• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Tenth anniversary Groudon and Kyogre to be distributed in Japan: Various stores to di

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulbaBot

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
Tenth anniversary Groudon and Kyogre to be distributed in Japan: Various stores to distribute ...

Various stores in Japan will be distributing Groudon and Kyogre to celebrate the tenth anniversary of Pokémon Ruby and Sapphire Versions. Groudon will only be received by players of Black Version 2 and Kyogre will only be received by players of White Version 2. The distribution will run from Nov. 21, 2012 to Jan. 10, 2013.

Read more on Bulbanews

Re: Tenth anniversary Groudon and Kyogre to be distributed in Japan: Various stores t

There. A simple distribution to celebrate the 10th anniversary, not remakes. Told y'all they weren't happening this year.

Re: Tenth anniversary Groudon and Kyogre to be distributed in Japan: Various stores t

This better be distributed in the U.S. as next year is our tenth anniversary with R/S.

I also think that this distribution proves that RSEmakes won't be released in Generation V. This further proof contains spoilers for B2W2.
In Black 2 and White 2 you catch every Hoenn legendary Pokémon except the Weather Trio, Jirachi and Deoxys and many of the Generation III introduced Pokémon are included in the New Unova Pokédex so with this distribution the Hoenn Pokédex is nearly complete in Generation V without having to use the Pokétransfer Lab.

I think it is very likely that this distribution will happen internationally, maybe by Wi-Fi connection.

There. A simple distribution to celebrate the 10th anniversary, not remakes. Told y'all they weren't happening this year.

Whatever, 11th anniversary remake is fine too. :p
Why do White 2 players get Kyogre? If this comes out in the U.S. I really want a Groudon. D:

Why do White 2 players get Kyogre? If this comes out in the U.S. I really want a Groudon. D:

Because Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire and Pokemon Black and White. Both versions I've bolded are second versions based on how it was placed. If it were called Pokemon Sapphire and Ruby, then Groudon would've been in White 2 since Ruby was placed after Sapphire.

Because Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire and Pokemon Black and White. Both versions I've bolded are second versions based on how it was placed. If it were called Pokemon Sapphire and Ruby, then Groudon would've been in White 2 since Ruby was placed after Sapphire.

Well I kinda figured that out, but honestly, the whole "second version" to me means nothing. I just don't like calling it that. I like think of the paired versions as one game, but split into two different versions. The way people say "second version" make it seem like it's completely different and less important than the "first version."

Anyways, I just want a Groudon. is that too much to ask for? :p

Oh wow, is it RS's 10th Anniversary? :| About freakin' time we got SOMETHING to commemorate it. Dolls in Dream World don't count, since I can't train them. OTL

And yet Kyogre and Groudon are obtainable in HeartGold and SoulSilver, respectively, rather than the other way around.

Fudgenuggets said:
Anyways, I just want a Groudon. is that too much to ask for? :p
You haven't played Ruby, Emerald or SoulSilver? Groudon has been around. Frankly, this distribution is boring due to the lack of new moves.

Frankly, this distribution is boring due to the lack of new moves.
None of the moves known by Groudon or Kyogre in this event have been confirmed yet. They may include some event exclusive moves.
According to their official website, Groudon's moveset is Eruption, Hammer Arm, Earth Power and Solarbeam, while Kyogre's is Water Spout, Thunder, Ice Beam and Sheer Cold. No special moves whatsoever.

Also, for the 10th anniversary, a musical is being given away for B2W2 and the mascots for the Christmas Cup are the weather trio.

Why anyone would think there would be remakes this year, I don't know.

Was kind of hoping for the games coming out on eshop instead of a distribution happening though.

Another possible reason why you can only receive Kyogre in White 2 is that you can catch Reshiram in White 2 and its secondary type is Fire which Kyogre's type (Water) is super effective against. It is the same with Groudon only being received in Black 2 because Ground is super effective against Electric but I'm sure that this isn't the reason why the types of the Tao Trio were chosen. A double battle using Groudon and Zekrom or Kyogre and Reshiram would be a good type combination.

Last edited:

Why anyone would think there would be remakes this year, I don't know.

Was kind of hoping for the games coming out on eshop instead of a distribution happening though.
Some people are very...shall we say, "misguided".

Some people are very...shall we say, "misguided".

Thinking remakes will come out next year is being misguided in my opinion. To think they'd come out this year on such short notice sounds more like insanity to me.

Remakes are definitly not coming out this year (not even 2 months left) we'll either get them next year (2013) or later in Gen VI

Another possible reason why you can only receive Kyogre in White 2 is that you can catch Reshiram in White 2 and its secondary type is Fire which Kyogre's type (Water) is super effective against. It is the same with Groudon only being received in Black 2 because Ground is super effective against Electric but I'm sure that this isn't the reason why the types of the Tao Trio were chosen. A double battle using Groudon and Zekrom or Kyogre and Reshiram would be a good type combination.

Except Reshiram's dual typing negates Fire's Water weakness.

Also, for the 10th anniversary, a musical is being given away for B2W2 and the mascots for the Christmas Cup are the weather trio.

Ooooh, I wonder if said musical will use a remixed theme from RSE.

Ooooh, I wonder if said musical will use a remixed theme from RSE.
The official website confirmed as much. But it may just be the unused trainer battle theme in B2W2's data.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom