• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Bulbapedia Suggestions, ideas, and problems

Hi, I'm just wondering if it would be fine for me to add information about card illustrations in the card's page. Such as noting that this card depicts N's Playroom, even if it isn't the main focus. And this card depicts Dragonspiral Tower. Maybe such information can be put in the trivia section? I'm asking because two of the three Frillish TCG pages note that both the male and female variates are depicted, so why not extend that treatment to locations?

I'm frustrated with Bulbapedia's Random Page not working correctly.
Can somebody attempt a fix?
This has been a problem for quite a while now.

EDIT:
I'm sorry for whatever reason it has begun to work again.
I literally tested it minutes before now and it did not work.
It may be that I made an account to complain someplace, only to be rejected a confirmation code sent to my email.
Regardless, when I was not logged in it would caché the pages it gave, thus repeating the same page every time you'd click on Random Page.
Specifically it selects two pages to repeat, and after a while one or both pages would change to something else. Still, its method of being random was tedious and broken.

Last edited:
On my Bulbapedia account, I recently tried to change my email address. Instead of success, all I got was the message Error sending mail: Unknown error in PHP's mail() function. I've been trying to confirm my email for several days now... Anyone know what's happening?

Reshiram's infobox picture is broken.
Reshiram (Pokémon) - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia
Error creating thumbnail: convert: unable to open image `/mnt/bulbawiki-media/upload/8/8d/643Reshiram.png': @ error/blob.c/OpenBlob/2587.
convert: unable to open file `/mnt/bulbawiki-media/upload/8/8d/643Reshiram.png' @ error/png.c/ReadPNGImage/3238.
convert: missing an image filename `/tmp/transform_c42a88-1.png' @ error/convert.c/ConvertImageCommand/3011

The information about the trainer card colours in Black 2/White 2 on the "Trainer Stars" page is incorrect. The starting colour is blue, while the second colour is a coppery green, not violet.

EDIT:
Also, a trainer star is unlocked by defeating the Champion League once.

Last edited:
On my Bulbapedia account, I recently tried to change my email address. Instead of success, all I got was the message Error sending mail: Unknown error in PHP's mail() function. I've been trying to confirm my email for several days now... Anyone know what's happening?
I've had the same problem since this server shift happened at the beginning of October. It doesn't work with any of my email accounts, nor is it a browser issue (Chrome/IE say the same), but I've been told "it's an error and we're working on it."

So just hang tight and hope it is resolved soon, like me. You can still ask others to fix something by posting on this thread, or try to retain your credit like I am and save your edits in a text file on your computer.

EDIT: It appears to be working. I'm now able to make edits.

Last edited:
Hello everyone!

I’m not sure if anyone remembers, but I’m the one who suggested to add Pokéblock and Poffin recipes to Bulbapedia a while ago (see somewhere above in this thread). I have not managed to do proper tables and templates in Bulbapedia yet, so I have not uploaded anything. But, I have translated and edited all the important information and recipes, and have uploaded them in various posts in a subreddit for Pokémon Ribbons. I’m just posting this here in case anyone with better Bulbapedia table and template skills wants to check it out and transfer the information and recipes to Bulbapedia to spread the information and share the knowledge. :)

I’ve made several posts, including:

Again, I do not claim that I have come up with all that information myself. All of the posts are based on the website about Pokéblocks and Berries in Gen III by Kakeru and the websites about Pokéblocks and about Poffins by Harumi.

Hope this helps at least a little bit to make the Pokéworld a better place. :)

Trying to fix a typo on the Nimbasa City page (in the Rondez-View Ferris Wheel paragraph, internation should be international). But I'm getting an error.
A database query syntax error has occurred. This may indicate a bug in the software. The last attempted database query was:
(SQL query hidden)
from within function "Revision::insertOn". Database returned error "1114: The table 'text' is full (10.218.85.147)".

On Unova Route 12 in Black 2 (and in White 2 I believe), one can find a lvl 38 Leavanny in the Rustling Grass.

Trying to fix a typo on the Nimbasa City page (in the Rondez-View Ferris Wheel paragraph, internation should be international). But I'm getting an error.
A database query syntax error has occurred. This may indicate a bug in the software. The last attempted database query was:
(SQL query hidden)
from within function "Revision::insertOn". Database returned error "1114: The table 'text' is full (10.218.85.147)".

I confirm that this issue is occuring.
Thanks for checking that it wasn't just me. Seems to be fixed now.
On Unova Route 12 in Black 2 (and in White 2 I believe), one can find a lvl 38 Leavanny in the Rustling Grass.
Added that for you.
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Unova_Route_12#Pok.C3.A9mon_Black_2_and_White_2

The whole dilemma about duos and quartets would be moot if there was simply a page about legendary groups in general instead.

The classification of legendary trio made sense when there was simply 2 trios and some other legends.

Now you have several trios and duos, some with an extra member, some without, some of the extra members being closer to the group, some being clearly superior...

Actually, even worse is the trio masters classification.
When half of those supposed trio masters are part of the trio itself, something isn't right.

Its inconsistent.
In one case, you have the rivals Groudon and Kyogre, with a clearly superior Rayquaza, and they are considered a trio.
In another case you have three golems, and a fourth bigger one, Regigigas, yet no one ever called them a quartet in human history.
Because these are 2 groups of legendaries,
-Weather legends, which consist of a duo and their master
-Golems, which consist of a trio and an extra member.

trios/duos->groups
master->extra member

Or do we have to wait till there is a group of 5 and they have an additional member that is inferior, for the term master to look too specialized and be replaced by something more general.

User:Saiph charon - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia

Guess not? .O.

Thanks !

I found a lvl 36 Ninetales in the Abundant Shrine in Black 2. Since its level wasn't mentionned on Bulbapedia's list of wild Pokémon in rustling grass in this area, I thought it'd be useful to know at what level we can find them.

A bullet under the Dub Edits section of M05 says:

A segment of approximately two minutes, which told the story of the origin of the Soul Dew in Alto Mare's ancient history, was cut. [...] This scene is very unique because the animation was done in a storybook-like fashion, something that had never been done before in the Pokémon anime nor has ever been repeated.

Meanwhile, in Dragon Force (M14)...
The Dragon Force is introduced in a storybook read by Mannes.

We have an image of the Latias/Latios story being depicted in storybook-like animation in M05, but does the storytelling in M14 use such animation, or is it just Mannes talking?

A bullet under the Dub Edits section of M05 says:

A segment of approximately two minutes, which told the story of the origin of the Soul Dew in Alto Mare's ancient history, was cut. [...] This scene is very unique because the animation was done in a storybook-like fashion, something that had never been done before in the Pokémon anime nor has ever been repeated.

Meanwhile, in Dragon Force (M14)...
The Dragon Force is introduced in a storybook read by Mannes.

We have an image of the Latias/Latios story being depicted in storybook-like animation in M05, but does the storytelling in M14 use such animation, or is it just Mannes talking?

Sort of.

There is a book that details the story about Victini, and it does look similar to it, but it's only a pop-up book and not the flashback. The actual flashback is shown animated normally.

For Yancy's calls when you retrieve her Xtransceiver as Nate, there are a few locations that don't have the specific spot where she calls you, so I'm adding these here :

Lacunosa Town : Under the bridge near the Pokémon Center, in the middle.
Route 9 : At the left of the Commercial Center, near the L-like bush.
Route 11 : In front of the truck.
Route 12 : On the highest hill, down-left most square.
Route 13 : On the south-east, to the far right of the running Ace Trainer.

I couldn't get the Route 14 spot, because I got to the number of calls that triggers her arrival at the Ferris Wheel. All that is missing now is Route 14 :)

Last edited:
Route 14's is at the top of the waterfall. Image from Serebii.
forgotten-route14.png

Also, it'll be exactly the same for Curtis when playing as Rosa.

Found a new problem. Lance's generation IV battle sprite appears to be displaying an old version, even though it was updated on Archives last month. It should show this:
Spr_HGSS_Lance.png

but instead I'm seeing this:
Spr_HGSS_Lance.png

The second image has an unwanted overlap.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/File:Spr_HGSS_Lance.png

I might sound like I'm stalking this thread, but I've spotted another error that needs to be corrected.

Colress's Pokémon in the post-game rematches have wrong levels in Challenge Mode : his Bulbapedia page says his Pokémons are all level 76 and 78 for his Klinklang, but when I battled him in Challenge I saw they were all level 75 and 77 for his Klinklang instead.

At least that's what I got. Maybe somebody else saw a higher level than I did ?

On a sidenote, he kicked 3 of my Pokémon's butts. :V

Back
Top Bottom