• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview BW101: Soryu Gym! Iris VS Shaga!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's just stick to the events in this episode than general complaints about Iris throughout the saga. The latter can be done here.

For one time i would like to see the power of Druddigon.. There hasnt been a major showcase of his power and being used by Drayden there has to be some meaning.. the pokemon has been shown til now being defeated by Iris's Excadrill and Georgia's Bisharp. could it be the pokemon delivering the winning blow(attack)???

For one time i would like to see the power of Druddigon.. There hasnt been a major showcase of his power and being used by Drayden there has to be some meaning. The pokemon has been shown til now being defeated by Iris's Excadrill and Georgia's Bisharp. could it be the pokemon delivering the winning blow(attack)???

A Druddigon owned by a COTD in BW027 defeated Ash's Tepig and overwhelmed Team Rocket's pokemon with its Draco Meteor.

But to answer your concerns, this Druddigon will be as powerful as the writers want it to. Its first opponent seems to be Iris's Dragonite, and if the writers want Drayden's Druddigon to win against Dragonite, they will make that happen. Of course, Dragonite has received a lot of focus as of late, so it is very unlikely that it will lose during its first battle in this gym.

So Drayden's Druddigon might end up losing like most of the other Druddigon that were featured in the anime so far.

Is there any chance to see ""Öutrage"" attack here??? In BW2 every move seems to be re-animated and colored differently, so it must be worth to watch at this time.. And being a fight between dragons am waiting to see more dragon type moves used :)

Hopefully at the end of this episode , Iris will be ask to be Drayden Apprentice or Soryu city Gym Leader !
Then Iris will think about this until the final episode of ''Worst Wishs'' !
There she will have a battle with Ash and finally reach a decision .
Then Next year , Team Plasma will make their move !

Iris and ash already battles twice. There is no need for it. We know that Iris is strong. No need to show off.

Do u really mean Iris is stronger than Ash.. come on.. u r missing the whole point.. Ash is a well experienced pokemon trainer being in 6 leagues and being a diverse pokemon type trainer.. meanwhile on the other hand we havent seen Iris really training her pokes seriously.. Axew stil unevolved(although knowing many new moves) lacks the power to battle stronger pokemon. Emolga not getting many battle eps but wins when it makes a guest appearance.. Excadrill pokeball is becoming rusted day by day, now it battles Drayden's Haxorus.. Dragonite was kicked out of junior cup by Krookodile.. Even if its a 3vs3/4vs 4 Ash will surely wipe the floor with Iris given she hasnt had any proper training for her pokemon. This is first proper experience for Iris to learn how to train any pokemon properly if she wants to be a dragon trainer/master..

Wha? Where did this come from? All I said was that they had battles twice. One win and one loss. There is not need for another one right now. And I already know about Iris's lack of training. But according to some she is more experienced because she was managed to catch a Pokemon earlier than him, that means she's better in some ways. I don't however think that this is true. I'm pretty sure now that even Pikachu has more wins than anyone on the show.

BW101.png

summary

I hope Dragonite gets owned here. Either that or it's disobedience comes back for a short visit.

Preview
- Druddigon comes out.
- Drayden hold a Pokeball.
- Excadrill comes out of the ground?
- Iris calls an attack.
- Excadrill Drill Lines Haxorus?
- Iris as a child in a school.
- She doesn't understand the book she's reading.
- An Altaria uses an attack.
- Iris as a child commands a move.
- A Fraxure attacks Altaria.
- Iris looking at a picture she drew of Excadrill.
- Drayden commands an attack.
- Haxorus uses Giga Impact?
- Iris commands a move.
- Excadrill uses Focus Blast.
- Ash and Cilan are happy.
- Druddigon uses Dragon Claw on Dragonite.
- Dragonite uses a move.
- Drayden commands one.
- Druddigon has Dragonite by the throat with his right hand.
- Dragonite flies away and Druddigon follows.
- Iris with Axew and a Fraxure behind her and then she nods.
- Excadrill comes out of his Pokeball.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bAlREfEihD8&feature=plcp

Last edited:
If it had not been confirmed already, Iris will just use Excadrill and Dragonite here. This battle feels like a cop-out considering how Iris used all of the pokemon on her team to calm down Shobu's Hydreigon in the previous episode, but I guess some part of the episode had to be sacrificed to give Iris a "backstory."

And yes, Iris used Fraxure that belonged to somebody else in that flashback.

lol @ animators reusing drayden/haxorus footage from [bp]BW033[/bp].

Such laziness.

Dragonite will probably get pissed off at double team and start outraging

I would laugh so hard if Iris got that Fraxure

calling it now

F*cking previews for Iris episodes... Always makes me way too excited than I should be. And that preview music ASFSAFAF

This battle is looking really intense, I can't wait to see it, and hearing more about Iris' ''childhood'' as she was studying to become a Dragon Master will surely be very fascinating too.

Oh God, I feel just as excited as I was when the preview for BW33 aired. This better be some awesome shit or I'll go Dragonite. Naturally, there's a week break though... *Sigh*

Iris better lose. Dragonite better get owned. Nothing good can come of Iris winning here I reckon. Even if she wins, it doesn't prove an any way that she's good at dragon training. If she loses, and Drayden says something like "you've got a long way to go before you can master dragons", then I could be ok with that. Probably the best I could hope for at this point. Be nice to finally get all these Iris eps out of the way and focus on Ash again.

Battle looks like a lot of stock footage. Same as most battles this series. Nicely animated though

TV Tokyo preview translation:

Satoshi and friends have arrived at Soryu City. It's been decided that Iris will battle the Soryu Gym Leader, Shaga, and she's full of fighting spirit. But when she thinks of Shaga, she can't calm down. To calm her mind, Iris climbs the Soryu City's steel tower to vent her frustration. There, she meets her dorm mother from her days at the Soryu Academy and the academy's Axe Jaw Pokemon, Onondo. Through the reunion, new feelings are ignited in Iris.

When it first battled Shaga, Doryuzu closed his heart from Iris as he was opposed to her self-indulgence..... This time, they'll win through their combination! Iris uses her full power and faces Shaga! The Subterrene Pokemon Doryuzu has a revenge battle against the Axe Jaw Pokemon Ononokusu! Just what will happen!?

Iris better lose. Dragonite better get owned. Nothing good can come of Iris winning here I reckon. Even if she wins, it doesn't prove an any way that she's good at dragon training. If she loses, and Drayden says something like "you've got a long way to go before you can master dragons", then I could be ok with that. Probably the best I could hope for at this point. Be nice to finally get all these Iris eps out of the way and focus on Ash again.

Battle looks like a lot of stock footage. Same as most battles this series. Nicely animated though

Yeah no lol iris is gonna win they cant have the future champ look bad now can they?

Excited on seeing the preview.. excadrill's revenge battle against haxorus, but i think it may not be enough for it to secure a win against a fully evolved dragon.. may be if its learns 1-hit ko move horn drill it wil prove fruitful... dragonite is going to have tough time against druddigon and likely to start its old procedure(disobedience).. good to leave dragonite to drayden for some classes and training :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom