• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview Virgil and Eevees

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm guessing 2 things;

1. This guy is some type of Pokemon Ranger and he helps Ash and crew out in some kind of situation; along with Eevee promotional for some new evolution in the near future.

2. This guy is going to be one of Ash's competitors in the league, he and Ash battle and its probably a full battle. Ash is winning it seems with the final match being Virgil's Eevee being the last Pokemon being used on his side. He's battling one of Ash's team possibly Pikachu (to mimic Gary's first battle with Ash back at the end of the Orange Islands) and when it looks like Pikachu is winning Eevee bust out with a new evolution and wins the match.

Also showing a new Pokemon from Gen. 6, kind of reminds me of the match with Harrison.

1. This guy is some typ e of Pokemon Ranger and he helps Ash and crew out in some kind of situation; along with Eevee promotional for some new evolution in the near future.

You might have somehting there :-/

2. This guy is going to be one of Ash's competitors in the league[

Already been confirmed

he and Ash battle and its probably a full battle. Ash is winning it seems with the final match being Virgil's Eevee being the last Pokemon being used on his side. He's battling one of Ash's team possibly Pikachu (to mimic Gary's first battle with Ash back at the end of the Orange Islands) and when it looks like Pikachu is winning Eevee bust out with a new evolution and wins the match.

Also showing a new Pokemon from Gen. 6, kind of reminds me of the match with Harrison.

Got something there too

What gen 6 pokemon? I didn't see on there and there is nothing about it on bulbanews or google.

He's just speculating. Though it might be just a bit early to be introducing a Gen Sixer (though you just never know what Shopro & Gamefreak have got up their sleeves...)

What gen 6 pokemon? I didn't see on there and there is nothing about it on bulbanews or google.

He's just speculating. Though it might be just a bit early to be introducing a Gen Sixer (though you just never know what Shopro & Gamefreak have got up their sleeves...)

The fact that he's already got the existing 7 Eeveelutions plus an Eevee fuels this speculation. Unless they're doing a repeat of the Battling Eevee Brothers from the first season, this could be a teaser.

Has a new gen ever been revealed through a TV episode? All of the gen reveals have taken place through movies, I think.

If anything we're overdue. This is the first time a League has ever begun without a new generation Pokemon having already been revealed.

If anything we're overdue. This is the first time a League has ever begun without a new generation Pokemon having already been revealed.

Munchlax came so early people thought it was gen 3 so in a way it doesn't count. Though that might be a stretch. They probably have the Eevee for the cute factor and toys not for an new evolution.

Munchlax came so early people thought it was gen 3 so in a way it doesn't count. Though that might be a stretch. They probably have the Eevee for the cute factor and toys not for an new evolution.

Munchlax was just one of the pre-League Gen 4 Pokemon. Lucario, Weavile, Bonsly, and Mime Jr. were all also shown by the time of the Hoenn League.

Though that's mainly because we're having the League a little earlier than usual this series. Though I'm glad of it. Surely I'm not the only one who get annoyed when a Pokemon is trotted out before its Generation when the writers have little or nothing to work with *coughtogepicough*

Munchlax was just one of the pre-League Gen 4 Pokemon. Lucario, Weavile, Bonsly, and Mime Jr. were all also shown by the time of the Hoenn League.

Problem there is that three of those five didn't really do anything (no, I'm not counting Munchlax's BS deus ex machina evolution in Movie 7), with a fourth playing a small role a lot of pokes could've filled just as well.

Last edited:
Though that's mainly because we're having the League a little earlier than usual this series. Though I'm glad of it. Surely I'm not the only one who get annoyed when a Pokemon is trotted out before its Generation when the writers have little or nothing to work with *coughtogepicough*

Actually, the League happening right now was to be expected. Odd numbered generations have had their Leagues earlier and get followed by filler arcs; even numbered generations have had their Leagues at the very end of the generation.

Problem there is that three of those five didn't really do anything (no, I'm not counting Munchlax's BS deus ex machina evolution in Movie 7), with a fourth playing a small role a lot of pokes could've filled just as well.

Regardless of whether they did anything, they were revealed and that's what matters.

WRONG!! click on the names buddy.

Checked all of their anime appearances were all after the Ever grande conference.

Checked all of their anime appearances were all after the Ever grande conference.

Regardless of whether they did anything, they were revealed and that's what matters.

The anime is but one medium to display new Pokemon. Whether or not they actually appear in it is entirely up to the writers. All I'm saying, is that it's odd we haven't seen anything yet period. Virgil's Eevee is just asking to evolve...

The anime is but one medium to display new Pokemon. Whether or not they actually appear in it is entirely up to the writers. All I'm saying, is that it's odd we haven't seen anything yet period. Virgil's Eevee is just asking to evolve...

What media exactly both mystery dungeon 1 and XD came out after Saved by the Beldum and unlike Zoroark . Plus the writers writing the series at faster pace isn't going magically make game freak to be willing to reveal their pokemon at an earlier stage of development. It only has been a couple years since gen V. The anime has a thing for unevolved pokemon so I think it's a stretch to say its asking to be evolved. And I doubt they will release less than two eevee evo's at a time and he only one Eevee. Eevee's here to advertise BW2.

What media exactly both mystery dungeon 1 and XD came out after Saved by the Beldum and unlike Zoroark.

CoroCoro. Lucario was in February's issue months before the League, and the other three were shown as silhouettes in April and fully revealed in May.

Plus the writers writing the series at faster pace isn't going magically make game freak to be willing to reveal their pokemon at an earlier stage of development. It only has been a couple years since gen V. The anime has a thing for unevolved pokemon so I think it's a stretch to say its asking to be evolved. And I doubt they will release less than two eevee evo's at a time and he only one Eevee. Eevee's here to advertise BW2.

Gamefreak is probably the one encouraging that faster pace, seeing as Masuda participates in discussions with the writers over what's going to be featured and such. Yes, Eevee could easily stay unevolved for the cuteness factor. Just one new Eevee evo could easily happen if they're supposed to be of the formerly special types, of which just Dragon is the only one unused. That type twould also fit in with the whole year of the dragon theme Pokemon has had going on lately.

Scan.png

http://www.dotup.org/uploda/www.dotup.org3591001.jpg

http://www.dotup.org/uploda/www.dotup.org3591000.jpg

new scans.

1) 'Set off, Team Eevee! Pokemon Rescue Team!!' Having fallen off a ledge on a mountain path, Satoshi and friends are saved by 'Sun Pokemon' Eifie and a young man with a 'Evolve Pokemon' EV.

2) Having all fallen off a cliff, Satoshi and friends are saved by several 'Evolve Pokemon' EV that appear there. As a Pokemon Rescue Team protecting the town, they head to a dam where an incident has occured, but the 'Crystal Pokemon' Freezio has frozen the door to the dam control room.

3) Satoshi and so on try to pass through a road blocked by rocks to no avail, and fall off a cliff. They are saved by a young man with an EV, Virgil. Virgil says that together with his family he made a Pokemon Rescue Team to protect the town.

Last edited:
As much as I would love to see the reveal of a new eon to start off the gen VI jazz, I really don't see it happening. The pokemon wouldn't just show up in the anime without having first been revealed in corocoro, and at the moment we've only really got 1 issue for that to happen in, and that comes out in a week. With this episode airing on corocoro's street release date, I could maybe, just maybe, see something happening with that advertising this whole Eevee thing. If we don't see a new eon in this month's issue, we won't be seeing it in the league.

But really I just don't feel we're ready for the onslaught of gen VI. Even if it's a case like Gonbe where it's revealed eons (see what I did there) before any other news of the actual games. I don't think we'll just sit with a new eon for a few years. If anything's going to happen with an eon I see it being Satoshi gets the Eevee as some have speculated, and that evolves at some point down the road. Like what happened with Aipom, only with the evolution actually happening before the end of the current generation. It may also just be that I haven't really been paying attention as much this generation so the coming of gen VI at the moment doesn't seem as fitting to me.

I'm content just to see all the members of that family together. Barring the gen IV ones that I don't really care about, it's nice and nostalgic to be seeing them as a group. I already like Virgil more than Trip, so I'm glad we'll be seeing him in the league I guess. Hopefully they can do some pretty interesting stuff with them as far as battles are concerned.

Screenplay: Shōji Yonemura
Storyboard: Yūji Asada
Assistant director : Takenori Kawada
Animation director: Masaaki Iwane

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom