• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview Virgil and Eevees

Status
Not open for further replies.
As much as I would love to see the reveal of a new eon to start off the gen VI jazz, I really don't see it happening. The pokemon wouldn't just show up in the anime without having first been revealed in corocoro, and at the moment we've only really got 1 issue for that to happen in, and that comes out in a week. With this episode airing on corocoro's street release date, I could maybe, just maybe, see something happening with that advertising this whole Eevee thing. If we don't see a new eon in this month's issue, we won't be seeing it in the league.
They can reveal a new evolution in next month's issue and still leave about a month until its TV debut. If the league lasts seven episodes and Ash battles Virgil in the last episode, then the date of that final episode will be January 10th (due to a break in the last week of December). For all we know, the awkwardly placed Axew episode may even lead to the league being extended until January 17th.

But really I just don't feel we're ready for the onslaught of gen VI. Even if it's a case like Gonbe where it's revealed eons (see what I did there) before any other news of the actual games. I don't think we'll just sit with a new eon for a few years. If anything's going to happen with an eon I see it being Satoshi gets the Eevee as some have speculated, and that evolves at some point down the road. Like what happened with Aipom, only with the evolution actually happening before the end of the current generation. It may also just be that I haven't really been paying attention as much this generation so the coming of gen VI at the moment doesn't seem as fitting to me.
I'd say that you haven't been paying attention. Many fans believe that Generation VI will be released next year, and for convincing reasons. The fact that Keldeo, Meloetta and Genesect have all been distributed so close to each other speaks volumes. There is no reason for wrapping everything up (including the Unova League) unless a new generation is on the horizon.

I'm content just to see all the members of that family together. Barring the gen IV ones that I don't really care about, it's nice and nostalgic to be seeing them as a group.
I agree that the Eevee family can be promoted with or without a new evolution. But considering that they didn't do this kind of thing in Generation IV, why are they doing it now? And in the league, no less?

VAsList.png

Pignite is in this episode.

Rica Matsumoto: Satoshi
Ikue Ohtani: Pikachu
Mamoru Miyano: Dent
Aoi Yuki: Iris
Minami Tsuda: Kibago
Wasabi Mizuta: Chaobu
Chinami Nishimura: Eevee
Ryota Asari: Vaporeon
Hirou Sasaki: Jolteon
Yuki Hayashi: Flareon
Hiromi Igarashi: Espeon
Sota Arai: Umbreon
Momoko Ohara: Glaceon
Yuki Kaji: Virgil
Ryohei Kimura: Davey
Joji Nakata: Jeff
Unsho Ishizuka: narration

other names -
Kensuke Sato
Kiyotaka Furushima

Last edited:
Virgil says that together with his family he made a Pokemon Rescue Team to protect the town.
Boring. I was hoping that Virgil would turn out to have participated in other leagues. It just doesn't make sense that he is tied to his hometown and yet has time to collect badges.

Not sure if I should post this here or just the evolution thread, but it's about the preview so I'll do it here.

That last scene of the preview I could easily see making people think he's giving it away. Just the way he's doing that makes it look like he's saying goodbye. Don't know if I'm behind it, but I'm sure there are people who will. I'm off for a small village in Africa for 3 weeks so I guess I won't be finding out the answer for a while.

That last scene of the preview I could easily see making people think he's giving it away. Just the way he's doing that makes it look like he's saying goodbye. Don't know if I'm behind it, but I'm sure there are people who will. I'm off for a small village in Africa for 3 weeks so I guess I won't be finding out the answer for a while.
We know that is not the case since Virgil is confirmed to enter the league with Eevee included.

Yeah, if anything I'd say Virgil is just happily declaring to Eevee that they'll be participating in the League Tournament, to which Eevee happily complies.

They're all just SO HAPPY.

Preview
- Virgil runs and thrusts his right fist forward.
- Espeon comes out of its Pokeball.
- Flareon, Jolteon and Vaporeon run out of some sort barn.
- Umbreon, Glaceon and Lefeon run along a path.
- Eevee smiles.
- A person with a Stoutland in a helicopter takes off.
- A Cryogonal fires an Ice Beam.
- Ash and co. and Virgil run away from the Ice Beam.
- Virgil commands an attack.
- Glaceon does an Ice Attack.
- Umbreon is next to Glaceon.
- A Bisharp does an attack.
- Ash and co. run down some dark stairs, as Umbreon uses Flash?
- A Cryogonal spins and goes to attack Pignite.
- Unfortunately, Pignite dodges it.
- Flareon fires a fire attack or Eevee imagines being Flareon and firing a fire attack.
- Virgin throws 4 Pokeball's.
- Vaporeon does a Bubblebeam.
- Jolteon does an Electric Attack.
- Virgil holds Eevee in the air.
- Eevee smiles.

ポケットモンスター ベストウイッシュ シーズン2 - YouTube

Chinami Nishimura: Eevee
Ryota Asari: Vaporeon
Hirou Sasaki: Jolteon
Yuki Hayashi: Flareon
Hiromi Igarashi: Espeon
Sota Arai: Umbreon
Momoko Ohara: Glaceon

Wonder what happened to Leafeon...

Sadly, he's a mute.

For all we know, the awkwardly placed Axew episode may even lead to the league being extended until January 17th.

I hope so. The Leagues only last about 7 or 8 epsiodes and it would suck if one was wasted on filler crap (crap they've crammed down our throat before no less)

I wonder hows its going to work, showcasing Virgil with an Eevee and all Eeveelutions and if maybe he's given an exception to carry more than 6!

Pignite get to do something yay
As much as I love Pignite, I really hope it doesn't have a huge role. The little bastard doesn't need so much screentime. Scraggy (though it did lose to Brycen's), Boldore and Krookodile can deal with the Cryogonal, too.

Cryogonal are much cuter than Eeveelutions. That's all I have to say. :p

Pokabu was cuter than any of the Eeveeloutions :3c

But wow, from the preview, the animation for this looks gorgeous. I hope that all of the Eeveeloutions are showcased one by one a bit in the episode, even for just a few seconds, and it'd be fun if they all had different personalities.

[video=youtube;PrVDqS3xzH8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PrVDqS3xzH8&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Wieeh, Espeon~

I suspected that Virgil would use Espeon to save Iris and Ash, nice to see it being used. Other than that, looks like a decent episode. I'm curious to how Virgil will be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom