• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokeshipping General Discussion

Awesome! I'd forgotten it was Pokéshipping Day today. Great banner too!

Happy Pokéshipping Day everyone!

Thank you so much! Honestly, I thought I got the date wrong, I wasn't sure about PS day but I'm glad I confirmed it rightXD

Well, I'm guilty of forgetting it completely also... I'll make it up by drawing some fanart of it later.
Still, Happy Pokeshipping Day! The fact that there's still Pokeshippers to say that is a hopeful element in itself.

Well, I'm guilty of forgetting it completely also... I'll make it up by drawing some fanart of it later.
Still, Happy Pokeshipping Day! The fact that there's still Pokeshippers to say that is a hopeful element in itself.

Oh, I can't wait to see it:)
I'm also am making some fanarts but I haven't time posting it here..This thread has been silent for like..a month?Anyone got a good pokeshipping fanfic to read?

I read a funny one where Ash accuses Misty of using evil girl powers on him to make him constantly think of her and she eventually accuses him of doing the same thing to her. I won't give everything away, but it was hilarious. This is a random thought, but wouldn't it be awesome if Ash and Misty got married/together as a couple on Pokeshipping Day?

I read a funny one where Ash accuses Misty of using evil girl powers on him to make him constantly think of her and she eventually accuses him of doing the same thing to her. I won't give everything away, but it was hilarious.

hmm.. That's indeed hilarious to think of XD What's the title of the fic?

This is a random thought, but wouldn't it be awesome if Ash and Misty got married/together as a couple on Pokeshipping Day?

I never thought of this before but that would be AWESOME! To think that Novermber 7 is where we celebrate Pokeshipping day, it would be a great momentum at that same day as their marriage date, or maybe at least when Ash finally realized how he feels for Misty or what Misty's feelings are really to him.

I'm sure you all remember Ash saying something like he didn't think it was coincidence that he met Misty. Well, I just found a love song with that same concept and in light of what Ash said, I think it would fit a romantic relationship between them perfectly. It's called The Keeper of the Stars by Tracy Byrd.

Keeper of the Stars-Tracy Byrd-Lyrics on Screen. - YouTube

I'm sure you all remember Ash saying something like he didn't think it was coincidence that he met Misty.

Indeed I do - in fact, I've had it as my signature for quite a while, haha :)

And yeah, that song does fit your description pretty well. I also found a song a while ago that is quite relevant to Pokéshipping. Although the song is actually about the death of a loved one, the lyrics can also describe Ash's feelings about Misty not travelling with him anymore.

In Loving Memory - Alter Bridge (Lyrics) - YouTube

Indeed I do - in fact, I've had it as my signature for quite a while, haha :)

And yeah, that song does fit your description pretty well. I also found a song a while ago that is quite relevant to Pokéshipping. Although the song is actually about the death of a loved one, the lyrics can also describe Ash's feelings about Misty not travelling with him anymore.

In Loving Memory - Alter Bridge (Lyrics) - YouTube

The lyrics certainly would fit Ash's feelings about Misty traveling with him and him missing her. In fact, I have a song that would fit Misty if Ash died, but some of the lyrics could be applied to traveling as well.

Leona Lewis - Yesterday (lyrics) - YouTube

I'm sure you all remember Ash saying something like he didn't think it was coincidence that he met Misty.

I sure do remember that in GCYL.. was it?XD It's nice thing to know it came from Ash and he indeed say it. Comparing the english and japanese version of it,do they have the same lines for it?

*sees that he missed PokéShipping Day*

Quick question: Does anyone know when and how PokéShipping Day started?

I pretty much don't know about it and until now it still kept me thinking about it but here's a little answer for that:

"November 7th is the day that PHS, the first Pokeshipping group uploaded their first MEP :3
Gotta Catch You Later came out coincidentally on the 7th too."

Quoted from the Shipping Holiday thread.

I pretty much don't know about it and until now it still kept me thinking about it but here's a little answer for that:

"November 7th is the day that PHS, the first Pokeshipping group uploaded their first MEP :3
Gotta Catch You Later came out coincidentally on the 7th too."

Quoted from the Shipping Holiday thread.

Oh, that's very intriguing background. PHS stands for what, and is it still active? Ah, that's fun that the episode lands on the date too. Yes, about my fanart, that'll be up later this week, I hope.
In regards to the fanfictions, I don't know of any, and the episode... no clue. The only bit of the original I've watched is the part before the scene, but I've checked a few places on the episode and am none the wiser. I'll keep hunting.

PHS= Pokeshipping Heaven Studios . I don't know how active they are what they do pretty MEPs and they also did a video for Pokeshipping day last 2011 and this year, for 2012!

In your mind, what is the most salient or convincing pokeshipping hint?
I think in general, The Orange Islands episodes are the build up in Pokéshipping, with The Power of One being the pinnacle. I mean, there's no way the writers could have accidentally had all those hints. 1 maybe, but not that many.

The second Pokemon movie or "Misty meets her match" is two of the first ones that comes to my mind (among with a lot of stuff).

Serious question to everyone that is a Pokeshipper (new to this boards so sorry if another thread is better for this question) do you guys think Pokeshipping will happen in the end or not?
I wanna see it happen for sure, I started rewatch the entire anime now again after 7 years or something (late part of season 7 for me now) hopeing that Pokeshipping actually will happen :p

But even if I really wanna see it happen it feels like it was so many years Mistys was replaced (only in the show never in our hearts) that it's not likely it will happen. I have heard she is coming back in the new Pokemon game or something though (don't play those but I guess it's true) so that's something at least.

To much talk from me now...
Anyone feeling for telling what they honestly think?

In your mind, what is the most salient or convincing pokeshipping hint?
I think in general, The Orange Islands episodes are the build up in Pokéshipping, with The Power of One being the pinnacle. I mean, there's no way the writers could have accidentally had all those hints. 1 maybe, but not that many.

The second Pokemon movie or "Misty meets her match" is two of the first ones that comes to my mind (among with a lot of stuff).

Serious question to everyone that is a Pokeshipper (new to this boards so sorry if another thread is better for this question) do you guys think Pokeshipping will happen in the end or not?

First of all, welcome to the thread!

To answer the question, I'm not overly sure whether it'll happen or not, although admittedly I'm leaning towards the 'not happening' side slightly at the moment purely because of how long Misty has been absent from the anime, and how quickly the writers seem to 'forget' about the past female companions. If it was going to happen at all, in my opinion, it would happen at or near the end of the anime. We've often tried to picture an 'epilogue' for the anime on this thread in which everything comes full circle, including Pokéshipping becoming canon, but judging by how successful commercially the Pokémon franchise still is, I sincerely doubt they'll be thinking of stopping the anime anytime soon.

Thanks! =)

Yeah it feels like that for me too. I also agree it should happen near the end of the anime cause if it happens it would be most understandable and also a great way to end the anime (And then they have a kid that will go on a own journey or something).

The anime is so long so even if I don't know the ratings nowadays and still have many seasons to catch up it feels like it will not end anytime in a near future.

Help request locating an old Pokeshipping fanfic

I know its probably an extreme long shot that anyone will actually be able to help me with this, considering the situation, but I thought it couldn't hurt to ask, just in case.

so...does anyone else here remember the old original AAML website? come.to/AAML? and most specificly, does anyone remember the main fanfic those guys had up on their site, "Realization of Love"? (Ash & Misty's Fanfics) As anyone can see by opening that link and clicking on the fanfic itself, that site is long long dead, as it was hosted on Crosswinds. So in light of that, my desperate long shot question then is...by any slim insane chance would there be anyone out there who happens to have a link to some archive or something that might have saved this site's content including that fic, or even possibly have saved the fanfic itself???

That fanfic was the first Pokeshipping fic I ever read, and still to this day is my all time favorite fanfic ever; if ANYONE out there happens to still have a copy of it they could send me or link me to, I would be eternally grateful and love you forevers! Seriously. I am desperate to find this fic again. Anyone out there who can help? Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom