• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Am I the only one around here who...

Am I the only one thats lucky with IVs? Because I been getting really lucky with IVs without even trying. Like perfect IVs.

I don't even understand IVs, so I would have to say no.

Am I the only one who feels bad about exp grinding with Audino, and doesn't really do that?

Am I the only one thats lucky with IVs? Because I been getting really lucky with IVs without even trying. Like perfect IVs.

I don't even understand IVs, so I would have to say no.

Am I the only one who feels bad about exp grinding with Audino, and doesn't really do that?

I mostly feel bad, and I don't Exp grind in genral. I just think it takes alot of the difficulty out of the game. Even though I feel bad when I defeat an Audino, I didn't mind catching one and using it on my team. Audino's are accually underestimated as a Pokemon.

Am I the only one who blew up has a main game, like a game where they have all of their teams and Shiny Pokemon and Legendarys and stuff?

Am I the only one who sometimes thinks their Pokemon are real?

I like to think my Pokemon are real. :ksmile:

Am I the only one around here who thought "This is getting boring, whatever I'll just delete my game..." then a few months later "What have I done?!" and I totally regret deleting my game? (Like with my Pokémon Black and SoulSilver)

Am I the only one who deposits Pokemon before a Gym battle so I end up using the same number as the Gym Leader?

No you're not. I seriously thought that I was the only one who did this.

Am I the only one who makes sure none of the Pokemon in my team are higher leveled than a gym leader's strongest Pokemon.

Am I the only one around here who thought "This is getting boring, whatever I'll just delete my game..." then a few months later "What have I done?!" and I totally regret deleting my game? (Like with my Pokémon Black and SoulSilver)
Yep. With my White.
Am I the only one around here who used all the Unova starters a least twice?

Yep. With my White.
Am I the only one around here who used all the Unova starters a least twice?

I won't talk for the others, but I will for myself: yes, you are.

Am I the only one who does not care about killing Audino at all? I get happy when I bump into one because I go all "YES! Loads of experience!!"

What would you mean by "Action RPG"?

I would mean a sort of real-time battle system, something that could have Pokemon avoiding attacks and trying to pin the opponent in a tough position to gain an advantage. for instance, I sort of envision it somewhat akin to Dissidia Final Fantasy in terms of camera and movement physics. take a pick from any of a Pokemon's current learnset and lock it to four slots that can be used right away... Stats are treated the same way, except speed affects how fast your Pokemon can move around, Accuracy affects how on-target an attack's direction is launched, evasiveness affects how close you can avoid getting hit, all that stuff. perhaps have a sort of schizophrenic sort of pace when trying to handle Double Battles as you can issue orders to one Mon while switching focus to the next one.

the way I see it, I see the main series Game's Pokemon battles as more of "Endurance contests" in comparison. and I'm fully aware how there's 600+ Pokemon in total, but i would think that perhaps it'd be best if such an idea took steps... sort of slowly developing a means of becoming proficient as it adds each Generation's set of Pokemon.

I know my friends would groan if they caught me ranting about this again. but if the anime can come up with ideas like that, why not have the games take that a notch further... eventually?

oh, right, and am I the only one around here realizing that the biggest Level boosters a substantially levelled up Join Avenue has might turn out to bridge the gap between Grinding at LV 80 or so to LV 100 in a couple days?
Well,the good news is that you are correct....I have always thought that the battle system was not correct in Version games on how Pokemon should battle in Trainer battles but I tend to think that Pokemon battles are like what they show in TV...Turn based yet real time...like when I talked about this on another thread and im studing in video game disign so I can bring this to real life:http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f557/bu...ead-vol-4-a-132527/index1113.html#post4421722

if you look at the battle system in the consept I draw,,you can see that everything from Pokemon is there...Types,attacks HP, stats....All of that but instead of just selecting one attack per turn....You can use more then one attack per turn and that opens up the possibility of using attack combos like whet happens in the seasons of Diamond and Peral where...Ash had his Pokemon use attack combos all the time and also what you just said is somthing that most people dont want to see the whole point for this battle system and is the main point of being a Pokemon Trainer...

You get the battle and work with your Pokemon...You control how they fight,not the game,You decide what moves they can use...Not a move set by the game...

The Pokemon games lacks a part that is truly the main part of being a Pokemon trainer...You work with your Pokemon instead of the game...(Im working on it pal,so in a few years....I plan to go and get a job at The Pokemon Company and present the battle system in the link I gave you and hopfully...I will make Pokemon right.)

I feel really bad for people like you and me because we are the sad result of Poke fans that want a TRUE Pokemon game but have to go with what makes a company rich and just a bunch of people who want to just order there Pokemon around and use these weird terms for them like IV,EV...and all that jazz and plus with a half baked story and only focus on features.

Speaking of which....Am I the only one that thinks that the Version games has a terrible story line?

Am I the only one that thinks that the Version games has a terrible story line?

to quote Gametrailers in their review of Platinum:

"You're still a young trainer out to prove yourself, and along the way some outside organization has evil schemes to use Pokémon to their advantage ... It's really more about small sub-plots, and the entire premise is shallow. If you're looking for a profound story, or a significantly new tale, you'll be disappointed."

and continuing with story subjects... am I the only one that dreams if some insanely popular Pokemon fanfiction suddenly gets made into a convincing game, and perhaps leading fans to think maybe they can provide a fresh new idea once in awhile?

yes, I'm not just dreaming, I'm practically hallucinating it. but hey, it's not like Gamefreak or nintendo could come up with anything astronomically new outside of Side Series and spin-offs... story-wise, anyways.

Heh, yup. Like thats a big gigantic yup yup yup on that one.

I don't even know what IVs are. I think you're probably the only one, though.

Am I the only one around here who never used a repel in Castelia Sewers because I didn't want to because I don't really find the Zubats and Rattatas annoying there? I only found them mildly annoying for some reason but the Castelia Sewers weren't as bad as I thought, I think people are just overreacting, or just exaggerating.

Am I the only one here who take their time playing Pokemon games? I know people who already finished Black2 and White2 already and I haven't gotten it yet or finished White's post-game yet.
I'd have to say no. I'm only on my fourth Badge in Black2 as I've spent the last several days trying to bulk up my Poke Dex. I really have no desire to race through the game.

Am I the only one here who abuses the shops on their Join Avenue? Potions? Who needs 'em. I could go broke just buying all that Fresh Water by the case, though...

Am I the only one who blew up has a main game, like a game where they have all of their teams and Shiny Pokemon and Legendarys and stuff?

Because no one replied to you, No, You're not the only one.

Me and one of my friends both have a "Main Game" Where EVERY pokemon from EVERY playthrough goes. Atm, Mines Soulsilver and my friends is Black. Unfortunately, My White was nicked :l

When I finish B2 I'm making that my main game.

Am I the only one who broke my Grass-Type-Starter chain (Starting all the way from sapphire), Just because snivy really isnt good.?

Nope. I have two in fact, Diamond for Gen 4 and White for Gen 5. I used to use Emerald for Gen 3, but I had that file was so old by this year, around 7 years. That and they have covered all the Pokemon by Gen 5.

Am I the only one to wish that they would remake Emerald instead of RS?

Because the plot, characters and gameplay is just..better. RS made no sense! xD

Am I the only one who still has their old, first file from 2007 or even before that?

Am I the only one who uses Kecleon in their competitive team? xD (Even more so, Bisharp AND Zoroak? Haha)

Am I the only one who has NEVER caught the Red Gyarados?

Nope. I have two in fact, Diamond for Gen 4 and White for Gen 5. I used to use Emerald for Gen 3, but I had that file was so old by this year, around 7 years. That and they have covered all the Pokemon by Gen 5.

Am I the only one to wish that they would remake Emerald instead of RS?

Because the plot, characters and gameplay is just..better. RS made no sense! xD

Am I the only one who still has their old, first file from 2007 or even before that?

Am I the only one who uses Kecleon in their competitive team? xD (Even more so, Bisharp AND Zoroak? Haha)

Am I the only one who has NEVER caught the Red Gyarados?

Wow, those are a lot of questions. Let me see...

I can't care less. Either remake is good to me.

No, you're not. I started my Diamond file in July 2007 and I still haven't erased it (and I'm not planning on doing so).

Eh, well... I'll talk for myself: yes, you are. Hahahaha.

Again, talking for myself: yes, you are.

Ok, now my question:

Am I the only one around here who resents Game Freak for having gotten rid of the Vs. Seeker? That was the most useful tool ever.

Am I the only one around here who resents Game Freak for having gotten rid of the Vs. Seeker? That was the most useful tool ever.

Probably not, but I honestly never used it. I'm not disappointed to have it gone.

Am I the only one around here without a DS model more recent that the Ds lite?

Probably not, but I honestly never used it. I'm not disappointed to have it gone.

Am I the only one around here without a DS model more recent that the Ds lite?

If you had used it, you would miss it too. It was extremely useful, especially when training weak Pokémon. Training in HeartGold is a pain in the butt because you have to train with wild Pokémon mandatorily (well, you can re-challenge Gym Leaders or wait for trainers to call you to for a rematch). The good thing was choosing when you wanted to battle a certain trainer again, and you could do it as many times as you wanted.

No, I also have a DS Lite. I'm planning on buying a 3DS soon, though. My touch screen isn't working very well.

Am I the only one around here who thinks Generation V introduced the most interesting type combinations out of all the generations? I mean, Bug/Electric, Bug/Fire, Water/Ghost, Ghost/Fire, Grass/Steel, etc.

Am I the only one around here who thinks Generation V introduced the most interesting type combinations out of all the generations? I mean, Bug/Electric, Bug/Fire, Water/Ghost, Ghost/Fire, Grass/Steel, etc.

I also thought that, too - but only for Bug/Electric, Bug/Fire, and Bug/Steel - I think that was Genesect.

Am I the only one around here who never uses Rare Candies, never sell them, but just keep in the bag for all eternity?

I also thought that, too - but only for Bug/Electric, Bug/Fire, and Bug/Steel - I think that was Genesect.

Am I the only one around here who never uses Rare Candies, never sell them, but just keep in the bag for all eternity?

Well, Bug/Steel has existed since Gen II. Forretress and Scizor, remember?

I do that usually

am I the only one who wants to see joey become champion

Yes, you are.

Am I the only one around here who wants a Water/Fire Pokémon to exist?

No you aren't.

Am I the only person who has played through every game and has never seen a wild shiny (aside from the Red Gyarados of course)?

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom