• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview BW103: "Opening of the Isshu League Higaki Conference!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speculation time, this gets me excited.

Looks like the big guns are facing off against each other first, how cool. Hahakomori is going up against Dageki, I'm guessing in a close-combat match given both Pokemon work mainly with physical moves and looks like Hahakomori learned himself a new move which looks like Scissors-Cross a.k.a X-Scissors.

Kenyan possibly owns and will debut Lepardas, which is using Double Team in fruition with Shadow Claw. Gamagaru is facing off against Zeburaika, Gamagaru is taking Spark/Wild Bolt like a champ. Seems like a weird choice so I'm guessing it was a switch-in and that attack was meant for another Pokemon. Hahakomori and Gamagaru getting battles is just fantastic, the reserves are shining and there's not a starter Pokemon in sight.

Next up we have Kotetsu's Riolu kicking Bel's Emboar's ass, which I like a lot. Riolu is a cool Pokemon and I love pint-sized powerhouses that can give large Pokemon a run for their money, looks like that small Fighting-type tosses Emboar with ease using what I guess is "Me First - Fling". Kotetsu's Daikenki also is being used in the battle, so this confirms that the League will indeed have more than just 1 on 1 battles. I'm hoping these are the three on three rounds.

Virgil is surely going to beat Mr./Ms.no-name who I hope is Koharu.

Who will win? Bel or Kotetsu? This is sooooo up in the air, it's really really unpredictable. The person who I want to win is Kotetsu and the person who I think will win is Kotetsu, given him and Satoshi bonded and then there's a pic of them talking and getting hyped up. I can see Bel losing and deciding to become Araragi-Hakase's assistant. Plus I'm getting tired of Bel's Emboar and the fact that line has been shown so much in-general. I can't form a solid opinion on Bel, sometimes I find her to be a bit annoying and sometimes I like her a lot. I still just want Kotetsu to beat her though if it's a choice between them.

At the end of the day I smile seeing Gamagaru getting a battle.

Last edited:
Gamagaru... FINALLY! :D
Please please plz give that guy some new moves, for the love of God.

Yeah, according to the 2ch guy, Lepardas belongs to Kenyan.

Stephan & Bianca probably be kick out in second round.
Ash probably going to face Kotetsu next.
Then Virgill.

Looks like Virgil's Vaporeon knows Aurora Beam.

Another one:
81737d1353306098-bw103-opening-isshu-league-higaki-conference-www.dotup.org3639227.jpg

Attachments

• www.dotup.org3639227.jpg
    www.dotup.org3639227.jpg
    546.8 KB · Views: 1,641
Last edited:
Didn't one of those early league advertisements say something like, "Bianca has gotten much more powerful, she will go far!" or something like that?

What the hell was the point in saying that if Bianca loses as early as the second round? And not even to Ash no less?

Didn't one of those early league advertisements say something like, "Bianca has gotten much more powerful, she will go far!" or something like that?

It said "before you y'know it, she wins with unexpected strength, and her goal of winning the league comes within grasp" or something. Unless of course the writers are gonna throw a curve ball, it appears as though that bio was full of bull.

W/e the case, I was really hoping Bianca would do well....though Stephan with a Liepard is pretty interesting.

So are there going to be two 3VS3 battles in BW104 after Trip loses? If so, Ash only having four major battles, with two of them being condensed into the first two episodes, is pretty lame.

It said "before you y'know it, she wins with unexpected strength, and her goal of winning the league comes within grasp" or something. Unless of course the writers are gonna throw a curve ball, it appears as though that bio was full of bull.

She does fight some normal type with hidden power in the first round with Emboar. They'll probably make it a OHKO with blast burn.

Besides I'm sure we all knew deep in our hearts that Bianca getting far was just wishful thinking

There's absolutely no way they will let Kotetsu lose so early. Too bad, I wanted to see Belle go pretty far. :S

Somehow, I never quite pictured Stephan with a Liepard, but that's certainly an amusing choice for him.

And count me in for being disappointed about Bianca not at least reaching the top eight. Oh well, I guess it was just too much to ask, after all.

Leavanny using a new move?
attachment.php
Its X-Scissor !!!
I wanted him to learn Leaf Blade and Struggle Bug.
However ''X-Scissor'' and Struggle will be a perfect combination.
First resist an attack using ''X-Scissor'' and then Push it away with ''Struggle Bug''.

Last edited:
I hope the battles arent rushed through,, this is league!!!! atleast i hope there is time for Ash's battles..
And round 1 - 1vs1
round 2 - 2 vs 2
round 3 - 3 vs 3..
Is the league gonna be like this???
Leavanny learning some new moves and palpitoad getting some screen time/battle. tats good as they have gone largely unnoticed :)

Consider me in the "Hope Bel wins and not Kotetsu" pile for their battle. Hoping BW's unpredictability comes to play here and gives Bel the win but its so unlikely.

Was it stated in the magazine that Hahakomori is using Scissors Cross? It looks a bit different to Iwapalace's.

Consider me in the "Hope Bel wins and not Kotetsu" pile for their battle. Hoping BW's unpredictability comes to play here and gives Bel the win but its so unlikely.

Was it stated in the magazine that Hahakomori is using Scissors Cross? It looks a bit different to Iwapalace's.
Ash beaten Bianca 2 time in a row while he haven't even battle Kotetsu.
Therefore , Bianca should lose for a satisfying League Ark .

Ash beaten Bianca 2 time in a row while he haven't even battle Kotetsu.
Therefore , Bianca should lose for a satisfying League Ark .

Nuts to Ash battling Kotetsu, I'd rather see Bianca kick some serious booty this league. (Clearly it's not going to happen though.) :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom