibly top that insane rating , its the team rockets arc 2 parter.. but that will require a big advertising push for it .. which of course they dont like to do.. but if anything can top the 2.4, its gonna be that 2 parter.. considering the ground work for that arc is just about to go into place .. advertising the big team rocket arc would be a big ratings grab

With the 8:30am timeslot i don't think pokemon could do much better then a 2.4, which is sad because if pokemon was airing at 10am it's potential could be limitless

^
Y'know, the irony of people saying things like this is delicious, considering most of us do the exact same thing for old pokemon in-game with each new generation.

Why did Ash Pokedexed Koffing!????

It's funny how Ash Pokedexed Koffing when he's seen James used one for years. Though I suppose it's so newer fans who've only played Black and White know who Koffing is.

I died a little inside when Ash scanned Koffing.

Didn't any of you notice he's using a different pokedex that....you know.........doesn't have Koffing's info on it?

^
Y'know, the irony of people saying things like this is delicious, considering most of us do the exact same thing for old pokemon in-game with each new generation.

Thanks, Mr Grave-E. Can you say that again without the sarcasm?

I died a little inside when Ash scanned Koffing.

Didn't any of you notice he's using a different pokedex that....you know.........doesn't have Koffing's info on it?

What's this? Everyone-Pick-On-BladeLight52 Day? I don't appreciate the sarcasm you guys posted towards my post.

Last edited:
I apologe if you were offended, but I was responding to several other people and you just happened to be one of them. How is that picking on anybody? This is a discussion forum after all, you should expect someone to reply to your post. XD
Can you say that again without the sarcasm?
Sure. "Didn't any of you notice he's using a different pokedex that....you know.........doesn't have Koffing's info on it?"

A sarcastic response would have been: "LOL YEAH I SO AGREE LIKE ITS NOT LIKE HE NEED THE DATA TO FILL UP HIS NEW DEX OR ANYTHING LOLOLOL," but I'm going to stop now because your question isn't very relevant to the thread.

>Roxie plays a dub-insert piece
>Ash and co. cover their ears and are clearly in pain

LOL!

That part was awesome. I would have been in pain as well. ^^

I like that Ash and the gang meets many trainers who failed at the gym. That makes the thing more exiting. And then the battles. Koffing is a pretty fun pokemon to watch battling. Boldores and Unfezants matches against it was good especially Unfezants, because of that she hanged on so long and managed to blow back Will-o-Wisp at poor Koffing. But then comes Leavanny. That match is very good. Leavannys strategy to defeat Koffing was a really good one and that win was well deserved(unlike Pikachus in the next episode). Scolipede vs Leavanny was good too even if I do not understand why Ash does not change Leavanny for Pignit when it is obvious that it will be defeated. But he does not and Leavanny faints. But this episode was quite good if you ask me.

I'm currently catching up on the anime after a few years of not watching, and I just watched this episode. I think it's pretty cool that Roxie is left-handed, just like she is in the games. They probably designed her that way in the games so her guitar is facing towards the middle of the screen during your battle with her, which looks better artistically. But still, it's cool that she's probably the first left-handed character we've ever seen.

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom