• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Your "FUUUUU" moments :D

When I spend hours struggling (no, not the move) to defeat a strong Pokémon, and when I FINALLY land the last hit that will knock the opponent out...

"A critical hit!"

Like, BITCH, THAT WOULD HAVE BEEN USEFUL HOURS AGO, NOT NOW.

The Elite Four of Unova.

Enough has been said.

In bw 1 or 2? Marshal probably gave me the most problems in either, but even he was pretty easy.

I've got a good anti-fuu moment from back in gen 2. I was levelling up my team for the elite 4, or for some crazy reason, and went to go get my Lanturn from the PC, and it wasn't there, nor in my party. So, naturally, I though my brother had screwed with my game, and interrogated him thoroughly (for an 8 year old), only to discover that I had put it in day-care. Tears of joy were shed, since my lanturn is probably my favorite electric type.

AAGGHHH I hate it when I'm just one battle away from leveling up and the wild Pokémon defeats me, and I have to go back to the Pokémon Center for just ONE GODDAMN BATTLE! FFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

Beat the elite four no problem, then battled iris and got hax'd. She landed six crits on me including three in a row. Got down to her archeops, aqua tail misses, rock slide flinched me and she KOd me with acrobatics. Such BS. Our next battle i would of won, yet i had a toxic miss on haxorus and he ended up survivin in the red. If it would of been poisoned i would of won. BS left and right up in here. Next battle Ice punch left haxorus with 1 HP and frozen, it thaws out next turn and sweeps. I was thinking, God this is some ********, and it wasnt its focus sash. It was at a little over half HP

When I spotted Tornadus, I took out a quick ball, It made a high pitch sound so right away I knew it was going to be a critical capture. Unfortunantly I've learned that pokemon can break free from a critical capture, the hard way.

One time I left my SoulSilver on my cupboard at night... I had an almost full Pokedex, hours and hours and hours worth of Shinies, tones of good Pokemon I wanted to send to Black including my famed Charizard I brought all the way from Red the original. Guess what? Woke up the next morning and there were chew marks on it. My DSi didn't even recognize the game. ;w; Damn cat...

A bit far-fetched to some, but I had two of these moments in particular. The first was in Gen III. I found a shiny Zubat in... Meteor Falls I think, whittled it's health down, and then when I reached into the item bag to throw a Poke Ball... I realized I didn't have a single Poke Ball on me. Needless to say, I never went far from any town without carrying a decent supply of Poke Balls on me.

The second is still the one that irritates me the most. It was at the Battle Hall in Pokemon Platinum. I managed to plow all the way up to the Gold match with Argenta, with my one Pokemon being Metagross. Guess what she walked into the battle with? FREAKIN MOLTRES. It kind of goes without saying, the battle didn't last long.
Moltres? A legendary? Why isn't it banned?

One time I left my SoulSilver on my cupboard at night... I had an almost full Pokedex, hours and hours and hours worth of Shinies, tones of good Pokemon I wanted to send to Black including my famed Charizard I brought all the way from Red the original. Guess what? Woke up the next morning and there were chew marks on it. My DSi didn't even recognize the game. ;w; Damn cat...

Uhm, that's impossible... Pkmn from Redcan only go up to Gen II, i think you mean firered

Uhm, that's impossible... Pkmn from Redcan only go up to Gen II, i think you mean firered

Hmm... Alright. That's actually really interesting...

I was playing yellow on my N64, I got to Gary, beat him with just my Snorlax left, then whe. I saved it said "N64 Unable to save, take ou the game cartridge, clean the connection cord and put the game back in" I literally had a rage fit, but I tried what the game said and thank God it worked!

Recently, after having poured what must cumulatively come to well over three weeks solid across several years into tose stupid little cartridges and cards and disks, I encountered my first ever real shiny. A Roselia in Platinum, while EVing my Gardevoir. I caught it. I celebrated. My DS ran out of batteries, jettisoning some 200 Sp. Atk EVs and my shiny Roselia into the oubliette of game-progress-that-never-really-happened. ;~; Worry not, shiny Roselia. "Alstroe", as I nick'd you. Alstroe, you'll live on in my memories, you beautiful nonexistent thing.

Hmm... Alright. That's actually really interesting...

A major overhaul in internal game code between GEN II and GEN III caused it to be impossible for Pokémon from GEN II to go into GEN III. This is likely why Game Freak made XD, Colosseum, Fire Red, and Leaf Green, as it would be rendered impossible to Catch 'em All without them. Also, the phrase 'Gotta Catch 'Em All' was placed on every Version box until GEN III.

Trying to find Audino to evolve some Pokes to fill the dex.
In three patches of shaking grass, I see:

A wild Wigglytuff appeared!
A wild Stoutland appeared!
A wild Dunsparce appeared!

On the other hand, I hadn't caught any of them so it turned out OK in the end. =D

Trying to find Audino to evolve some Pokes to fill the dex.
In three patches of shaking grass, I see:

A wild Wigglytuff appeared!
A wild Stoutland appeared!
A wild Dunsparce appeared!

On the other hand, I hadn't caught any of them so it turned out OK in the end. =D
I had something similar happen on my copy of Black. An Audino grind was quite literally the only way I could level up/evolve a member of my party so I headed to Lacunosa Town and dashed out of town. What do I see in three different patches of shaking grass? Emolga after Emolga after Emolga. This was a few days after dealing with the Emolga in the Invaders series so I wanted to raeg like you wouldn't believe.

However, when I got a fourth patch, I ended up with a Vespiquen who was holding a Poison Barb. I caught her and kept her. The Emolgas were cruelly beaten into dust, however. :evil:

This just happened to me while playing HeartGold. I was fighting a wild Gyarados with my Scyther.

"Gyarados used Ice Fang! It's super-effective!"
"Scyther is frozen solid!"
"Anser used Ice Heal! Scyther thawed out!"
"Gyarados used Ice Fang! It's super-effective!"
"Scyther is frozen solid!" WTF. AGAIN?! FUCK YOU VERY MUCH.

I gave Emerald to my brother for a few minutes.
"Kim, I saw this blue pokemon with wings."
"A wingull?"
"I don't know. It used something called Luster Purge. I killed it."

Which is why I never ever let anyone else touch my game. NEVER. Call me selfish or stingy or whatever bad word that comes to mind but I can never let anything like THAT happen. Heaven knows that I might find a Stunfisk in my box in a purple ball...and the game saved.

My FUUU moment was when I was battling Clay. My Dewott was in the red, everyone else dead.

One more Shell Blade and the Quake Badge shall be MINE!!!

Dewott used Shell Blade!
Attack Missed!
Excadrill used Bulldoze!
Dewott fainted!

*scream* YOU MISSED?! HOW COULD YOU MISS AT THE LAST MOMENT?!?!?!

I have a couple.

*Le 6 year old me in Blue's Victory Road*
*When suddenly, wild Start Menu appears*
"Huh... I walked down a ladder and that happened? Must be a glitch"
*When suddenly, a wild lv50 Dragonite appears*
"Wth? I'll try to catch it!"
*KIKI threw an ULTRA BALL! But it missed the POKéMON!*
"Let me weaken it a bit"
*(My level 60) BLASTOISE used SURF!*
*Enemy DRAGONITE fainted!*

I wouldn't mind, but I've Googled that thing for years, and I've never found any other instance of it happening.
Next up...

"(Shiny) Wild GEODUDE appeared!"
"BRANDON threw an ULTRA BALL"
"The wild GEODUDE broke free!"
"Wild GEODUDE used SELFDESTRUCT!"
"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH"

Finally, I died in the PWT when my opponent's last Pokemon had like 5HP left.

I have a couple.

*Le 6 year old me in Blue's Victory Road*
*When suddenly, wild Start Menu appears*
"Huh... I walked down a ladder and that happened? Must be a glitch"
*When suddenly, a wild lv50 Dragonite appears*
"Wth? I'll try to catch it!"
*KIKI threw an ULTRA BALL! But it missed the POKéMON!*
"Let me weaken it a bit"
*(My level 60) BLASTOISE used SURF!*
*Enemy DRAGONITE fainted!*

I wouldn't mind, but I've Googled that thing for years, and I've never found any other instance of it happening.
Next up...

"(Shiny) Wild GEODUDE appeared!"
"BRANDON threw an ULTRA BALL"
"The wild GEODUDE broke free!"
"Wild GEODUDE used SELFDESTRUCT!"
"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH"

Finally, I died in the PWT when my opponent's last Pokemon had like 5HP left.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom