• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview BW104: "Fierce Fighting! Win Out in the Rival Battle!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd be surprised if Stephan won this. He already had his moment of glory with the Donamite tournament back in March/April. I can't see lightning striking twice for him, particularly when there are two fresh rivals they'll presumably want to pimp.

I will be disappointed if the Bianca match is 1 on 1. Not merely because I'm totally bored with these 1 on 1 match-ups, thanks to the overflow of mini-tournaments throughout Unova (though that too) but because I was hopeful that we'd finally see her Escavalier again. I really hope that it'll show up again somewhere down the road, and we get to see how far she's gotten with it. Otherwise, what was the point of giving it to her in first place, if she's going to rely on Emboar as her sole powerhouse, and nothing else? They could just as easily have used a couple of COTDs to showcase the Shelmet/Karrablast trade evolution, if that was the sole intention there.

I'd be surprised if Stephan won this. He already had his moment of glory with the Donamite tournament back in March/April. I can't see lightning striking twice for him, particularly when there are two fresh rivals they'll presumably want to pimp.
>Kenyan defeats Satoshi and wins the whole League
>He beats the E4 and Champion
>Everyone in the whole Region knows his name
>And no one can get his name right

It'd be the climax and ultimate finisher of his name gag.

>Kenyan defeats Satoshi and wins the whole League
>He beats the E4 and Champion
>Everyone in the whole Region knows his name
>And no one can get his name right

It'd be the climax and ultimate finisher of his name gag.
Lol'd so hard.

Meh, if it is going to have Ash vs Bianca, at least make it a 3v3. Or make it a Ash vs CotD match as well as Bianca just so they can enable 3v3.

Bianca fighting anyone besides Ash is just wishful thinking. Its the same in the junior cup when people thought dawn stood a chance against godnite or trip bring able to do anything vs alder.

Bianca fighting anyone besides Ash is just wishful thinking.

I disagree, I could easily see Bianca battling Stephan and defeating him...since he's beaten her twice now. Given Stephan is only here to get beat anyway, I would rather see him lose to Bianca than Ash.

I disagree, I could easily see Bianca battling Stephan and defeating him...since he's beaten her twice now. Given Stephan is only here to get beat anyway, I would rather see him lose to Bianca than Ash.

And ash has never fought Stephan in a tournament battle. And ash always gets priority in these cases.

He's probably going to battle all the rivals on simple basis that the writers have to have each of his Unova Pokemon battle in the league...and Pikachu is obviously going to be used twice.

He's probably going to battle all the rivals on simple basis that the writers have to have each of his Unova Pokemon battle in the league...and Pikachu is obviously going to be used twice.

I'm not sure. They don't really need to have him battle all of the rivals to have all of his Unova Pokemon battle. I don't really see him battling Stephan, especially when I could see Bianca defeat him instead.

Ash has never fought Stephan other than that one battle with Oshawott, it's about time the two had a serious battle.

Ash has never fought Stephan other than that one battle with Oshawott, it's about time the two had a serious battle.
Two battles, if you want to get technical. And although it'd be nice to see them battle, I'd rather see Bianca defeat him - she lost to him twice.

This. It is been a long time since Kenyan and Satoshi had a battle. I'd rather see them battling again than Bel beating Kenyan.

Bel should battle Kotetsu and obviously win against him. He is basically the dullest character in this series.

Emboar is appearing in this episode. and so far its not confirmed whose it is.. its highly possible it may be Bianca's.. but there is a possibility it may belong to some random trainer or even Ash's pignite may evolve(most unlikely to happen now).. i dont know why people confuse so much tat this emboar wil be battling ash's pokes.. give him a break.. no need tat all rivals must battle Ash to advance or vice versa.. I hope its Bianca battling known/random trainer and wins.. she s better compared to others(except virgil-his char isnt known til now) and she is progressing very well.. looking forward tat she becomes the main female rival

I'm late to the party, so did anyone manage to save those comic photos/scans from earlier? Original links seem to have kicked the bucket.

And ash has never fought Stephan in a tournament battle. And ash always gets priority in these cases.

But Ash can't battle everyone. I think that the other rivals will get to battle the others off so that it makes way for Ash to get to where he needs to be quickly. And I don't want Bianca beating him either by the way.

Last edited:
Best Wishes' battle animations are really cool, but if the League feels rushed like many of the tournaments or even battles in this season, the animation won't save BW this time. : ( But because of this early battle, it keeps it new as a rival battle this early has never happened before. Maybe a rival will go further than Ash like Kanto. : D (Besides the "-sons")

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom