• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview BW106: Dageki Appears! Satoshi VS Kenyan!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Krookodile flying in the air is probably one of the more amusing things I've seen in this saga.

Maybe Krookodile loses stone edge so Boldore can "learn" stone edge in mid battle to beat Hydreigon later. Apparently to the writers 2 pokemon on the main cast knowing the same move is a sin or something.

Two problems, Unfezant already knows Aerial Ace and Boldore already forgot Stone Edge

well we know now what move is getting erased.

Watching Krookodile fly is awesome.. is it learning aerial ace which can be the only flying move it can legitimately learn..

Guys, maybe Pokemon can actually learn more than 4 attacks, but they actually can't use more than 4 in the same battle. I mean, we have seen Trip's Serperior to use 6 moves: Frenzy Plant, Energy Ball, SolarBeam, Dragon Tail, Wrap and Leer. I doubt someone like Trip would really make his Pokemon to forget such powerful moves as Frenzy Plant or Solar Beam, so maybe Pokemon can actually learn more than 4 moves, but only use 4 of them in battle.

Besides, there's the fact of the TM, which can be used several times to make a Pokemon learn, forget or even "re-learn" some moves. By TM, Krookodile can learn Dig, Aerial Ace, Dragon Claw and Stone Edge. So Krookodile can forget and recover these moves any time he wants, but Crunch can't be learn by TM, so he can't forget this one. Besides, how can you make a Pokemon crocodile forget to use his teeth as weapon, when teeth is the "signature weapon" for crocodiles? Don't you think I'm right? That would be easier for fans to accept that make a Pokemon lose one of its favourites moves.

Besides, don't forget the particulary case of Virgil's Eevee. In the Unova League, it has offensive attacks; but in its job as Pokemon Rescue, it also has moves to help its partners with Helping Hand and Protect. So maybe Pokemon can actually learn more than 4 moves, but only use 4 of them in battle.

OK, I hate to admit it, but maybe Krookodile's Crunch is really going to be story. I have checked old videos of Pokemon Battles where a Pokemon uses Bite or Crunch, and there's something strange in it. In most of the times, it's not shown how the Pokemon "bites" the opponent. As you know, in the anime is really hard to see a Pokemon using a Ground Type attacks that involves quaking the earth; mainly because in Japan earthquakes are really common and destructives.

I think something similar happens with Bite and Crunch. I mean, in reality, if a tiny animal bites you (like a crocodile baby) that's not a big deal. But instead, if a big and dangerous animal like an adult crocodile bites you, that can be very unpleasant. So, maybe they are erasing Krookodile's Crunch because is more unpleasant to see it now; since as a Sandile, his teeth was more "inoffensive" than now, when he's an ferocious Krookodile. And the animators probably don't want any "violent biting scenes", like in the first movie, when Charizardtwo bit Ash's Charizard in the neck.

However, I still find as a nonsense to make a Dark Type Pokemon not having any Dark Type move. As far as I see, they will have to replace Aerial Ace in the future for another move; I bet for Dark Pulse. So, what do you think of this?

OK, I hate to admit it, but maybe Krookodile's Crunch is really going to be story. I have checked old videos of Pokemon Battles where a Pokemon uses Bite or Crunch, and there's something strange in it. In most of the times, it's not shown how the Pokemon "bites" the opponent. As you know, in the anime is really hard to see a Pokemon using a Ground Type attacks that involves quaking the earth; mainly because in Japan earthquakes are really common and destructives.

I think something similar happens with Bite and Crunch. I mean, in reality, if a tiny animal bites you (like a crocodile baby) that's not a big deal. But instead, if a big and dangerous animal like an adult crocodile bites you, that can be very unpleasant. So, maybe they are erasing Krookodile's Crunch because is more unpleasant to see it now; since as a Sandile, his teeth was more "inoffensive" than now, when he's an ferocious Krookodile. And the animators probably don't want any "violent biting scenes", like in the first movie, when Charizardtwo bit Ash's Charizard in the neck.

However, I still find as a nonsense to make a Dark Type Pokemon not having any Dark Type move. As far as I see, they will have to replace Aerial Ace in the future for another move; I bet for Dark Pulse. So, what do you think of this?
I disagree. It's not pleasant when a animal scratches you (Dragon Claw), or when another stabs you from the ground either (Dig, as some kind of snakes), and yet he learnt both.

I bet my money on Dragon Claw, actually. Ok, he learnt recently, but it's not as effective as Stone Edge. Besides, what else will he do but attack at melee range, if he forget Stone Edge?

OMG I'm thinking Pignite evolves and beats Hydreigon and then Riolu evolves to beat Emboar.

I don't know what move Krookodile will most likely lose, but I want him to lose crunch. Im not bothered if he doesn't have a dark type move (Gliscor's final move set didn't have any flying or ground type moves, and it was a sweet move set), and I find crunch to be the most ineffective move in his move set anyway. I don't want him to lose stone edge since it gives Krookodile good long range abilities, Dig is good for dodging and attacking and he just learnt dragon claw. Swiping someone to attack is a lot more effective and easier than biting an opponent

I don't know what move Krookodile will most likely lose, but I want him to lose crunch. Im not bothered if he doesn't have a dark type move (Gliscor's final move set didn't have any flying or ground type moves, and it was a sweet move set), and I find crunch to be the most ineffective move in his move set anyway. I don't want him to lose stone edge since it gives Krookodile good long range abilities, Dig is good for dodging and attacking and he just learnt dragon claw. Swiping someone to attack is a lot more effective and easier than biting an opponent

Even when said pokemon's jaws can supposedly crush an automobile?

I was honestly pleased that the writers decided to fix Unfezant, Leavanny and Palpitoad's movesets because they all suck. Turns out every reserve is getting a new move, that is dumb because Krookodile and Boldore have great movesets. I hope Krookodile isn't lerning a move to be honest but if anything, get rid of Crunch and I hope to Arceus that this turns out to be Foul Play or Payback somhow.

Luckily, no new move has been annouced for Boldore, hope it stays that way.

And yet they don't mutilate each other :T

I was honestly pleased that the writers decided to fix Unfezant, Leavanny and Palpitoad's movesets because they all suck. Turns out every reserve is getting a new move, that is dumb because Krookodile and Boldore have great movesets. I hope Krookodile isn't lerning a move to be honest but if anything, get rid of Crunch and I hope to Arceus that this turns out to be Foul Play or Payback somhow.

Luckily, no new move has been annouced for Boldore, hope it stays that way.
Despite my bad taste about Unfezant in general not changing, I'm glad they fixed their movesets too. All that Leavanny needs now is some Grass move, like Leaf Blade, to replace Razor Leaf, and maybe something to replace String Shot. Either way, Leavanny will be fine with that. And Palpitoad's 4th move gap is finally going to be filled, though I think he needs some melee move.

All leads to Krookodile learning Aerial Ace. Which move is going to get rid of, that remains to be seen.

Yes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom