• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview BW103: "Opening of the Isshu League Higaki Conference!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been doing some counting:

Pikachu: 11
Unfezant: 3
Oshawott: 5
Pignite: 8
Snivy: 5
Scraggy: 5
Leavanny: 4
Palpitoad: 3
Boldore: 2
Krookodile: 4

Thease are known victories each of Ash's team has had in Best Wishes, every Pokemon they ever KO'd in an actual battle so this includes ties.

Dosen't look to me like anyone other than Pikachu is read for this.

Now look at rival Pokemon victories:

Serperior: 8
Emboar: 3 (It also managed to earn her first two gym badges on its own)
Sawk: 4

Also bear in mind that their trainers each earned 8 badges, probaly with their help. Finally, their trainers aren't even main characters, not appearing in most episodes, and they all beat some of Ash's. Seperior only outclassed by Pikachu.

Its not as if Iris and Cilan's Pokemon have been stealing the wins:

Axew: 1
Excadrill: 3 (+99 when he was a Drillbur)
Emolga: 3
Dragonite: 2
Pansage: 5
Crustle: 6
Stunfisk: 1

My point being:

Pikachu: 8
Staraptor: 9
Torterra: 10
Buizel: 7
Infernape: 19

before the Sinnoh league, probaly more (I don't know DP as well as BW)

In conclusion Ash's team is not ready for the league. Full stop

Given the weak competition of this league compared to the Sinnoh League Ash was in previously, his crappy BW team could easily hang in the upcoming Unova League's top 8 at the very least.

He's going to get Top 2 minimum if you use logic. Let's say Trip is for the Top 32, so:

Trip: Top 32
Bianca: Top 16
Stephen: Top 8
Kotetsu: Top 4
Virgil: Top 2 or Winner

If Ash battles all his rivals, then just going by logic even if he loses to Virgil he should still come in 2nd.

Unless he just stops at the top 4. He's never gone down, but he has been in the top 8 twice.

If Ash battles all his rivals, then just going by logic even if he loses to Virgil he should still come in 2nd.

Of course, this is assuming that Ash's battle with Trip is indeed the Top 32 round, and not a Top 64 or 128 round. Ash will most likely make it to the Top 4 again.

This also assumes he actually does battle every one of his main rivals.

Even if he doesn't they can always throw in a short montage battle against a random trainer, like the Sinnoh league did with the short Snorlax battle we saw.

True enough, but even that's only assuming he battles enough opponents - be they main rivals or filler rivals - to reach the finals before Virgil.

He's going to get Top 2 minimum if you use logic. Let's say Trip is for the Top 32, so:

I dunno about this now certainly Ash should most likely place top 4 or no less than top 8 but going by the pattern I have analysed, to me it will go like this.

Indigo:Ash placed Top 16
Silver:Ash placed Top 8
Ever Grande:Ash placed Top 8 again
Lily of the Valley:Ash placed Top 4
Higaki:Seeing as he repeats his placement at least once starting from Johto, I believe Ash will once again place no higher than Top 4 once again.

Now, If we go by the predictions quoted above with Ash battling all but one of his rivals preferably not battling Stephen, then Ash will likely place no higher than Top 4 and no lower than Top 8.

Top 32... I doubt the League will cover only 32 trainers, probably 64 or 128. So add more COTDs there. =p

Also, I believe it will be:
Trip: Top 64
COTD: Top 32. Bianca will battle against Stephen and will lose.
Stephen: Top 16
Kotetsu: Top 8
Virgil: Top 4

If Ash manages to beat every of those trainers, it will be the time to call Trollbias.

-edit-

Well Said

Uh, wrong button. It was supposed to click on "Go Advanced", rather than "Post Quick Reply".

Last edited:
The league is giving me some serious sinnoh GF vibes here.

Ash-Dawn
Virgil-Zoey
Trip-Kenny
Kotetsu-Jessalina
Stephan-Nando
Ursula-Bianca

If we look hard enough, Trip gets quickly eliminated in the first round, Bianca fights immediately afterwards, Stephan and kotetsu have a good chance at showing up later and Virgil will likely be last.

Stephan and Kotetsu both fight in this Ep with zebstrika and ferrotjorn both are moving on to round 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom