• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Iran's Currency Collapses, Mass Protests and Crackdown Result

Eredar Warlock

追放されたバカ
Reaction score
Iran cracks down on money changers as currency continues to fall | Fox News

Fox News said:
TEHRAN, Iran – Iranian authorities used aggressive measures Wednesday in an attempt to halt the nosedive of the country's currency, making arrests, vowing to stamp out sidewalk money changers and warning merchants against fueling the mounting public anger over the economy.

There were unconfirmed reports of sporadic violence. Associated Press photos showed riot police blocking a street with the charred hulks of a garbage can and a motorcycle that had been set on fire. Smoke was rising from the area in central Tehran near the main bazaar.

The sweeping responses to the freefall of the rial -- which has lost more than a third of its value in a week -- underscored the worries for Iranian leaders after months of dismissing the West's economic squeeze seeking to rein in Tehran's nuclear program. A declining currency causes shifts in an economy such as making imported goods more expensive.

Although the currency crisis is blamed on a combination of factors -- including internal government policies -- the rush to dump rials appears to reflect an underlying perception that international sanctions have deepened problems such as runaway inflation and soaring prices for imports and that the only safe hedge is to grab dollars or euros.

If the economic turmoil intensifies, it could boost pressure on the ruling system before elections next June to pick President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad's successor. That has the potential to hinder nuclear talks with the West until after the elections.

One of Ahmadinejad's main critics, parliament speaker Ali Larijani, has led the calls to blame the currency crisis mostly on allegedly misguided government monetary policies.

In reply, Ahmadinejad warned that he could consider resigning if his government is put under too much pressure.

"Now is not the time for anybody to settle accounts," Ahmadinejad said Tuesday as the rial hit a record low. "If my presence is a burden on you, (the solution is for me to) write one line to say goodbye."

Tuesday's rate of 35,500 rials against the U.S. dollar compared with 24,000 a week ago on the unofficial street trading rate, which is widely followed in Iran. It was close to 10,000 rials for $1 as recently as early 2011.

Exchange houses were closed Wednesday, and currency websites were blocked from providing updates on the latest rates.

Public grumbling has grown steadily louder over a punishing combination of a falling currency and rising prices, which have put some staples such as chicken and lamb out of reach of many low-income Iranians. Earlier this week, a petition signed by about 10,000 workers was sent to the labor minister to complain that even paying rents has become a struggle.

The owner of a furniture showroom said he hasn't made a sale in 10 days while his workshop rent has been increased by 30 percent. He said one of his workers bought a can of tuna for lunch Saturday for 35,000 rials, or about 98 cents at the current exchange rate. The next day it was 45,000 rials, or $1.26, said Hamid, who gave only his first name because of warnings by Iranian officials not to discuss the economic situation with the media.

"Even Afghan workers are going home since it doesn't make sense to work in Iran with a currency that's worth less and less," he said.

At Tehran's bazaar -- the traditional business hub in Iran's capital -- merchants appeared to stage widespread closures to protest the stumbling economy. The sprawling bazaar has played a critical role in charting Iran's political course -- leading a revolt that wrung pro-democratic concession from the ruling monarchy more than a century ago and siding with the 1979 Islamic Revolution.

The semiofficial Mehr news agency quoted police Col. Khalili Helali as saying the bazaar was not officially closed and that authorities will take action against many merchants who have shuttered their shops.

"Police will deal with the guilds that have closed their shops to cause (economic) disruption," Mehr quoted Helali as saying.

Meanwhile, anti-riot police patrolled streets in central Tehran where freelance money dealers work. Police units also were deployed in key shopping areas.

Iran's economy minister vowed to break the black market, which effectively sets the exchange rates. The unofficial market will be "rounded up," Shamseddin Hosseini was quoted as saying by Mehr.

The news agency also reported that some arrests were made for attempts to "disrupt the economy" and that at least two "foreigners" were detained for trying to "gather information" about the police action.

There were no further details. Iran has placed broad restrictions on foreign media that severely limit the ability for firsthand reporting on the streets.

In Washington, Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton said Iran's leaders deserve responsibility for what is going on.

"They have made their own government decisions, having nothing to do with the sanctions, that have had an impact on the economic conditions inside the country," Clinton told reporters. She said the sanctions have had an impact as well, but that could be quickly remedied if the Iranian government were willing to work with the international community "in a sincere manner."

The West suspects that Iran is using its civilian nuclear program as a cover to develop the capacity to build nuclear weapons. Iran insists its program is peaceful and geared toward generating electricity and medical radioisotopes to treat cancer patients.

The U.S. and allies say sanctions and diplomacy remain the best routes to leverage nuclear concessions from Iran even as Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu is appealing for a "red line" that could trigger possible military action.

Netanyahu argues that the sanctions have hurt Iran's economy and curbed its oil exports but have not changed what he says are Tehran's intentions to develop nuclear weapons.

The causes for the rial's fall draw from many roots.

The Western sanctions include blocking Iran from the main international banking networks, which made it difficult for Iranian businesses to borrow money and forced many firms to pay with cash for imports.

At the same time, Iran's Central Bank began facing increasing troubles meeting demands for dollars. Sanctions on Iran's oil exports have cut into its foreign currency revenue, and banks in Dubai and elsewhere closed off transactions with Iran.

Critics of Ahmadinejad also say his government added to the frenzy to dump rials with policies such as limiting bank interest rates, which led depositors to pull their cash in fear it wouldn't keep pace with inflation.

But the intangible elements -- the idea that even leaner days are ahead -- appeared to kick in this week with consumer prices continuing to rise and rumors abounding that banks would limit withdrawals from dollar accounts.

In a sign of the multi-layered theories swirling in Iran, some economists and experts have accused the government of trying to devalue its currency in order to meet its own budget deficit.

The government earns more than 90 percent of Iran's overall foreign exchange revenues as a result of oil sales. Higher dollar rates bring more rials into the treasury to pay salaries and fund state programs, such as guarantee stipends to compensate for the withdrawal of fuel and food subsidies last year.

Hosseini, the economy minister, challenged the government's critics to provide more than just claims.

"We are not after devaluating rial," the semi-official Fars news agency quoted Hosseini as saying. "Those who make such claims better offer evidence."

Iran’s Rial Is Tanking & The People Have Taken to the Streets | Video | TheBlaze.com

Here's a graph:

b05qen.jpeg

The red line is what Iran's rial is compared to the dollar. The dates are in the Persian calendar, hence the odd dates.

Perhaps Iran's futures with Israel are not so certain. All it seems it will take is a spark and the Green Revolution will come roaring back.

Tensions at Iran's General Staff have got to be running high.

Of course it's collapsing, the terrorist Israel-backing West's imposing sanctions on a country that's simply one of the strongest (if not THE strongest) Arab countries in the Middle-East. Can't have that around, is it, Netanyahu? Not that I like to support an Islamic Republic, but Iran did nothing wrong.

Fox News said:
She said the sanctions have had an impact as well, but that could be quickly remedied if the Iranian government were willing to work with the international community "in a sincere manner."

Perhaps that's why Iran signed the nuclear non-proliferation program (unlike Israel) and has allowed inspections on its facilities (again, unlike Israel)? Why is this not mentioned in the media?

The West suspects that Iran is using its civilian nuclear program as a cover to develop the capacity to build nuclear weapons. Iran insists its program is peaceful and geared toward generating electricity and medical radioisotopes to treat cancer patients.

Who has been the one harassing and the one who has been harassed all this time?
The media would like to make us believe that Middle-East has "always" been in a turmoil, when the majority of conflicts there since the WW2 have happened because of Israel. Where's the evidence that Iran's "hiding" its nukes beside empty accusations, when Israel has dozens of nuclear, chemical, and biological arms? If it doesn't, why would they need to reject international inspections?
Under the treaty, Iran IS allowed to have nuclear energy for peaceful purposes. Netanyahu is not one to talk about this. Ahmadinejad is so right when he says that Israel's the most dangerous state in Middle-East.

The U.S. and allies say sanctions and diplomacy remain the best routes to leverage nuclear concessions from Iran even as Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu is appealing for a "red line" that could trigger possible military action.

So basically, a false flag to forcibly drag Iran into war? And West's fully supporting this?! Wouldn't the media create a huge scandal if the situations were reversed?

Netanyahu argues that the sanctions have hurt Iran's economy and curbed its oil exports but have not changed what he says are Tehran's intentions to develop nuclear weapons.

Maybe they're developing, and maybe they're even hiding them, but then why don't you look at your house first? Go ahead, allow inspections in your own country (that has violated more UN resolutions than everyone else in the world combined) and then you can talk. And even if by any chance they do not find weapons of mass destruction in Israel, who's to say that Netanyahu's not hiding them too?

Last edited:
Iran did nothing wrong.
Right... other than sponsor terrorism, repeatedly threaten to wipe the neighboring Jewish state off the map, human rights violations, violate a score of international sanctions and threaten war with the West if we stand between them and Israel.

Innocent as can be.

Right... other than sponsor terrorism

Umm, I'm a bit lost here... what terrorism, exactly? I'm serious here.

repeatedly threaten to wipe the neighboring Jewish state off the map

Given how Israel has been the one responsible to send its agents towards the other Arab countries (like how they started the unrest in the economically prosperous Syria with the "rebels") to start revolutions and weaken them, I don't find that entirely unreasonable, especially because of the way the country was founded, which I explain in my next points.
Did you know that the Israel-backing CIA overthrew the productive Iranian economy by eliminating the democratically-elected government in 1953 (that was getting rich through its oil reserves) and installing a dictator? Is it any wonder that the Iranians eventually had enough and began a revolution in 1979 to get their country back?
Israel has also stolen lands from countries like Iraq, Lebanon, Syria, Jordan and Egypt, by force.

human rights violations

Like forcefully bulldozing through buildings in Palestine starting from the 1940s, killing, torturing and displacing tens of thousands of the locals, discriminating on them because of their ethnicity (they cannot be admitted on the military, for example) and refusing many to return to the lands they and their ancestors had lived in for thousands of years? What about them actively mocking the Christians there, their churches and monasteries?
I'm not saying Iran is a saint, they have certainly committed their share of injustices, but what they've done pales in comparison to the horrors that Israel done and does. The tragedies don't stop existing just because they're not talked about.

violate a score of international sanctions

I'm not doubting Iran violates a few, but can you give me examples? What about the 79 UN resolutions that Israel has violated between 1948 and 2010, for example?

and threaten war with the West if we stand between them and Israel.

Why should a country that is known internationally to be the one that sponsors organized crime the most be helped by the West (you know, I can give other examples of terrorism)?

I also find it a huge double standard that Israel's leaders (not exactly their people, it's the leaders that give their people a bad name, like US) want their state to be as more ethnically homogeneous as possible, yet they fight for Europe to become multicultural?

Innocent as can be.

Compared to Israel (Netanyahu has the nerve to be the one accusing), yes, they're quite innocent. Maybe I was a bit rash when I originally said "they did nothing wrong", but the point stands, many of the bad things they did were in response to Israel's bullying policy. How do you expect them to act when Israel constantly demonizes Iran in the press and cherry picks whatever evil they do? Crawl back and allow their country to be taken over by Israel and its blindly-following West's NATO forces?

Last edited:
If Israel wante to take over Iran, it would have happened. Where in the world are you getting that idea from?

No, Israel's attitude from Iran comes from the Mullahs and Ahmadinejad constantly saying that Israel should be "wiped from the map" and enacting policy to that end. Give them a nuclear weapon? The leaders are religious zealots on a scale more extreme than the Catholic Church of the 1600s. Mutually Assured Destruction will not deter them. If they get a nuke, they will use it, either on the United States or Israel, and damn the inevitable conversion of their desert into glass. You might even say they welcome it, given the 12ther movement in the leadership's inner circle.

Umm, I'm a bit lost here... what terrorism, exactly? I'm serious here.

Iran is believed to sponsor terrorist groups across the Middle East. They cooperate with Hezbollah and the Taliban. They are believed to have coordinated recent bomb plots across several countries, including India, Kenya, Thailand, Bulgaria, and The Republic of Georgia. They are currently supplying arms to Bashar al-Assad in Syria. They see the West as evil. It is why they call the US "The Great Satan". Israel is "The Little Satan". The last source I cited notes:

Khamenei concluded his uncharacteristically moderate sermon with the following ringing remarks:

We Iranians intend no harm to any nation, nor will we be the first to attack any nation. We do not deny the right of any polity in any place on God's earth to exist and prosper. We are a peace-loving country whose only wish is to live, and to let live, in peace.

Without missing a beat, or evincing a discernible hint of irony, the reporter who covered the event continued:

The congregation of worshippers, some 7,000 in number, expressed their unanimous support for the Supreme Leader's words by repeatedly chanting, marg bar Omrika, marg bar Esra'il "Death to America! Death to Israel!"

This is not as strange as it sounds. Chanting "Death to America! Death to Israel!" has been the way Iranians applaud for over a quarter-century. When the soccer team from Isfahan scores a goal against the soccer team from Shiraz, its fans cheer wildly: "Death to America! Death to Israel!" At the end of an exquisitely performed sitar solo, the genteel audience in a concert hall in Tabriz shows its appreciation by loudly heaping imprecations upon "International Arrogance" (the USA) and "its Bastard Offspring" (the Jewish state). Even during the hajj, the annual Muslim pilgrimage to Mecca, Iranian participants have replaced their traditionally pious ejaculations of "I am at your service, O Lord, there is none like unto you!" with responsive Persian cursing sessions aimed at the Hebrew- and English-speaking enemies of everything that is holy. Like the daily "Two Minutes Hate" in George Orwell's "1984," this venom-spewing is the mantra upon which an entire generation of Iranians has been raised.

Given how Israel has been the one responsible to send its agents towards the other Arab countries (like how they started the unrest in the economically prosperous Syria with the "rebels") to start revolutions and weaken them, I don't find that entirely unreasonable, especially because of the way the country was founded, which I explain in my next points.

Mohammed Bouazizi is generally recognized as the man who started the Arab Spring protests. He set fire to himself in the office of the governor of Tunis. People followed his example. Many of the protests in the Middle East are perceived as negative toward Israel's long-term security -- especially Egypt, which is now controlled by Islamists who are not entirely friendly toward Israel. I'm not qualified enough to truly comment as to what is in Israel's national interests.

Israel has also stolen lands from countries like Iraq, Lebanon, Syria, Jordan and Egypt, by force.

Those countries all waged war against Israel at various points. (Iraq does not border Israel.) It's a contentious issue.

@ivantuga2 The two previous posters have adequately responded to your sub-points, but this all pales in comparison to the larger point that I called into question the suggestion that Iran was innocent, and your counter-argument was a tirade against Israel. This doesn't address Iran's atrocities at all and is, frankly, irrelevant.

Iran is a radical and dangerous state, and has made its intentions clear. If Iran were to obtain the kind of weaponry that you correctly assert Israel already possesses, they have vowed in advance to commit far greater crimes against humanity than anything the Jewish state can be accused of.

This idea that Israel acquiring land via war (the same way virtually every nation in the history of the world has at one point or another established borders) somehow justifies Iran's savagery is, frankly, a disturbing and disingenuous notion.

...As a direct result of sanctions. That's the thread, before it spiraled into Iran vs. Israel.

Iran is believed... Let me stop you right there, who are you trying to convince? Me or yourself? When I ask on what firm ground the accusations against Iran stand, I'm met with "we suppose, they probably would if they could, but they have denied" and immediately I discard it for bullshit, I'll let it slide, again.

Let's say Iran aknowledges Hezbollah's intentions to defend the country from a possible Israeli attack, does this mean they are in any control of the actions taken by the organisation? You might read on fallacious sources that Iran both politically and financially support Hezbollah with weapons and training, however, Iran has denied to this. It boils down to what Hezbollah actually is, doesn't it? The U.S. together with the Israeli government has frequently requested the EU to blacklist Hezbollah, you've got 8 countries so far around the world, in contrast to the mere 54 that responded with a condemnation of the war in Iraq.

If you were to investigate these bomb plots you'd find no relation to Iran. This is how simple it is: you'll base this accusation on a baseless accusation, from, let me guess; Israel backed by the U.S.? None other than those two countries immediately pointed fingers at Iran. Still, here we are, trying to look at things from a not so partial perspective?

And gee I wonder how come their view on the west is so mean. In america you fight for WBC's right to picket your dead son's funeral, of course "The innocence of muslims" isn't hate-speech and must be defended, as your rights might just be taken away by these backwards censoring muslims.

Those countries all waged war against Israel at various points. (Iraq does not border Israel.) It's a contentious issue.
Let's not go into how valid the illegal occupation down there is, it's not very nice conversation material.

If Israel wante to take over Iran, it would have happened. Where in the world are you getting that idea from?

No, Israel's attitude from Iran comes from the Mullahs and Ahmadinejad constantly saying that Israel should be "wiped from the map" and enacting policy to that end. Give them a nuclear weapon? The leaders are religious zealots on a scale more extreme than the Catholic Church of the 1600s. Mutually Assured Destruction will not deter them. If they get a nuke, they will use it, either on the United States or Israel, and damn the inevitable conversion of their desert into glass. You might even say they welcome it, given the 12ther movement in the leadership's inner circle.

Ahmadinejad called for Zionism to be wiped from the page of history, not Israel. Unless your only source of news comes from Faux News Glorious American Propaganda Machine where Anders Behring Breivik couldn't have been christian because christians are the good guys, you'd know better. I recommend you re-read ivantuga2's posts concerning Israel and its nuclear weapons.

@ivantuga2 The two previous posters have adequately responded to your sub-points, but this all pales in comparison to the larger point that I called into question the suggestion that Iran was innocent, and your counter-argument was a tirade against Israel. This doesn't address Iran's atrocities at all and is, frankly, irrelevant.

Iran is a radical and dangerous state, and has made its intentions clear. If Iran were to obtain the kind of weaponry that you correctly assert Israel already possesses, they have vowed in advance to commit far greater crimes against humanity than anything the Jewish state can be accused of.

This idea that Israel acquiring land via war (the same way virtually every nation in the history of the world has at one point or another established borders) somehow justifies Iran's savagery is, frankly, a disturbing and disingenuous notion.

If you're talking about Iran's atrocities, you must be prepared to discuss it in relation to what Israel has spewed out. Israel happens to be the main aggressor in the region. Considering the U.S.'s violations of human rights (guantanamo makes its appearance in this discussion as in any), exploitations in the middle east, blind patriotism and a tireless partial stance in most conflicts, the sole country to drop nuclear bombs (another crime against humanity) and yet til this day believe civilians in the thousands are disposable enough not to apologize for it... The list could go on, but if I've made myself clear you'd realize which country is the dangerous one.
Considering Iraq has a story to tell, your baseless accusations against Iran become more than disgusting.

I completely forgot about the american drone that was shot down in Iranian airspace, or the state-sponsored terrorism that's killed innocent nuclear scientists that's worked on a peaceful nuclear program. I could go on for hours.

Last edited:
Wow... Westboro Baptist Church... Innocence of Muslims... West Bank Settlements... "Faux News" (a tired pun, by the way, and attacking an article's publisher without addressing the content? Logical fallacy)... Breivik trial...the evils of Israel... Guantanamo Bay... Hiroshima... Iraq... apparently I'm "disgusting"... drones...

I could go on for hours.
I don't doubt that. The trouble is, though, you've elected to veer into an infinite spectrum of irrelevant soapbox issues that are largely unrelated to the topic at hand, you've assumed a drippingly condescending tone, and you've attacked the source material of the thread without providing a single alternative source.

If you would like to talk about how vile Israel is, you are free to do so, but this thread is about Iran. The idea that one can rationalize Iran's actions by pointing to another offending nation in the region is an ineffectual defense of a radical regime.

On a more personal level, no matter what you say about Israel, I just have a hard time feeling sorry for a nation that proudly executes homosexuals, where women are legally defined as half of a man, victims of human trafficking are arrested and charged with adultery, and the President of Iran denies the Holocaust ever happened.

Yes, I can take points out of context with little effort aswell.

and attacking an article's publisher without addressing the content? Logical fallacy)...

What content did I miss to address? I was mocking Fox in address to this false claim that the fair and balanced station is responsible for:

Eredar Warlock said:
Ahmadinejad constantly saying that Israel should be "wiped from the map" and enacting policy to that end.

apparently I'm "disgusting"

Did you read my post before you advanced? This is what I responded to:

Where are you getting this from exactly? Please show me what I'm missing out on because these accusations are indeed outrageous, and if baseless; disgusting. When I point out how dangerous the U.S. is, I don't need to lie, but all you need to do is to comfortably ignore it.

On a more personal level, no matter what you say about Israel, I just have a hard time feeling sorry for a nation that proudly executes homosexuals, where women are legally defined as half of a man, victims of human trafficking are arrested and charged with adultery, and the President of Iran denies the Holocaust ever happened.

I'm sorry to inform you that the opposite side of the planet doesn't resemble your backyard. But tell me how come the people of Iraq and Afghanistan aren't enjoying their american given freedom and prosperity? Why are they mourning civilian casualties? Why are they burning american flags? Are they just anti-american?

I'm sorry to inform you that the opposite side of the planet doesn't resemble your backyard.
Excuse me? Are you reducing Iran's heinous crimes against humanity to mere cultural differences?

Excuse me? Are you reducing Iran's heinous crimes against humanity to mere cultural differences?

I might come off as condenscending when I say this but, what you (and me both) view as oppression of women and homosexuals is actually not a crime against humanity.

The last thing we need is for the world police to declare war on oppression and correct other countries laws to reflect the views of its own.

Last edited:

I might come off as condenscending when I say this but, what you (and me both) view as oppression of women and homosexuals is actually not a crime against humanity.

The last thing we need is for the world police to declare war on oppression and correct other countries laws to reflect the views of its own.
"Crimes Against Humanity," as defined by the Rome Statute of the International Criminal Court:

"are particularly odious offenses in that they constitute a serious attack on human dignity or grave humiliation or a degradation of one or more human beings. They are not isolated or sporadic events, but are part either of a government policy (although the perpetrators need not identify themselves with this policy) or of a wide practice of atrocities tolerated or condoned by a government or a de facto authority. Murder; extermination; torture; rape; political, racial, or religious persecution and other inhumane acts reach the threshold of crimes against humanity only if they are part of a widespread or systematic practice. Isolated inhumane acts of this nature may constitute grave infringements of human rights, or depending on the circumstances, war crimes, but may fall short of falling into the category of crimes under discussion."

The actions I listed are not isolated incidents, but Iranian policies - thus, they transcend mere infringements on human rights and are, in fact, crimes against humanity (except the last one, which is of course merely a reflection of their President's ignorance of world history).

This is a fact, not an opinion. Systematically seeking out and executing homosexuals is a crime against humanity, it's not open for interpretation.

"Crimes Against Humanity," as defined by the Rome Statute of the International Criminal Court:

So by this definition, applying the capital punishment to what a country consider a crime is a crime against humanity? I've read of a country that systematically practice this, it also got torture in the backyard.

So by this definition, applying the capital punishment to what a country consider a crime is a crime against humanity? I've read of a country that systematically practice this, it also got torture in the backyard.
I don't buy for a second that you actually got that interpretation from reading that definition. You're smarter than that. According to that definition, applying capital punishment to the "crime" of being who you are (race, gender, sexual orientation, etc.) is a crime against humanity.

Existing as a homosexual shouldn't be punishable by death anywhere. I can't believe I even have to state that.

EDIT: Also, I'm really growing weary of this strategy of dragging other countries into this to try to rationalize Iran's actions. Morality is not relative. If EVERY country in the world executed homosexuals, it would still be a crime against humanity, and it would still be reprehensible. Besides, the U.S. (who I assume you're referring to) doesn't execute anyone for their race, gender, or sexual orientation, they only apply capital punishment to crimes of choice. This is apples to oranges anyway.

Last edited:
If EVERY country in the world executed homosexuals, it would still be a crime against humanity.

No. If my country executed homosexuals, I wouldn't recognize it as a crime against humanity. My country haven't recognized Hezbollah as a terrorist organization, but how am I supposed to look at it if Israel has? But if this isn't a cultural difference, and just the evil side of the world, I don't know how to explain my stance on this issue to you.
The reasons why I'm highlighting the failures and double standards of the U.S. should become apparent if you want to look into human rights, Israel has been a poster child of such good behaviour. Just look at it, these are the good guys.
I'm not sure how "irrelevant" it might be to throw the U.S. into the discussion on Iran's currency, like I said in my first post: ...As a direct result of sanctions.

This thread isn't to discuss whether or not killing homosexuals simply for being homosexuals is a crime against humanity (it is, by the way), nor is it to discuss nations' comparative moralities. Please get back on topic, everyone.

Wow Iran's economy is taking a nosedive! Even migrant workers are leaving the country, that's when you know it's bad. I wonder if this will largely effect the rest of the worlds economy.

Wow Iran's economy is taking a nosedive! Even migrant workers are leaving the country, that's when you know it's bad. I wonder if this will largely effect the rest of the worlds economy.

Nah, probaby not very much. Iran's a pretty secluded country.

It won't. The entire reason Iran's economy is collapsing is because the world has cut them off - so if they go belly-up, the results of an Iran-less world economy will be exactly what you see today.

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom