• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Speculation: New Eeveelution to be revealed next week?

People want a Light-type Eevee Evolution? Is this 1999?

That's the ultimate fan-bait Pokemon right there. If you searched for "Light-type Eevee Evolution" on Deviantart, you'd get so many page returns your browser would probably force close. That's not even a real Pokemon yet, but I bet you there's already a Sonic/MLP/Lion King/Yoshi version of it.

Although a new Pokemon is always welcomed, I doubt it'll be a new Pokemon, let alone a new Eeveelution. The last postcard probably includes all of the Eeveelutions in a new pose or something. A new Pokemon is a big deal. They would have covered this in the most recent Corocoro or the official Pokemon website if they were planning to reveal a new Pokemon next week.

On my side, I didn't suggest the Light-type, or a new type in general, because "I just want it" or that "iT WOuLD Be aWESomeZZ and COoLLZZ!!" I suggested it by looking at the current situation:

* Virgil only has one Eevee, no currently appearing characters in Best Wishes Season 2, especially in the Unova League saga (unless there will be in the "Episode N saga") has an Eevee in their team.
* It's obvious that Virgil's Eevee is the one to evolve into the Generation VI Eeveelution.
* The recently-revealed Eevee and Eeveelutions postcard promotion reveals a single "?" postcard, indicating that there will be only a single Generation VI Eeveelution to be revealed.

Just by looking at it, it would totally be weird if they will unveil a Generation VI Eeveelution of a currently-revealed type aside from Fire, Water, Electric, Psychic, Dark, Grass, and Ice-types when they will only reveal one (again, one) new Eeveelution. The former scenario would make sense if they will unveil two or more Eeveelutions, but that is not the current situation right now.

So the reason I can see on why Game Freak decided to only unveil one Generation VI Eeveelution is to use this Generation VI Eeveelution to promote an upcoming new type, and it would really make sense for Game Freak to use Eevee for this since Eevee is about elemental types. But, of course, this is just my speculation.

I completely hope whatever Eevee it is it is a Dragon-type Eevee, given the hype around Dragons in the anime and Virgil's Eevee Team it makes sense.

My guess:
1) The ? card is actually the back side of the card. ( You remember you can flip a card, do you? )
2) The empty room is Umbreon's.
3) Its too early to reveal a Gen 6 Pokemon, far too early.

Conclusion: No new Eevee evolutions. Even i love them, but 7 is enough. (My favourite is Vaporeon)

My guess:
1) The ? card is actually the back side of the card. ( You remember you can flip a card, do you? )
2) The empty room is Umbreon's.
3) Its too early to reveal a Gen 6 Pokemon, far too early.

Conclusion: No new Eevee evolutions. Even i love them, but 7 is enough. (My favourite is Vaporeon)

Actually, it isn't "too early" to reveal a Gen 6 Pokemon. All the Pokemon from the Unova region have been revealed, and if the games were to come out next fall, then it would be a pretty good time to start hyping up the new generation.

According to Bulbapedia, Munchlax was revealed in May 2004, and Pokemon D/P weren't released in Japan until September 2006...

A new Pokemon is a big deal. They would have covered this in the most recent Corocoro or the official Pokemon website if they were planning to reveal a new Pokemon next week.
They didn't do that for B2W2 or the Kyurem Formes. Masuda just tweeted that he would appear on Smash, but the other sources didn't say anything at all. Besides, there is still a week left.

Mareepy said:
1)The ? card is actually the back side of the card. ( You remember you can flip a card, do you? )
No. The promotion page says that there are nine postcards, with the last one being a secret.

Sorry to be bursting bubbles, but the "secret" is a shot of them all together; this one, to be precise. These cards were distributed weeks ago; the very blog that the image with the question mark was taken from says they were distributed on the 10th November, too.

Sorry, I think the wait continues.

According to Bulbapedia, Munchlax was revealed in May 2004, and Pokemon D/P weren't released in Japan until September 2006...

Remember, Zorua and Zoroark were unveiled in February 2010, and BW were released in Japan that September. The same thing happened with the new legendary formes in 2012.

If the Gen VI games come out in Japan next September, are they pushing a new Eeveelution just because of the anime schedule?

These cards were distributed weeks ago; the very blog that the image with the question mark was taken from says they were distributed on the 10th November, too.
I didn't see the blog, but this begs the question why the official website treats the postcards as though they were unreleased. I guess that just about anything can be passed off as a secret these days.

Sorry to be bursting bubbles, but the "secret" is a shot of them all together; this one, to be precise. These cards were distributed weeks ago; the very blog that the image with the question mark was taken from says they were distributed on the 10th November, too.

Thanks! Case closed I suppose?

And besides, new Eeveelutions come in two's! I would personally like to see a Ghost type and a Poison type.

So there is no new eeveelutions eh? Since there is 9 cards, what is the last card thought? Can someone share the picture or link?

Note how they rotated the postcard to make it seem similar to the others, even though it should be laid horizontally.

*sees first post*

*gets excited*

*reads through thread*

*gets more excited*

*reaches end of thread*

*POP*

...But still, this is so true:

People want a Light-type Eevee Evolution? Is this 1999?

That's the ultimate fan-bait Pokemon right there. If you searched for "Light-type Eevee Evolution" on Deviantart, you'd get so many page returns your browser would probably force close. That's not even a real Pokemon yet, but I bet you there's already a Sonic/MLP/Lion King/Yoshi version of it.

...and don't forget gijinka version!

Remember, before everything else, there is ALWAYS a gijinka or other form of anthropomorhpization. It's the official initiation of fan acceptance.

*sees first post*
*gets excited*
*reads through thread*
*gets more excited*
*reaches end of thread*
*POP*
My experience exactly :V
Really wanted a new Eeveelution for Gen VI

And hey, I'd be open to a new type but only if it manages to even slightly balance the type chart out. I definitely don't think it should be a "light" type, though.

Oh, they are such trolls. Everything was set up for it to be a new eeveelution, and then it turns out to be them all together.

As with the Mewtwo hype (another pokémon with huge fan appeal) I believe we must start looking at the franchise as a whole, rather than expecting the build-ups and questionmarks in advertisements to serve as an arm of the current/upcoming games.

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom