• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pokémon Black & White Title Announcement Thread #2

Original: Sommelier Detective Dent! The Mystery of the Missing Kumasyun!!
Dub title: The Mystery of the Missing Cubchoo!
Yes, the last part's translated well but it doesn't mention Connoisseur Detective Cilan at all.

Original: Sommelier Detective Dent! The Mystery of the Missing Kumasyun!!
Dub title: The Mystery of the Missing Cubchoo!
Yes, the last part's translated well but it doesn't mention Connoisseur Detective Cilan at all.

Well it's just a title, plus the episode sounds more exciting without cilan's name in it :p

Last edited:
October schedule, thanks to my friend {Shadow} (Toonzone).

Oct 06 - 1534 - An Epic Defense Force!
Oct 13 - 1535 - Rocking the Virbank Gym! (Part 1)
Oct 20 - 1536 - Rocking the Virbank Gym! (Part 2)
Oct 27 - 1537 - All for the Love of Meloetta!
Nov 03 - 1538 - Piplup, Pansage, and a Meeting of the Times!

Unscheduled:
BW087: Expedition to Onix Island!
BW088: The Mystery of the Missing Cubchoo!
BW089: Iris and the Rogue Dragonite!

Two new dub titles:
* BW090: Jostling for the Junior Cup!
* BW091: Battling Authority Once Again!

Credit goes to "Altrius" from Bulbapedia.

I don't really get what the BW091 title is referring to out of the episode, Cilan against Trip?

I'm kinda hoping that we get 'A Serperior Battle' or something like that for BW092.

I don't really get what the BW091 title is referring to out of the episode, Cilan against Trip?.
It's referring to Iris trying to get Dragonite to obey her. Considering what authority means:

The power or right to give orders, make decisions, and enforce obedience.

It's referring to Iris trying to get Dragonite to obey her. Considering what authority means:
Suppose that makes sense, though it seems an odd inference that Iris is supposed to be an authority to Dragonite, the relationship between people and Pokemon isn't usually expressed that way. I suppose trainers do 'command' their Pokemon, but it's usually shown in the anime as being a partner/friendship situation rather than an authority to subject relationship.

Two new dub titles:

Not bad titles. I'm partial to the odd alliteration, so the first title is all good. But I don't really get the second title - how is Dawn 'authority'? Surely 'Big Time Dragon Rush' is a better title?

Two new dub titles:

Not bad titles. I'm partial to the odd alliteration, so the first title is all good. But I don't really get the second title - how is Dawn 'authority'? Surely 'Big Time Dragon Rush' is a better title?

Because it's not talking about Dawn.

And Iris and Dawn never battled before that episode. So it can't be talking about her if it's "once again".

Two new dub titles:

It's not talking about Dawn.

Who is it talking about, then? Cynthia?

Two new dub titles:

It's not talking about Dawn.

Who is it talking about, then? Cynthia?

........She doesn't even battle in that episode.

I don't really get what the BW091 title is referring to out of the episode, Cilan against Trip?.

The power or right to give orders, make decisions, and enforce obedience.

Pokémon schedule for November: (thanks to Shadow)

Nov 03 - 1538 - Piplup, Pansage and a Meeting of the Times!
Nov 10 - 1539 - Expedition to Onix Island!
Nov 17 - 1540 - The Mystery of the Missing Cubchoo!
Nov 24 - 1541 - Iris and the Rogue Dragonite!
Dec 01 - 1542 - Jostling for the Junior Cup!

Pokémon schedule for November: (thanks to Shadow)

Nov 03 - 1538 - Piplup, Pansage and a Meeting of the Times!
Nov 10 - 1539 - Expedition to Onix Island!
Nov 17 - 1540 - The Mystery of the Missing Cubchoo!
Nov 24 - 1541 - Iris and the Rogue Dragonite!
Dec 01 - 1542 - Jostling for the Junior Cup!

Man, they really are just giving out straight titles this season aren't they? They don't see them even be giving any thought to the cleverness of the jokes in the titles that they used to.

I like those... similar to the direct translations of the japanese titles, but with a little extra spice thrown in.

... I am not channeling Cilan.

Next Dub Title
BW094: The Road to Humilau

Last edited:
Yeah, I got the new title in a few hours ago, but couldn't check it due to busy schedule.
It is indeed what Playerking has posted above.

Jan 05 - 1546 - The Road to Humilau!

Edit: I just realized, there is no episode on 29th Dec. ;___;

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom