• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview BW106: Dageki Appears! Satoshi VS Kenyan!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: BW106 Krookodile and BW107 Hydreigon

Bianca losing's a real shame, but I hope it's because of Riolu evolving more than anything else. Pignite vs Hydregion's gonna be a lol fest. The question is, what Pokémon is being thrown by/jumping on Ferrothorn?

It's the final eel lol. The Lucario and Riolu from that poster are two different ones.

I cannot actually believe this but color me surprised that Kotetsu would be the one to have the Hydreigon. After all who coulda guessed he would have it? Certainly not anyone who would apply some sort of logical thinking into this. I took into account the fact that Hydreigon is worthy of a Pokemon who could possibly be a repeat of how powerful Darkrai was in the Sinnoh League Tournament as well as the fact that this is the same dunderhead Kotetsu who thought that this League took place all the way in Johto. His personality seems more or less like Ash's which would lead me to believe that Kotetsu could be worthy of using or otherwise catching this particular Hydreigon. Also the fact that none of Ash league rivals in the past save for the person who ended up beating him(which was Tyson at the Hoenn League) have never used a psuedo-legend in any of the past league.

Using precedents and some logic,I came to the conclusion that there were only two possiblilities for this Hydreigon, either it was owned by a recurring COTD like Katherine or a Random COTD who woulda got beat in like 30-45 secs with it although I previously though it could also be owned by a mystery trainer ala Tobias. Now let me say that I don't generally approve of someone like Kotetsu using a Hydreigon as I feel he isn't worthy to be using it, especially since it just appeared in the league out of nowhere and we or at least I did not see it coming. Also because Kotetsu seems like an Ash 2.0 presonality-wise and seeing that Kotetsu in fact does have this Hydreigon, to me it is quite unfair that Kotetsu can get a Hydreigon while Ash can not get a Fully Evolved Psuedo-Legend. Where was the fully evolved Garchomp Ash coulda had at the Sinnoh League to combat Tobias' Darkrai. Seriously this turned Kotetsu from being the Morrison of the tournament to possibly being the Premiere DEM of the Unova League.

Short Version:Kotetsu owning this Hydreigon bugs me waayyy more than Iris catching Dragonite before the Junior Cup and plowing her way with it all the way to the top 4 of the Junior Cup with it alone.

I cannot actually believe this but color me surprised that Kotetsu would be the one to have the Hydreigon. After all who coulda guessed he would have it? Certainly not anyone who would apply some sort of logical thinking into this. I took into account the fact that Hydreigon is worthy of a Pokemon who could possibly be a repeat of how powerful Darkrai was in the Sinnoh League Tournament as well as the fact that this is the same dunderhead Kotetsu who thought that this League took place all the way in Johto. His personality seems more or less like Ash's which would lead me to believe that Kotetsu could be worthy of using or otherwise catching this particular Hydreigon. Also the fact that none of Ash league rivals in the past save for the person who ended up beating him(which was Tyson at the Hoenn League) have never used a psuedo-legend in any of the past league.

Using precedents and some logic,I came to the conclusion that there were only two possiblilities for this Hydreigon, either it was owned by a recurring COTD like Katherine or a Random COTD who woulda got beat in like 30-45 secs with it although I previously though it could also be owned by a mystery trainer ala Tobias. Now let me say that I don't generally approve of someone like Kotetsu using a Hydreigon as I feel he isn't worthy to be using it, especially since it just appeared in the league out of nowhere and we or at least I did not see it coming. Also because Kotetsu seems like an Ash 2.0 presonality-wise and seeing that Kotetsu in fact does have this Hydreigon, to me it is quite unfair that Kotetsu can get a Hydreigon while Ash can not get a Fully Evolved Psuedo-Legend. Where was the fully evolved Garchomp Ash coulda had at the Sinnoh League to combat Tobias' Darkrai. Seriously this turned Kotetsu from being the Morrison of the tournament to possibly being the Premiere DEM of the Unova League.

Short Version:Kotetsu owning this Hydreigon bugs me waayyy more than Iris catching Dragonite before the Junior Cup and plowing her way with it all the way to the top 4 of the Junior Cup with it alone.

Psuedo Legendaries is just a fan made term. It isn't official.

Kotetsu having a Hydreigon is like Ash having a Charizard.

Psuedo Legendaries is just a fan made term. It isn't official.

Kotetsu having a Hydreigon is like Ash having a Charizard.

Well the way I see it, the only thing keeping Kotetsu's Hydreigon, who is generally seen as a type of Pokemon who's strength is second only to an actual legendary, from thourougly outclassing Ash's Charizard is the fact Ash had Charizard since his glory days in Kanto and of Course Hydreigon as a Species generally outclass all starter Pokemon like Charizard in strength. Charizard in my opinion is no better in the Anime than say Emboar. Speaking of which I believe Bianca's Emboar will lose against Hydreigon only for Ash's Pignite to evolve into an Emboar and beat. I really hope the writers go for the Ironic here.

So Silktree was right all along about Hydreigon belonging to Kotetsu. So we know that by BW107, Trip, Bianca, and Stephan will be eliminated. In that case, Krookodile is probably Ash's third pokemon for the Stephan battle (since it is the pokemon featured in Dare Da? in BW106). Kotetsu and Virgil are the only two rivals left for Ash, but wow I never saw this coming. I guess the writers were running out of individual species for any of the recurring characters to have; I would have never imagined Stephan being given a Liepard and Kotetsu having a Hydreigon. I can see Ash winning the battle against Kotetsu, and then losing to Virgil during BW108 or BW109.

EDIT: Ash using Pignite against a Hydreigon. It better have learned some Fighting-type moves, or Ash's battle here will be completely pointless.

Kotetsu owning this Hydreigon bugs me waayyy more than Iris catching Dragonite before the Junior Cup and plowing her way with it all the way to the top 4 of the Junior Cup with it alone.

Pseudo-legendaries have been used in pokemon league competitions before. Tyson had a Metagross in the Hoenn League, and it was arguably his strongest pokemon (it effortlessly took down Swellow and Grovyle before losing to Pikachu). Yes, Kotetsu having a pseudo-legendary means that it will be particularly difficult for Ash to defeat him, but it doesn't mean that this isn't feasible. Ash has plenty of pokemon (Leavanny, Scraggy, Krookodile) that can inflict super-effective damage against Hydreigon. But I do wonder if this will be a 3-on-3 like the previous battle, or if this will be the first 6-on-6 battle in this league.

Last edited:

I never thought I'd say this, but - way to devalue Iris' achievements. Who just happens to have a fully evolved Dragon type in their team?

iris and dragonite, then kotetsu and hydreigon WHAT THE HELL IS NEXT VIRGIL AND SALAMANCE OR ASH AND GARCHOMP

The Hydreigon belongs to... KOTETSU!? I now take back everything I said about Iris's Dragonite in the past, I mean really, this is obviously an excuse from the writers to make Ash lose the league faster.

Edit: To be honest, having Ash lose to a Hydreigon is at least better than having him lose to an Eevee.

Last edited:

What? The Hydreigon is the kid's? ...Ok, why not? I can't really say this means he'll win, but this is still an insult in another way. Technically, Ash does have a pseudo legend, just not a fully evolved pseudo legend, which means that this guy has done something Ash has not yet achieved, and he's supposed to be dumber than he is. But...I will try to calm down. We still have Virgil. They obviously can't let that go without there being a battle, so I will go out on a limb and say Ash can still win this. Arguably, they treat pseudos like any other powerful pokemon, and it is uncertain how they will do, but they will have to make it difficult in some way. Then again granted how Trip's Serperior was supposed to be this nigh unstoppable force, and yet, we know it ends up being defeated, I honestly don't know what to say about that.

Kotetsu has a Sanzandora, eh? Riolu, Sanzandora, and Daikenki. Kotetsu's got the full package, I never thought he could tame a Sanzandora or own one. I'm happy he does, I mean wow. If we saw how strong a wild Sanzandora was or how strong Shobu's, who doesn't train really, Sanzandora was. Then this one must be off-the-charts strong. The fact that this is Kotetsu's "secret weapon" of all things? He was keeping it under wraps for the Isshu League.

It's not as if Satoshi doesn't have an answer to Sanzandora, Chaobu could always learn a Fighting-type move prior. Waruvile has Dragon Claw and Hahakomori has String Shot. I'd love to see Zuruggu take out Sanzandora with his newly learned Focus Blast if possible, it would be a great throwback to the movie where he Headbutted Carlita's into submission.

Edit:Why are people pressed over Kotetsu having a Sanzandora? I really, really don't see a problem with it. Nor do I understand this obsession with the term Pseudo-legendary, it's a fan-made up term that means shit in-game or in the anime. Kotetsu having it is perfectly justified. Or is it simply because Kotetsu has something that Satoshi doesn't? We don't know how much experience Kotetsu has, but since he knows about Johto I wouldn't be surprised if he has traveled prior to his Isshu Journey.

Edit:Why are people pressed over Kotetsu having a Sanzandora? I really, really don't see a problem with it. Nor do I understand this obsession with the term Pseudo-legendary, it's a fan-made up term that means shit in-game or in the anime. Kotetsu having it is perfectly justified. Or is it simply because Kotetsu has something that Satoshi doesn't? We don't know how much experience Kotetsu has, but since he knows about Johto I wouldn't be surprised if he has traveled prior to his Isshu Journey.
Fan term or not, pseudo-legendaries are usually powerful. I'm pretty sure that every pseudo we've seen has been very formidable, like Drake's Dragonite or Cynthia's Garchomp. And I doubt Kotetsu actually has that much experience outside of Unova, since he didn't know he needed eight Badges to compete in the League, or to even register.

But I have no problem with Hydreigon as long as they explain how he got it. Calling it a "secret weapon" makes it seem really important. And how would Kotetsu, of all people, have gotten this weapon?

I would LMAO if he incidentally was looking for a certain Dragonite and sent his Hydreigon to fight one some time back. Then the Dragonite flew and he spent lots of time searching for it, hence why he was late to participate the Junior World Tournament.

Uhm, Tetsuya had a pseudo legendary with Metagross back in Hoenn and he didn't say anything about competing in another leage beforehand if I remember correctly. How a league rivals owning a pseudo legendary back then okay and in BW it isn't?

Is it because Kotetsu is a derpy character? He collected 8 badges and knows how to battle once he stimulates his brain by squeezing his brain in a comedic manner, why is it so hard to see that he can develop a close bond with his Pokémon in order to evovle them early? Some Pokémon of the same species evolve earlier than others in the anime anyway ( even in the games there are underleveled evolved Pokémon in the wild).

What interests me is the setup of the battles. 3 VS 3 or 6 VS 6 ? The anime barely uses the 6 VS 6 formula ( not once in BW so far if I'm correct) and the league episodes usually have a few of these to look forward to :/

Uhm, Tetsuya had a pseudo legendary with Metagross back in Hoenn and he didn't say anything about competing in another leage beforehand if I remember correctly. How a league rivals owning a pseudo legendary back then okay and in BW it isn't?
For me it isn't about pseudo-legendaries, it's about it being counter to one of the very very few plot points that BW has had, the difficulty of raising dragon type Pokemon and what being able to train and tame a powerful dragon means for the ability of a trainer as a whole.

For Ash, it took him months to be able to train Gible enough to master one move, being skilled enough to be able to calm down a Hydreigon was enough for Iris to be seen as worthy of being a Gym leader, but Kotetsu has a fully evolved dragon type as seemingly his fourth choice Pokemon.

If Ash wins here, it doesn't matter that Kotetsu had it, but if a dragon Pokemon with someone who hasn't been aiming to be a Dragon Master in a series with that as a specific focus, is what Ash loses the league to, it's just terrible writing and ruins a whole region's worth of development.

Oh? Kotetsu's got a Hydreigon? That's awesome.

Really, I sincerely doubt that Ash will lose here. He hasn't even battled Virgil yet, who I honestly believe will be the one to take Ash down. So, Hydreigon or not, I still think he's going to lose. I could be wrong, but I really don't think so. I just really hope that this will be a 6 on 6 battle, but it doesn't appear to be that way.... It's going to be cool to see Ash beat a Hydreigon.

Okay the kid got my attention now.

See this is what i'm talking about people. Kotetsu owning a Hydreigon is leagues worse than Iris catching a Dragonite. Especially if said Hydreigon is a supposed secret weapon. In my opinion this is no different than Tyson having Metagross and Tobias having Darkrai, only difference they both are the ones who were introduced only to win the league right before it while Kotetsu is just late on the uptake of being a standard rival for Ash. And yes I agree that Kotetsu given his personality is completely undeserving for owning and using that Hydreigon. And what about Riolu evolving into Lucario or Samurott being Kotetsu's best Pokemon, considering it is likely his starter. So this completely screws over Kotetsu's character developmentally and could potentially turn his character to an unworthy DEM only used to beat Ash in the league this time and even if that isn't the case, the simple fact that Kotetsu has this Hydreigon is still a unnecessary kick in the groin. This is my two cents here.

Is Ash vs Trip a 3 on 3 battle?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom